Michaels vs. La Parka

• HBK

• Lucha Lucha

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following match takes plac ein the ECW Region under Extreme Rules, from San Antonio, TX.

#2. The Heartbreak Kid Shawn Michaels
ShawnMichaels_1_.jpg

vs.

#63. "The Chairman of WCW" La Parka
LaParka.jpg

While I'm not quite crazy enough to vote for La Parka here, I do think he wins about a quarter of the time in an ECW environment. He wasn't called the Chairman for nothing. He was the hardcore luchador in WCW, and it shouldn't go unnoticed. HBK gets my vote, but only after a long, bloody, greusome brawl.

While I'm not quite crazy enough to vote for La Parka here, I do think he wins about a quarter of the time in an ECW environment.

A lot of people are putting way too much stock in some guys because of the hardcore environment. It is a slight advantage but not nearly as big as most people think. Just because guys have been in the WWE their whole life it doesn't mean they couldn't adapt to a hardcore environment. It really doesn't take much skill to pick up a chair and hit somebody with it. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that doing a normal move with a weapon will inflict more damage. HBK has been in and won ladder matches, Hell in a Cell's, Elimination chambers, and anything goes matches. La Parka would win zero percent of the time against HBK. Shawn Michaels wins fairly easily.

la_parka_poster.jpg

Dude, I always loved La Parka. Great angle, terrfic character. He did a lot with his talent, and I always felt he was one of the better luchadors in the world. He's gone on to be a comic book star, in films, etc.

And to be honest, I really hope he gets to cut a promo and dance before this match.

Because it'll take Michaels les than 2 minutes to dispatch of him.

La Parka is fun, Michaels is a legend and a "first-ballot hall of famer."

A lot of people are putting way too much stock in some guys because of the hardcore environment. It is a slight advantage but not nearly as big as most people think. Just because guys have been in the WWE their whole life it doesn't mean they couldn't adapt to a hardcore environment. It really doesn't take much skill to pick up a chair and hit somebody with it. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that doing a normal move with a weapon will inflict more damage. HBK has been in and won ladder matches, Hell in a Cell's, Elimination chambers, and anything goes matches. La Parka would win zero percent of the time against HBK. Shawn Michaels wins fairly easily.

While La Parka would not win here, you are have fallen victim to WWE propaganda when it comes to Shawn Michaels gimmick match credentials. What Shawn actually does, is have good matches where he loses.

His wins in ladder matches are against someone who had previously beaten himin a ladder match, and Goldust. His win in the Hell in a Cell was entirely the work of Kane.

While I'm inclined to agree that people are using the concept of ECW to send Spike Dudley over Hulk Hogan is ******ed, when it is someone who could beat Michaels within the realms of possibility, his vulnerability in this arena has to be noted. Last year at One Night Stand, essentially Arena ECW, Michaels was obliterated, and I mean 3 finishers for the sake of it obliterated by Batista.

Does that mean La Parka has a chance here? No. Does it mean that Jerry Lynn does in the next round? Maybe. But Michaels is definitely in danger of going home before his seeding thinks he should.

That being said, thanks for coming La Parka, Michaels wins.

While La Parka would not win here, you are have fallen victim to WWE propaganda when it comes to Shawn Michaels gimmick match credentials. What Shawn actually does, is have good matches where he loses.

His wins in ladder matches are against someone who had previously beaten himin a ladder match, and Goldust. His win in the Hell in a Cell was entirely the work of Kane.

While I'm inclined to agree that people are using the concept of ECW to send Spike Dudley over Hulk Hogan is ******ed, when it is someone who could beat Michaels within the realms of possibility, his vulnerability in this arena has to be noted. Last year at One Night Stand, essentially Arena ECW, Michaels was obliterated, and I mean 3 finishers for the sake of it obliterated by Batista.

Does that mean La Parka has a chance here? No. Does it mean that Jerry Lynn does in the next round? Maybe. But Michaels is definitely in danger of going home before his seeding thinks he should.

That being said, thanks for coming La Parka, Michaels wins.

I agree with everything you just said. I'm not about to put Spike over Hogan, but a match-up like La Parka and Michaels would at least be fun to watch.

The part that I put in bold is something I'm hoping to be able to pull off. While ECW doesn't completely turn the match upside-down, it does change what wrestlers can do, and gives different wrestlers a chance.

What Shawn actually does, is have good matches where he loses.

And when he loses he does so against guys like Triple H, Batista, and Chris Jericho. Guys who are all far superior to all of your ECW "greats" like Jerry Lynn.

This is great for La Parka, like a wise man once said (Bret Hart), La Parka deserves this shot.

The Hardcore Luchador, the man so famous, Mexico would riot if he lost against Michaels at the ECW Arena.

Michaels is great, at getting his ass handed to him. However, the second you leave yourself open, you risk being hit by the Sweet Chin Music. But that wont matter, when La Parka handcuffs Michaels to the ropes, now will it? Anything goes in a hardcore environment.

But I'll probably pick Michaels.

Shawn is the best wrestler in the world, and that isn't just at generic singles WWE matches, and if you ignore all the facts you're doing a huge dis-service to one of the greatest. Shawn has been in and won matches such as unsactioned street fights (he beat Triple H in a great match in 2002), ladder matches (His match with Razor Ramon is widely acknowledged as the best of all time), Hell in a cells (He beat the Undertaker) and Elimination Chambers( Won the first ever one) - he is an expert at working new situations and turning them to his advantage.

This environment is nothing Shawn hasn't faced before, and if you've watched wrestling for longer than a year you'll know that. His Unsactioned Street Fight with Triple H was a great match, and take into consideration he'd been out retired for 4 years previous. For him to come back and put on that match is nothing short of amazing.

Shawn is the best wrestler in the world

I'm not Becca-hating, but we get it. You love Shawn. That does not make him the best in the world. I'm not sure he's the best in the WWE, or ever has been for any given year.

I like him, and know he's great, but the greatest in the world is a big title to live up to.

ladder matches (His match with Razor Ramon is widely acknowledged as the best of all time)

:blink:

You're kidding, right? I was there. It was good, but it wasn't great. It set the stage, but that doesn't make it the best.

It wasn't even his best. Give me the ladder match against Jericho.

I'm not Becca-hating, but we get it. You love Shawn. That does not make him the best in the world. I'm not sure he's the best in the WWE, or ever has been for any given year.

I like him, and know he's great, but the greatest in the world is a big title to live up to.

My love for him doesn't make him the best. My love is because he is the best :)

:blink:

You're kidding, right? I was there. It was good, but it wasn't great. It set the stage, but that doesn't make it the best.

It wasn't even his best. Give me the ladder match against Jericho.

Arguable - it's down to a matter of opinion. But regardless, the topic at hand is Shawn being able to work in an ECW environment - his list of good ladder matches show he can work with ladders, his street fights show he can work with all types of materials, and come out victorious.

My love for him doesn't make him the best. My love is because he is the best :)

You're lucky you've made known that you loved him before you were old enough to find him hot. Wow, that sounds weird. Are you old enough now?

Anyway, you have a right to your opinion, no matter how biased it may be.

Arguable - it's down to a matter of opinion. But regardless, the topic at hand is Shawn being able to work in an ECW environment - his list of good ladder matches show he can work with ladders, his street fights show he can work with all types of materials, and come out victorious.

Exactly. In my opinion, he'd beat La Parka, and have a hell of a match with Lynn. Since Lynn is the guy that I'm backing for his time in the tournament, I'd be wrong to vote against him, in a match he has a legit shot in. But, that's next round.

We've already discussed/argued, at length, our feelings on HBK in ECW, so there's no need to rehash it. Yes, he can hang in this type of match, but I think the environment works against him, and it gives other guys a bigger advantage then it gives him. It's a big equalizer.

You're lucky you've made known that you loved him before you were old enough to find him hot. Wow, that sounds weird. Are you old enough now?

I have no idea what you just said.

Anyway, you have a right to your opinion, no matter how biased it may be.

I've never understood this. If I vote for someone because I think they're good enough to win, why is that being biased? I think Shawn could easily win the ECW region, he's talented enough and can work a hardcore environment - and history proves me right on that fact. Why am I being biased?

HBK will win this match but it's not going to be as easy because Parka was hardcore as they come. Most likely he will make HBK bleed during the match but Shawn's reslience will get him through to the next round but barely.

This is about as simple as it gets. Before La Parka can even get to a chair he gets kicked in teh face and pinned. Shawn would be smart enough to not even let the weapons come into play as he knows he can out wrestle him. This might last 3 minutes.

La Parka's a vicious dude, but I think HBK has more than proven the fact that he can cut it in a hardcore environment from the unsanctioned matches, Hell in a Cell, Elimination Chamber he has had. HBK will take it, but if La Parka gets a bit of advantage, he can do a bit of damage to the Heartbreak Kid before the SCM hits and that's it.

I Don't even know who this "La Parker" Is.... HBK Will win this, As Polley said, He has shown himself prefectly able to Prove him self in extreme rules matches. And does so Perfectly. He gives it his best in every match, and isn't afraid to lose in them.

HBK Wins.

11.jpg

What's that? Oh yes, a chair. La Parka often came to the ring with one. I predict he uses it straight off the bat. Victory for La Parka. Everybody knows HBK doesn't start to use weapons straight away. He builds towards them. Shame that he's already been laid out by then.

I really wanted to vote for HBK as well. Shame.

Pretty easy walk in the park here. La Parka wasn't even a good cruiserweight in WCW. When you're the jobber of the division when there maybe ten guys in said division, that's pretty bad. The Chairman was just a terrible gimmick added to the end of the Pinata on a Pole Era of cruiserweight wrestling under Vince Russo. Michaels wins easily.

La Parka was awesome back in the day and is a legend down in Mexico, even if he hasn't done much at all championships wise. But, essentially he ran into a brick wall round 1 going against HBK. La Parka was one of my favorite cruiserweights in WCW, but I have to go with HBK here.

The way I see it, La Parka would be winning the match, doing his dance on the chair, HBK kips up and delivers a high angle Sweet Chin Music for the win and on to round 2.

La Parka is going to get in the ring, do a little dance with his chair while HBK watches on. Then La Parka will think he has the advantage and run to nail HBK with the chair, but HBK sees it coming and kicks that chair right back into La Parka's face, a little sweet chin music. See ya, HBK with the win.

Now i am a La Parka fan, i thought his gimmick was hilarious but this is Shawn freakin Michaels. HBK in my opinion is better at every aspect here except maybe using a chair but Shawn will have no problem in this one. I expect a really quick match. Bell rings, La Parka swings his chair and misses, Superkick, match over.

Shawn Michaels all the way here. He's actually very likely to win this whole ECW Region. HBK has been in basically every match possible. He was be claimed and known to revolutionized the ladder match, one that is still famous to this very day. He was in the first ever Hell in a Cell match with the Undertaker, and the guy is simply too strong for La Parka. I don't care if he's the "Chairman of WCW". He will probably use a few trash cans, steel chairs, ladders right before giving him a small dose of Sweet Chin Music for a victory in no more than 6 minutes.

I love La Parka, and this is the one place in which he would have a chance of beating Shawn Michaels, but, I just can't vote for him. Shawn Michaels has been way too important to the American professional wrestling industry. Also, although La Parka is probably stronger than Shawn Michaels, I think Michaels is a hell of a lot faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back