Edge vs The PG Era

Hulk Hogan's Brother

Stop asking me what I'm gonna do!!!
So we know that Edge is on some sort of a crusade against all stupidity in the WWE.Now ideally I would like Edge to realize that what is stupid in the WWE is the PG Era.In my opinion it could make him a huge babyface.

I'd like it to start out like this.Edge has a match against Jack Swagger and he cuts up Swagger.(In this case Swagger blades).So the medics come to attend to Swagger and Edge loses it completely.He goes beserk and starts attacking the medics.Next night he comes out and announces that he has finally realized what is wrong with the WWE and that it is the PG Era.

So maybe what Edge continues to do is try to do certain non-PG things on the show he is on much to the chagrin of the authorities.Maybe a heel can finally take him down,someone like say CM Punk.It could lead to a match where Edge puts his career on the line against the fact that if Edge wins WWE will have to go back to the TV-14 rating.Edge could lose the match because I believe he said someplace that he will be retiring in the next few years.

So what do you think guys.Edge,I'm pretty sure wants to retire as a babyface.Could this anti-PG guy gimmick make him a huge babyface?

Also note that this is not a "Attitude is better than PG thread".But anyone who watches has gotta admit that there are certain fans who are still in love with the attitude era.Edge could be there knight in the shing armor for them

WWE are PG so there won't be blood simple as that thought I would like this character to continue. WWE is PG and will be for the foreseeable future so everyone just deal with it and if you don't like WWE being PG watch another wrestling promotion eg. ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, PWG etc.which all put on better wrestling.

yep its true. As neiler187 said, this gimmick can continue without anything un-PG every having to happen. All edge has to do is fight with people who represent PG. Edge should spear hornswoggle, shoukd come out and tell santino the cobra is stupid and take him out, tell ryder that he's really really stupid and then the two could have a decent match. Etc..

Attitude is not coming back soon, although if linda loses and the market of WWE continues to fall as it currently is, the I may be eating those words soon. But you can have an attitude orientated storyline if you do it cleverly, come on writers, think!

Just because Edge strikes down on what the IWC often tends to strike down on as being stupid doesn't mean that he is anti PG. Edge's new characteristics and "mission" if you will is not gonna become a huge babyface due to striking down on numerous things that WWE deems as stupid for the sake of saying it's stupid. Just because the IWC says that the PG era sucks, or any PG material sucks it doesn't mean that it will help Edge get over due to it.

Edge will get over due to feuding with heels. Like everybody else gets over, feuding with the opponent that gets you popular or gets you hated. Edge might be able to draw a few favors here and there from the IWC due to this new hunt for stupidity. However I seriously doubt that it will ever become so relevant that it will make him a huge babyface.

Besides, Edge could very well also end up striking down on "stupid" material deemed stupid by WWE that aren't PG either. Edge has always been some kind of anti PG thing, but he has never been truly over as a babyface since his introduction of the Rated R Superstar moniker. So why would it start now?

@Ferbian

I think it could make him a huge babyface.Because almost everyone hates that stuff where the medics stop matches.The people in the crowd boo it incessantly.So don't you think that attacking medics will get him quite a pop? And he can turn his whole Rated R gimmick into an anti-PG gimmick.That is certainly a way he can get over as a babyface.

Yeah it is a somewhat risky thing to do but i think it could very well happen

@Ferbian

I think it could make him a huge babyface.Because almost everyone hates that stuff where the medics stop matches.The people in the crowd boo it incessantly.So don't you think that attacking medics will get him quite a pop? And he can turn his whole Rated R gimmick into an anti-PG gimmick.That is certainly a way he can get over as a babyface.

Yeah it is a somewhat risky thing to do but i think it could very well happen

Doubt it really. Because it's such an insignificant little thing for the majority of fans. The majority of fans doesn't give a shit about the PG Era, much less the things that comes along with it

Besides, why would he start attacking the medics and feud with them? Feud with the blood? I would love to see him try to do that, because I know it's impossible.

He's not gonna become a huge babyface due to feuding with the PG Era. Because WWE isn't gonna have him feud directly with the PG era. He's gonna feud with things that WWE deems to be unfunny for the sake of being unfunny.

Besides, why would he start attacking the medics and feud with them? Feud with the blood? I would love to see him try to do that, because I know it's impossible.

He wouldnt feud with the medics really.Im just saying imagine a scenario where Swagger is lying down and has been slightly cut open and Edge is poised and ready to deliver his Spear.Thats when the ref orders the match to be stopped and the medics come rushing to clean up Swagger's cut.

Then Edge flips out and starts attacking them because he was just on the brink of victory and these guys spoiled it for him.That would perfectly explain his actions.

He wouldnt feud with the medics really.Im just saying imagine a scenario where Swagger is lying down and has been slightly cut open and Edge is poised and ready to deliver his Spear.Thats when the ref orders the match to be stopped and the medics come rushing to clean up Swagger's cut.

Then Edge flips out and starts attacking them because he was just on the brink of victory and these guys spoiled it for him.That would perfectly explain his actions.

Which wouldn't make any sense. Why would he start attacking medical staff due to that? It would be rather irresponsible and certainly nothing that WWE would want to promote. Especially not if it more or less leaves Jack cut open, which is another thing that WWE doesn't want to feature a lot of.

You're not gonna have Edge attacking staff that aren't specifically trained to handle the pressure if you will. Or for that sake security guards who should be used to it. Medical staff, backstage crew etc. just won't be put into a position where they would get hurt for the sake of furthering some supposed storyline.

It's fine to have him attacking stupid things that actually involves storylines, like the eagle, computer etc. But not staff which aren't involved in the storyline.

Which wouldn't make any sense. Why would he start attacking medical staff due to that? It would be rather irresponsible and certainly nothing that WWE would want to promote. Especially not if it more or less leaves Jack cut open, which is another thing that WWE doesn't want to feature a lot of.

You're not gonna have Edge attacking staff that aren't specifically trained to handle the pressure if you will. Or for that sake security guards who should be used to it. Medical staff, backstage crew etc. just won't be put into a position where they would get hurt for the sake of furthering some supposed storyline.

It's fine to have him attacking stupid things that actually involves storylines, like the eagle, computer etc. But not staff which aren't involved in the storyline.

oh come on now ferb.do you think they'll use real medis in this case??they'll use a bunch of indy wrestlers in this case dressed as medics.

but i guess what you posted originally is correct.it is a bit risky to show a cut on tv in the present wwe so i guess this is not happening

oh come on now ferb.do you think they'll use real medis in this case??they'll use a bunch of indy wrestlers in this case dressed as medics.

but i guess what you posted originally is correct.it is a bit risky to show a cut on tv in the present wwe so i guess this is not happening

So what you're saying is that you're gonna bring in independent stars, or FCW developmental talents for the sake of serving as a one time only medic to get attacked? This idea is getting more and more ridiculously dragged out if I may say so.

How about we simply don't do it? Because overall it would just look wrong. Edge would be attacking what the crowd is to expect to be WWE employees that are fixing up his opponent for the safety of everybody involved. What kind of promoting of WWE is that gonna give? Especially if that is gonna put Edge over as a huge babyface. Considering the fact that politics is more or less on the tails of WWE, and most likely applauding the Pg programming because it appeals to everybody involved. But you want Edge to be against that, and expect him to become a huge babyface?

Not gonna work.

So what you're saying is that you're gonna bring in independent stars, or FCW developmental talents for the sake of serving as a one time only medic to get attacked? This idea is getting more and more ridiculously dragged out if I may say so.

How about we simply don't do it? Because overall it would just look wrong. Edge would be attacking what the crowd is to expect to be WWE employees that are fixing up his opponent for the safety of everybody involved. What kind of promoting of WWE is that gonna give? Especially if that is gonna put Edge over as a huge babyface. Considering the fact that politics is more or less on the tails of WWE, and most likely applauding the Pg programming because it appeals to everybody involved. But you want Edge to be against that, and expect him to become a huge babyface?

Not gonna work.

I think what rattlesnake is trying to say is that imagine a scenario where edge is feuding swagger for a belt. He is winning in the match but swagger has a cut and the ref orders the match to be stopped. OK he doesn't go off and attack medics but instead lets say he gets on the mic and say how its a bunch of crap that the match gets stopped because of a little cut when he was about to win.

I'm not necessarily condoning the idea, in fact i don't think WWE would do it because lets face it WWE is PG and that storyline would be anti-PG, it wouldn't make any6 sense unless they actually switched back from PG as a result of the feud, but that isn't going to happen so.

Thats just my translation of what he's trying to say.

So what you're saying is that you're gonna bring in independent stars, or FCW developmental talents for the sake of serving as a one time only medic to get attacked?

really Ferb are you that naive? Remember the guys whom CM Punk was converting to Straight Edge by cutting their hair off. They were all developemental talents.

So thats got nothing to do with the idea does it?

@Alex

I didn't mention about a belt but yes I think a belt would only add more intensity to the feud. Not to mention that it would explain Edge's actions better.

Yes your transalation was pretty accurate but I'm not really sure it was needed.

really Ferb are you that naive? Remember the guys whom CM Punk was converting to Straight Edge by cutting their hair off. They were all developemental talents.

So thats got nothing to do with the idea does it?

It furthered the storyline of the Straight Edge Society. What war on stupidity would Edge further by attacking medical staff? Absolutely none, because they're not stupid. There's nothing stupid with promoting the fact that you take care of your wrestlers.

It's just overall an ridiculous idea. You shouldn't promote attacks on staff. And sure they have done it with security guards. But they haven't had attacks on security guards since the Randy Orton vs Triple H storyline leading into Wrestlemania, 1½ years time. Why would they start booking staff attacks in a more PG environment?

Besides, the only reason that they have the medics in the ring is when someone is busted up the hard way. Because thats the only way it happens as of now. There's no blading anymore, so it would be ridiculous to implement a blade job for the sake of what could be nothing more than a silly spot.

I think what Edge has going on here right now with the current WWE stars is sheer gold. Considering the state of the WWE right now and the amount of heat of storylines and the bland-ness of anything. I think introducing any other stars would be a waste with the amount of potential that is sitting around WAITING to be used for something at the moment. Let's see, you have NEXUS, other than Barrett, Michael Cole who is monopolizing every show on commentary, Jack Swagger and his Eagle, you have the Bragging Rights team on Raw, and Del Rio, and other people who have yet to be utilized yet for a feud with Edge that are on the current rosters, oh, and the OBVIOUS choice, the mystery Raw GM. Why bother adding anymore newbies from FCW, just stick with what you have, and Edge knows how to run with it. Besides, I was in the Topeka audience when he started the whole "Flipping the Bird" thing and everyone was EATING IT UP. Trust me, there is plenty for him to work with. I think he can make this any rated show he wants and people will LOVE it. The man is a gift from the Heavens, they don't call him The Rated R Superstar for nothing.

It furthered the storyline of the Straight Edge Society. What war on stupidity would Edge further by attacking medical staff? Absolutely none, because they're not stupid. There's nothing stupid with promoting the fact that you take care of your wrestlers.

It's just overall an ridiculous idea. You shouldn't promote attacks on staff. And sure they have done it with security guards. But they haven't had attacks on security guards since the Randy Orton vs Triple H storyline leading into Wrestlemania, 1½ years time. Why would they start booking staff attacks in a more PG environment?

Besides, the only reason that they have the medics in the ring is when someone is busted up the hard way. Because thats the only way it happens as of now. There's no blading anymore, so it would be ridiculous to implement a blade job for the sake of what could be nothing more than a silly spot.

Really who is promoting attacks on the staff? Just because a face does it doesn't mean that it is what the WWE wants us to think. It just proves what Edge is willing to do to fulfil his own agenda.

And its not just a silly spot. It could give a good twist to Edge's character. Its his anti-PG character of his that I'm interested in. I'm sure there is some other way to do it but I think this is the best way.

Frankly I've been thinking about an Anti-PG character of Edge from the time he attacked the computer.Remember what he said? We have come from Austin giving Mcmahon the stunner to him arguing with a computer

I think what Edge has going on here right now with the current WWE stars is sheer gold. Considering the state of the WWE right now and the amount of heat of storylines and the bland-ness of anything. I think introducing any other stars would be a waste with the amount of potential that is sitting around WAITING to be used for something at the moment. Let's see, you have NEXUS, other than Barrett, Michael Cole who is monopolizing every show on commentary, Jack Swagger and his Eagle, you have the Bragging Rights team on Raw, and Del Rio, and other people who have yet to be utilized yet for a feud with Edge that are on the current rosters, oh, and the OBVIOUS choice, the mystery Raw GM. Why bother adding anymore newbies from FCW, just stick with what you have, and Edge knows how to run with it. Besides, I was in the Topeka audience when he started the whole "Flipping the Bird" thing and everyone was EATING IT UP. Trust me, there is plenty for him to work with. I think he can make this any rated show he wants and people will LOVE it. The man is a gift from the Heavens, they don't call him The Rated R Superstar for nothing.

Pretty sure you did not get what I wanted to post. I wanted Edge to have an Anti-PG type gimmick and I wanted this to happen in a match where Edge's opponent is cut up and the medics come to attend to that guy but Edge kinda flips out at this and starts attacking the medics.

Read my original post. There is no mention of adding newer superstars.

Really who is promoting attacks on the staff? Just because a face does it doesn't mean that it is what the WWE wants us to think. It just proves what Edge is willing to do to fulfil his own agenda.

That's not the kind of thing the politicians would think obviously. And we know Vince likes to appeal to the politics as well as he wants to promote his company in the best manner. Having one of his babyfaces, the good guys attacking staff.. Not gonna work. It works with a guy like Randy Orton attacking everybody because he only attacks actual and recognized WWE wrestlers. Not independent stars recognized as WWE staff.

And its not just a silly spot. It could give a good twist to Edge's character. Its his anti-PG character of his that I'm interested in. I'm sure there is some other way to do it but I think this is the best way.

Ehm.. No.. It is just a silly spot. Besides, he doesn't have an anti-Pg character. He has an anti-stupidity character. There's nowhere that it states that WWE deems PG stupid. There's nowhere that it states that WWE is deeming anything specifically stupid. They just book him to attack what could make sense to come off as stupid. So to try to appeal to the IWC, which is a rather small amount of the actual wrestling fans.. No thanks.

Frankly I've been thinking about an Anti-PG character of Edge from the time he attacked the computer.Remember what he said? We have come from Austin giving Mcmahon the stunner to him arguing with a computer

And that made you think he's anti PG? It's obvious they are gonna refer to one of the biggest moments in RAW history with one of their biggest stars of all time. They could've just as well promoted "From Hogan slamming Andre to Edge arguing with a computer". But they're not gonna do that, because Hogan is TNA material.

That's not the kind of thing the politicians would think obviously. And we know Vince likes to appeal to the politics as well as he wants to promote his company in the best manner. Having one of his babyfaces, the good guys attacking staff.. Not gonna work. It works with a guy like Randy Orton attacking everybody because he only attacks actual and recognized WWE wrestlers. Not independent stars recognized as WWE staff.

Ehm.. No.. It is just a silly spot. Besides, he doesn't have an anti-Pg character. He has an anti-stupidity character. There's nowhere that it states that WWE deems PG stupid. There's nowhere that it states that WWE is deeming anything specifically stupid. They just book him to attack what could make sense to come off as stupid. So to try to appeal to the IWC, which is a rather small amount of the actual wrestling fans.. No thanks.

And that made you think he's anti PG? It's obvious they are gonna refer to one of the biggest moments in RAW history with one of their biggest stars of all time. They could've just as well promoted "From Hogan slamming Andre to Edge arguing with a computer". But they're not gonna do that, because Hogan is TNA material.

I'm not saying Edge hs an Anti-PG character right now but it is something that I'm suggesting for Edge. Frankly a lot of fans like the attitude era and it would be nice if some guy stepped forward to defend it. Plus it would be a new storyline wouldn't it.

You are right that this would not take place.Vince is too concious to allow ssomething like this. But I would have liked to see this happen.

I'm not saying Edge hs an Anti-PG character right now but it is something that I'm suggesting for Edge. Frankly a lot of fans like the attitude era and it would be nice if some guy stepped forward to defend it. Plus it would be a new storyline wouldn't it.

Yes a lot of fans liked the Attitude Era, bravo. But that doesn't mean we should try to remember it constantly through a damned moniker. Besides the majority of people have most likely moved on, never truly watched the Attitude Era (Starting to watch afterwards) or are too young to remember it. I don't see why we need to constantly cry and complain about the PG era and "BRING BACK DA ATTITUDE ERAZ PLZ". It's getting tiring, and the storyline would be new but incredibly awful I'm sure.

Pretty sure you did not get what I wanted to post. I wanted Edge to have an Anti-PG type gimmick and I wanted this to happen in a match where Edge's opponent is cut up and the medics come to attend to that guy but Edge kinda flips out at this and starts attacking the medics.

Read my original post. There is no mention of adding newer superstars.

I understand that. But to me, what's the point of attacking random people like medics, time keepers, etc who have NOTHING to do with the current state of the WWE stories as it is now? That would be including factors that are irrelevant to current angles today. Granted it keeps thing interesting when someone new comes in and spices things up, but only if they are relevant to that particular situation. Case in point the Nexus invading. But bashing a medic who is trying to help someone just because you want to get your point across that you are sick of the PG era? I'm going to agree with Ferb here and say that there are better ways, and people that can be utilized instead of random strangers being ambushed just for those who are pining for the 'Attitude Era' of old again. To me, if people are still wishing for the days of old, how are you going to enjoy what's in front of you now? I say you better enjoy it while its here. Just because its PG doesn't mean its all boring. Besides, I think Edge is working well with what he has right now and it does have the potential to be something good. I say give it a chance without him attacking random personnel.

You know, I actually quite like the idea of 'Edge v PG' but it would be hard to pull off.

Edge is the 'Rated R Superstar' and he has mentioned a few times now on TV that he can't 'say this' or 'do that' now that the show is PG. I'm not saying that WWE should just drop the PG rating suddenly for the sake of this one storyline but it could be interesting to see Edge rebel against authority and constantly push the boundries of PG to its limit.

Obviously, it wont happen because if WWE were to portray Edge as pushing the limits of the PG rating, then WWE (the company) would technically be pushing the limits of PG which defeats the purpose of being PG in the first instance. I do like the idea but it is flawed...

I swear, a couple of months ago, we had Edge attacking Randy Orton or someone I believe, and then we had Mitchell Cole saying that we have officially entered the "Controversy" (however you spell that) era...That got me pretty excited, I thought the pg era would finally be over....Whatever happend to that so called "Controversy" era..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back