• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Edge/Taker Angle

NYSandman

Testicles. That is all.
I was really upset when Edge got injured. He was in one of the best pushes of his career, and now the poor guy's on the shelf.

My brother had a great idea for a storyline at the end of the year.

When Edge and Taker are both back, you put the title on one of them, probably Edge. Then, Taker wins the Royal Rumble! After that, you have a great match, two guys who both have NEVER been defeated at Wrestlemania going at it not just for the title, but also to keep their unbeaten streak intact! You could reverse this, too, and put the belt on Taker and have Edge win the rumble.

Edge is one of the true, Triple H style, monster, scumbag heels who could, without a doubt, get under Taker's skin and leave him layed out a few weeks.

I think it's a good idea.

Problem is, do you go with the youth at WM and make Edge win, or would they want to preserve Taker's record for when he retires? Edge, I think, has quite a few years left in the business, and killing Taker's streak would give him a MONSTER push! :D

This feuld will probably happen. Ok so if it's true that Undertaker returns at Unforgiven he will probably face Mark Henry. Then at the next PPV (No Mercy) he will face Khali in a match for the World title and most likely win.
Now when Edge comes back he will win the rumble in a heelish way (hide until the last minute..ect.) He challenges Undertaker for the title. The match already has all the build up (Edge "stole" the title from him, Streak vs. Streak). It would be cool to see Edge end the streak, but Vince doesn't want to. So Undertaker wins and goes 16-0. I see Edge winning the title at Backlash though.

Edge has been beaten in the MITB match this year,technically he has no streak anymore. But I agree, Taker vs. Edge would be great and will most likely happen.

No offense, but I do NOT need another "Taker wins the rumble and starts a lengthy road to wrestlemania" storyline, they did that already...THIS YEAR.

Truth be told they probably only set it up that way because Taker had never won a RR before.

I would like to see an Edge/Taker angle, just don't really know how I'd set it up...

Alex~Vab

It's easy. The Undertaker, who will be more ridiculously over than ever on his return, could capture the title from Khali just before or at the Royal Rumble. On the same night, Edge wins the Royal Rumble. They then face off at WrestleMania, and put on a show-stealer in the main event, ending with the Rated R Superstar fairly yet barely defeating the Deadman and ending his streak. The two shake hands after the match. Perfection.

I think we all can guess that this will happen at Wrestlemania and for those that say the streak is over and yes it is but you know WWE they will say its undefeated vs undefeatd at Wrestlemania for the WHC. As Edge has never lost at Wrestlemania as he was hurt so it dont count BS and you know Edge will be saying that too. Its just WWE style. But Taker returns battle Henry and that feuds ends at No Mercy. Taker regains the belts at Survivor Series and Edge wins the rumble and they face off at Mania. Taker wins as we know no one will beat him and Edge then wins it at Backlash and they finish their feud at Judgment Day in A Hell in the Cell.

No thats stupid, i don't see anyone beating the undertaker esp someone like edge a person who is made to look like a pussy champion (thank the creatice team).

Lets be honest the only person the WWE would ever make the Undertaker loose to would be, i hate the say it and GOD FORBID it does not happen as it would be the end of the WWE as we know it, that bastard JOHN CENA.

Do you really think Undertaker would get beat at WM and shake hands with the person who beat him???
Talk about ruining your gimmick, if that ever happened there would be no undertaker left.

And edge does not need the push, only someone like CM punk needs a push like this but that will SOON change if he and he should beat John Morrison for the ECW title at SS.

Edge ending 'Taker's Mania streak would probably never happen.vince wouldn't do it that way.if they were to end the streak they should pick a bigger name(even though there is no bigger name than the Undertaker) to do it or some one who is young like punk or maybe even a hardy.i think that edge is already beaten at wrestlemania even though they probably won't count it.

Edge ending 'Taker's Mania streak would probably never happen.vince wouldn't do it that way.if they were to end the streak they should pick a bigger name(even though there is no bigger name than the Undertaker) to do it or some one who is young like punk or maybe even a hardy.i think that edge is already beaten at wrestlemania even though they probably won't count it.

Actually it's possible. Edge is going to be sticking around a good while. Taker could be retiring. What better way to put Edge over as the future than to end Taker's streak?. He's only around 33 and might stick around 7 more years. He's also IMO WWE's # 1 guy right now when it comes to balancing out in ring and mic skills as well as the face of SD!. I wouldn't rule out Taker passing it over to Edge.

Like AJ said. Really WWE is going to book this as streak vs streak. People need to get over it and realize they will count Edge as injured that match.

This feud is pretty much a lock for WM. If it is Taker's last Mania. I can see him shaking hands with Edge after what is likely to be one hell of a match. I like the storyline with Edge winning the Rumble and moving on to face Taker at WM. Hope it happens.

If someone ever beats the undertaker at WM it NEEDS to be someone who has not yet had a WWE title reign. Edge does not need any kind of push, he is already one of the top heels in the WWE. Someone like Kennady but undertaker has already put him over.
Like i said CM punk is the only viable choice.
However there is another way, at WM end both Kane and Undertakers careear, by having them both 'killed' in some type of match. The good thing about this would be that people would be able to argue for generations if takers streak was broken or not. Not only this but it would take them out of the WWE when their still good and not left like stale bread such as rick flair and Hogan.
The more realistic view is that Taker stays to make it 20-0 an untouchable record.

If someone ever beats the undertaker at WM it NEEDS to be someone who has not yet had a WWE title reign. Edge does not need any kind of push, he is already one of the top heels in the WWE. Someone like Kennady but undertaker has already put him over.

Hogan passed the torch to Rock after Rock had reigns as champion...I wouldn't rule out the possibility that it will be Edge ending the streak. CM Punk...lol... That feud would go nowhere especially at this years WM. Punk needs more time before he will be main eventing on the big stage and he will be on ECW for the remainder of the year. Edge is a more better choice. He will be WWE's top guy for years to come a win over Taker at WM would get him started. That's even if they will want to end the streak. Which I think is doubtful.

I think Edge ending the streak would put an end to what could be an epic feud throughout 2008. Everyone agrees that this should be taking place at Wresltemania, and should be THE main event, but with a twist...I will get to that at the very end...

Taker will be making his return at Unforgiven in a role with Mark Henry. Whether its a match or not, the feud will end at No Mercy. Don't forget about Cyber Sunday guys. That's where Taker gets voted in by the fans and defeats Khali for the World Title. Meanwhile, Rey Mysterio and Matt Hardy (the losers of the poll) win the WWE Tag Team Titles.

Edge makes his return and challenges Undertaker to each captain a team in a Classic Survivor Series Match, with a unique stipulation...If Undertaker is pinned in the match, that man will become World Heavyweight Champion. Edge, Khali, Mark Henry, and Deuce & Domino def Undertaker, Kane, Batista, Rey Mysterio, and Matt Hardy with Edge pinning Taker to become new champion. After the match, Khali puts a beating on Taker taking him out of action for the next few months.

Edge goes on to defeat Mysterio at Armageddon, Hardy at New Years Revolution, and both in a Triple Threat Match at the Royal Rumble.

Taker makes his eventual return after the RR and Theodore Long makes him number one contender at Wrestlemania after a Raw superstar won the RR. Some gay tag match will probably happen at No Way out.

Now, it's Wrestlemania. It's Edge and Taker, 1 on 1. But here is the twist. KENNEDY cashes in his newly won Money in the Bank that he won earlier in the night and goes on to defeat Edge and Undertaker in a triple threat match by pinning Undertaker to become new World Heavyweight Champion.

This could set up a huge 3 man feud through most of 2008.

Edge makes his return and challenges Undertaker to each captain a team in a Classic Survivor Series Match, with a unique stipulation...If Undertaker is pinned in the match, that man will become World Heavyweight Champion. Edge, Khali, Mark Henry, and Deuce & Domino def Undertaker, Kane, Batista, Rey Mysterio, and Matt Hardy with Edge pinning Taker to become new champion.

This idea to me is absolutely perfect edge and undertaker is a great feud waiting to happen and a title change like that would be the perfect way to solidify it

When Hogan passed the torch to the Rock was very very differnt.
First Undertaker's streak is on the line, something which basically makes him who he is.

Second, Hogan was an old fart at that time, Undertaker can still out wrestle edge anytime. UNdertaker still has a couple of years in him. AND edge has said himself that he does not want to wrestle till an old age.

And when i was talking about CM punk i didnt mean soon, i meant at Wrestle 25 or something. Be honest who would beifet the push more CM punk or Edge?

Personally i do not want His streak to end and if it does i don't want it too be against edge, not that i have anything against him but he does not need it and they way he is portrayed Edge beating taker is a joke.

First Undertaker's streak is on the line, something which basically makes him who he is.

It really doesn't make him who he is IMO. Taker's gimmick and classic feuds and matches have made him who he is. The streak is something that will be remembered mostly. If he is to lose the streak it will not take anything away from him. He is by far one of the greatest superstars ever and a future hall of famer. IMO theres no need to worry he will still have the streak I'm just saying if he WANTS to put someone over by losing his streak Edge wouldn't be a terrible choice.

Second, Hogan was an old fart at that time, Undertaker can still out wrestle edge anytime. UNdertaker still has a couple of years in him. AND edge has said himself that he does not want to wrestle till an old age.

If Taker wants to call it quits before he gets old and out of shape then he will retire soon. Look at Kane now. He's terrible. I wouldn't want Taker to be jobbing to Dan Rodman and Mighty Biggs in the future. It would damage his credibility before he goes out. Edge is 34 he can still wrestle at least until he's 40 if he wanted to. That's 6 years. Edge will be the top guy for at least 3 of the upcoming 6. Rock sold out and went to Hollywood or he would still be wrestling today.

And when i was talking about CM punk i didnt mean soon, i meant at Wrestle 25 or something. Be honest who would beifet the push more CM punk or Edge?

Edge,CM Punk hasn't proved anything yet. He's on ECW. He cannot prove he will be a big time player because he hasn't been on the top shows yet. Edge is established and is the future of SD! and WWE. It would benefit Edge more to have that win over Taker because we have no idea if CM Punk is even going to be a big draw because he isn't ready yet and hasn't went to the big show.

Personally i do not want His streak to end and if it does i don't want it too be against edge, not that i have anything against him but he does not need it and they way he is portrayed Edge beating taker is a joke.

Edge is a good choice. Anyone else wouldn't make sense. I really don't want the streak to end neither but if it does. I'd say let Edge.

Well recently The Punk - morrison feud is the best thing in WWE right now, and im very sure that punk is a consistent draw on ECW especially with all the origionalls gone.

Edge can go another 6 years yea, but thats not the point, edge has already began his legacy he has already made a name for himself.

It just came to me now, that no one should end the streak, and it has nothing to do with taker.

The person who does if ever break the streak would be known for that single thing, because you can't get any bigger than that. And wrestling fans and especially the IWC will always put foward that this superstar got it easy and automatically rose to fame after ending the streak.

Not to say that no deserves it but in a sense it will take credability from both the superstar AND the undertaker.

Well recently The Punk - morrison feud is the best thing in WWE right now, and im very sure that punk is a consistent draw on ECW especially with all the origionalls gone.

Yes. Punk/Morrison is a good feud but Orton/Cena is the best one as of right now. Punk is on ECW he isn't playing with the big boys on RAW yet or SD!(even though its god awful right now). We have no idea how he will be when he gets to one of The big 2 and it won't be before WM 24 and that's what I'm talking about.

Edge can go another 6 years yea, but that's not the point, edge has already began his legacy he has already made a name for himself.

So had Rock. Edge has had 3 title reigns 2 of those being flukes just to hand Cena the belt and the 3rd which he was scheduled to get a long run ended due to injury. Edge hasn't made a legacy for himself in the main event scene necessarily. When he returns he will be right back in the chase and a player for years to come. Ending the streak would be great to get Edge started as a big name in the main event spot for years to come.

The person who does if ever break the streak would be known for that single thing, because you can't get any bigger than that. And wrestling fans and especially the IWC will always put foward that this superstar got it easy and automatically rose to fame after ending the streak.

Not really,If Edge retired right now. I'd remember him for mostly his tag team days and 3 fluke reigns as World Champion and a solid singles career that could have been more. Beating Taker would not be all he is known for if after ending the streak if he goes on the finish a solid career.

Not to say that no deserves it but in a sense it will take credability from both the superstar AND the undertaker.

The superstar would gain more credibility. Taker wouldn't lose any,he has had to great of a career just to lose cred for losing the streak he had for so long. If it is ended he is still going to be remember as winning 15 straight at WM.

I'd like for him to keep the streak but I wouldn't mind if he lost it. Hell I wouldn't doubt he will still be around after WM 24.

sorry for the late reply. I was a little busy in the Cena thread yesterday.:D

I personally don't think The Undertaker's streak should EVER end. It's one of the few things in wrestling that old school and new school fans connect to. It's also one of the few real things in wrestling. Yes, I know he's booked to win and wrestling is choreographed, but no one really knows if Taker's streak will be booked to continue, so we watch wondering if it will continue on. Being a HUGE Undertaker fan, I was on the edge of my seat when he wrestled Batista because I really wanted the streak to continue and live on. I've heard Taker may not wrestle much longer, but ending his career with a loss at Wrestlemania just isn't right. He wouldn't be passing the torch to Edge by giving up his streak. He'd be tarnishing his own legacy. It's better to leave undefeated than 15-1. What's the point of that?

I say the best way to do it is let Taker return and take out Mark Henry, setting him up as the #1 Contender. Undertaker faces and defeats The Great Khali at Survivor Series, followed by title defenses against Kane, MVP, Batista (one more time) and Henry. Meanwhile, Edge returns bigger and better and wins the Royal Rumble, and challenges Undertaker for the World Heavyweight Title, and in a hard-fought match, Taker retains the title, wins the rematch at Backlash, but loses it to Edge in a three-way between him, MVP and Edge at Judgement Day. Edge starts going face to feud with MVP, and Taker "ascends" to the heavens for the last time.

I personally don't think The Undertaker's streak should EVER end. It's one of the few things in wrestling that old school and new school fans connect to. It's also one of the few real things in wrestling. Yes, I know he's booked to win and wrestling is choreographed, but no one really knows if Taker's streak will be booked to continue, so we watch wondering if it will continue on. Being a HUGE Undertaker fan, I was on the edge of my seat when he wrestled Batista because I really wanted the streak to continue and live on. I've heard Taker may not wrestle much longer, but ending his career with a loss at Wrestlemania just isn't right. He wouldn't be passing the torch to Edge by giving up his streak. He'd be tarnishing his own legacy. It's better to leave undefeated than 15-1. What's the point of that?

Nobody said it was. I doubt this will be his last WM anyways. Wrestlers say they are going to retire constanly but never end up doing so. They stay and make special apperances and matches. Look at Hogan, Flair will be doing so soon. I'm a huge Taker fan myself and I wouldn't mind at all if the streak is broken by Edge. People act like this streak is the biggest thing Taker has. He also has one hell of a career full of classics. 5 Title Reigns. A Royal Rumble win. Multiple tag team titles. One of the biggest names ever and a future hall of famer and greatest gimmick of all time. He's done it all. If the streak is broke it would not hurt or "damage" his career at all. That's BS. In a way it is passing the torch to Edge. Taker loses gives Edge the ball and let him run with it. It could jumpstart a very good finish to Edge's career. I still highly doubt Taker will be fully done after WM anyways. You want to talk about tarnishing legacies. Taker sticks around full time for more years to come. He's going to end up being a jobber jobbing to Biggs and Rodman and incoming big guy monsters. I don't want to see that. He should go out strong.

guys guys guys, this is whats gonna happen, taker is gonna be in a bs match and win this year at wrestlemania, then, at wm 25, Kane is gonna beat taker for the world title, and they will both retire

Cena ending Taker's streak? MY GOD, did you have to put that in my head? That would be a disgrace.

Yeah, the Taker has won a few Rumbles. Maybe we could use the reverse and have Edge win the Rumble and Taker win the belt earlier.

I also think that Undertaker has, whether it be in his contract or just out of respect, creative control. I doubt he would lose to Cena, and I don't blame him. I cannot say about Edge, though.

That wouldn't be a good idea , first if Taker wins the rumble with Edge going to Mania as the champ that means Taker winning it the rumble again 2nd year in a row and winning the WHC again 2nd year in a row and the WM main even becuase all the time who ever wins the royal rumble wins the title other that the one 7 years ago. And if Edge wins the Rumble then wins the title from Taker at WM that would be stupid because it would end Taker's 15-0 run wich not be ended.

I think Undertaker will win the title at Survivor Series and a Raw guy will win the Rumble. Ede will probably win a goldrush tournament and become NO.1 contender

Undertaker will not lose his streak he'll be 16-0 then retire while he's still on top. the only way Edge could get a push out of this is if they have an ironman match and it ends up Taker winning 2-1. then Edge can say he's the only man to have pinned Undertaker at Wrestlemania.

they definitely wont shake hands, that would ruin Edges and Undertakers gimmick, your more likely to see Edge get chokeslammed through the ring and then sacrificed by druids.

i am a huge Edge head but i realy dont want anyone to end the Undertakers streak because its one of the reasons wrestlemania has been good. seeing Undertaker defending his streak has been great to watch for the last 15 years.

I think this could be the last time we see Undertaker in a Wrestling ring because i think he looks like he's in the best shape of his career and i think Mark Calloway (Undertakers real name) is smart enough to go out at the top. i think we'll see him beat Edge then he'll just vanish and we'll never see him again. thats the perfect way for Undertaker to go out.

I think this would be a great feud, especially since Undertaker and Edge are the two best wrestlers on Smackdown. It would be great to see Edge defend against Undertaker at wrestlemania, with Taker coming out the champion with the 16-0 streak. This would be a great way for Taker's final wrestlemania, esspecially since it would be against Edge, who is a great wrestler, but also the biggest heel in the WWE, so everyone would be cheering for the Undertaker.

i think it is inevitable that Taker is going to be the world champ again...he was set for a long title reign until he was injured so it is only logical that he picks up where he left off in May...i think he will regain the title before mania and i think he will carry it to mania and retain it.....everyone seems to think that he is set to retire this year...i wouldn't bet on that...i think he has still got a few years left in the tank.....i also think that we've not seen the last of him on RAW...i feel that he will return to the company's flagship program for his final run whenever that is...RAW is the bigger show and my thoughts are that he will go out with a bang, facing a huge name opponent, whether it's Cena,Michaels, or HHH....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back