ECW Region, Mel Subregion, Round 1: (4) Ric Flair vs. (29) Giant Haystacks

Who Wins This Match?

• Ric Flair

• Giant Haystacks

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the ECW Region, Melbourne Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under ECW Rules. It will be held at Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne, Australia.

300px-Rod_laver_arena_by_night.jpg

flair4.jpg

#4. Ric Flair

Vs.

200px-Martin_Ruane.jpg

#29. Giant Haystacks

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Ok, what, the fuck!

What does Flair do with Haystacks. I know Flair is capable of getting good matches out of them all, but this is too much. I see how this can end with Flair clocking Haystacks with a foreign object for a pin or a countout.

No comment is needed, but I guess I could get a good post count out of it.

Ric Flair will defeat that guy because he is a Wrestling god! WOOOOOOOOOOO!

Most World Championship Wins. Most WWE Hall Of Fame Inductions. One of, if not the greatest pure wrestler/sports entertainer of all time.

Lets just call this a warm up match.

When Flair was NWA Champion, he wrestled everyone who was anyone. He wrestled many guys who were significantly less of a draw than him and made them look great in the process. He can do the same to Haysracks. Haystacks is a big motherfucker but even he doesn't possess the endurance to go 45 minutes with the wrestling god Ric Flair. Flair wins this because Haystacks gets winded after five minutes of throwing Ric around. Ric locks in the Figure Four and Haystacks is unable to get his shoulder off the ground.

Ric moves on.

WHO THE HELL MADE THIS MATCH?!
Ric should've just been given a bye week or something.
Flair destroys GH, moves on.
In less than 18 seconds.

This is almost stupid enough to make me vote for Haystacks. I won't, but wow, that takes the cake as the dumbest comment I've read thus far. Flair doesn't destroy anyone, never has.

Being in ECW helps Flair... along with him being one of the five or so greatest wrestlers to ever lace up a pair of boots. I won't tell you Flair would straight up beat a man of Haystack's size, because he wouldn't. However, whether it be through interference or some other form of cheating, Flair would win. He'd find a way, and I think we all know that.

Could you imagine Flair in an ECW ring? He would be covered in a crimson mask every night.

Haystacks would have no chance against the dirtiest player in the game. Flair would beat down Haystacks' leg with a tire iron and then put him in the figure four, "WOOO!"ing the whole way.

Flair, submission, 9 minutes (with 4 minutes of showing off)

People are severely underestimating Giant Haystacks here. The guy took legends like Big Daddy & Big Show to the limit before and if this was a normal one-on-one match then Haystacks could very possibly beat Flair. That being said, Flair would win this thing.

The match could go about 8 minutes with Haystacks murdering Flair with all differant kinds of weapons but failing to put him down each and every time. With the match being an extreme rules match, Flair would only need one small but effective weapon & beat the holy hell out of Haystacks leg with it. One quick Figure four later, Flair wins.

WHO THE HELL MADE THIS MATCH?!
Ric should've just been given a bye week or something.
Flair destroys GH, moves on.
In less than 18 seconds.

Jesus. You clearly don't know who Giant Haystacks is. Or who Ric Flair is, for that matter. Haystacks was a fucking monster. 6' 11'' and 685 lbs. This would have been worked as a struggle for Flair, until he managed to cheat his way to victory. Like Nick said, Flair didn't destroy anyone.

Flair goes through, but it's not ridiculously wide. Haystacks was a top name in Britain, and could have been in the US if it wasn't for cancer forcing him to leave WCW in 1996. But Flair is one of the most successful wrestlers of all-time. It's stupid to argue against him here.

Giant Haystacks was an absolute monster of a man who would have made Andre look small. Guys like Big Show and Kane regularly no sold shots by weapons from guys Flair's size all the time; and GH outweighs Show at his heaviest by nearly 150 pounds.

Flair can wail away with a chair or pipe all he wants to; it probably won't do anything unless he were to get Haystacks off his feet.

Despite this, I am leaning towards Flair on this one but barely. I can see Flair baiting Haystacks to take himself out, but if the man leaves the ring under any circumstance expect for under his own power Flair's not going to be able to get him back into the ring unless there's a forklift handy.

I can see Flair winning at the 10 minute mark after Haystacks misses a big splash, and he locks on the Figure Four with a chair wrapped around the knee.

I don't know why Flair is a number three seed. He deserves higher. I don't care how big Haystacks is, the Nature Boy is not going out in the first round. The dirtiest player in the game is going to outlast the big man here. I've seen clips where Haystacks gets knocked out of the ring after a few shots and gets counted out. No way he gets by someone with the endurance of Flair.

This is almost stupid enough to make me vote for Haystacks. I won't, but wow, that takes the cake as the dumbest comment I've read thus far. Flair doesn't destroy anyone, never has.

Being in ECW helps Flair... along with him being one of the five or so greatest wrestlers to ever lace up a pair of boots. I won't tell you Flair would straight up beat a man of Haystack's size, because he wouldn't. However, whether it be through interference or some other form of cheating, Flair would win. He'd find a way, and I think we all know that.

Took the words out of my mouth. Who thought Flair would flog this giant? What technique for flair posess to beat him in 18 seconds.

Flair is a name far and away from Haystacks BUT I think anyone with a brainstem could see that it would take some time, and some tricks from the dirtiest player in the game.

Flair wins, foreign object or given the right era, 4 horsemen interfere.

People are severely underestimating Giant Haystacks here. The guy took legends like Big Daddy & Big Show to the limit before and if this was a normal one-on-one match then Haystacks could very possibly beat Flair. That being said, Flair would win this thing.

The match could go about 8 minutes with Haystacks murdering Flair with all differant kinds of weapons but failing to put him down each and every time. With the match being an extreme rules match, Flair would only need one small but effective weapon & beat the holy hell out of Haystacks leg with it. One quick Figure four later, Flair wins.

I'm sorry what?

He took Big Show to the limit?

When?

He and Show wrestled possibly once in WCW as Loch Ness, and there was nothing there that looked like being pushed to the limit. After you get over the awe of two behemoths colliding it was a hopeless match and Show won pretty convincingly. I fail to see that pushed to the limit argument.

As little as I know of Haystacks, he was always clumped in battle royals or tag matches for obvious reasons. I know Flair will win this, but I dunno know how. I'm inclining towards a countout as the big man is too dazed to get in the ring after he is smacked in the head with something.

I think some of you are forgetting why Flair would win this battle; his endurance. Commentators used to mention that fact that Flair's opponents would often train themselves before their match with Flair so they could last longer inside the ring. I'm sorry to some of the Haystacks supporters, but he in no way shape of form could hang with Flair past the ten minute mark. Alot of Flair's matches revolved around him getting thrown around making his opponent look really good in the process but he could always outlast them no matter who they were. Flair would probably make Haystacks look like gold but Flair would undoubtedly last longer here. Long enough to lock in the figure four for a pin or submission.

I think some of you are forgetting why Flair would win this battle; his endurance. Commentators used to mention that fact that Flair's opponents would often train themselves before their match with Flair so they could last longer inside the ring. I'm sorry to some of the Haystacks supporters, but he in no way shape of form could hang with Flair past the ten minute mark. Alot of Flair's matches revolved around him getting thrown around making his opponent look really good in the process but he could always outlast them no matter who they were. Flair would probably make Haystacks look like gold but Flair would undoubtedly last longer here. Long enough to lock in the figure four for a pin or submission.

I really REALLY don't see any argument of Haystacks being gassed out, as I don't think this will be a long enough match. Your argument will apply to someone like a Batista or any other jacked up guy. But against Superheavyweights, they hit you with one splash and its done. Why? Because a splash is all they have. So whenever they hit that, the opponent has to stay down, otherwise there is absolutely no suspension regardless of the big man's girth.

Somehow I don't see Flair slapping on the Figure 4 as Haystacks powers out of it with ease every time. Foreign object, even if this was any other region. Possibly a low blow for good measure as well.

I really REALLY don't see any argument of Haystacks being gassed out, as I don't think this will be a long enough match. Your argument will apply to someone like a Batista or any other jacked up guy. But against Superheavyweights, they hit you with one splash and its done. Why? Because a splash is all they have. So whenever they hit that, the opponent has to stay down, otherwise there is absolutely no suspension regardless of the big man's girth.

Somehow I don't see Flair slapping on the Figure 4 as Haystacks powers out of it with ease every time. Foreign object, even if this was any other region. Possibly a low blow for good measure as well.

My argument was that Flair would use his intelligence to trick Haystacks into injuring himself, either by avoiding the big splash, or an avalance in the corner. Or he could simply lower the bottom rope when the behemoth charges.

The only problem with that is if Haystacks throws himself over the top, he ain't coming back anytime soon. And Extreme Rules means no count outs, but Flair can't pin him on the outside either.

My argument was that Flair would use his intelligence to trick Haystacks into injuring himself, either by avoiding the big splash, or an avalance in the corner. Or he could simply lower the bottom rope when the behemoth charges.

The only problem with that is if Haystacks throws himself over the top, he ain't coming back anytime soon. And Extreme Rules means no count outs, but Flair can't pin him on the outside either.

Yes. I apologize for saying countout, I forgot this was ECW. But you may have given me the end now. Haystacks goes for splash, misses, clutches his stomach or ribs. And as he lays there in pain, Flair pins him. Best result simulation?

Yes. I apologize for saying countout, I forgot this was ECW. But you may have given me the end now. Haystacks goes for splash, misses, clutches his stomach or ribs. And as he lays there in pain, Flair pins him. Best result simulation?

Pretty much this. If this were Haystacks Calhoun instead, I could make an argument for him to go over Flair, but I can't do much with Giant Haystacks.

And about Flair's endurance... it's a non factor. It would take everything just for him to survive this match. Haystacks is going to be controlling most of the match; the only time Flair going to be on the offense is to capitualize on the big man's mistakes.

Flair is one of the greatest cheats in Professional Wrestling. This ECW region can hurt or help the Wrestling god, but luckily for Flair, he is facing Giant Haystacks. The man was never booked to be too bright. One can make the point that Haystacks can go at Flair with a chair, or a table, or a burning 2x4. But Flair will go through it all and find the perfect moment to slip up Haystacks and lock the big man in a figure four.

Ric Flair wins this match in the 20 minute mark. 10 of those minutes are spent with Flair locking Haystacks in the Figure Four.

I feel like a lot of people are going to vote for Flair here simply because Flair is Flair. He's a legend of wrestling, and rightfully so, but he isn't exactly famous for being able to match up evenly against guys like Giant Haystacks.

Unfortunately for Haystacks, what Flair is famous for is finding an unconventional way to win, or at least get what he wants. Flair has the quickness and endurance to avoid Giant Haystacks, who unlike Andre or Vader, was not a nimble or quick man by any means. Combine that with ECW rules allowing Flair to do just about anything he wants, and this can easily push Flair to the next round.

Flair doesn't win because he's Ric Flair. Flair wins because he can cheat his way to a victory against an opponent that do much against him.

Yes, I am aware that Flair wouldn't destroy him.
What I referred to was how over these men were in comparison.
Flair was SOOOOOOOO and is SOOOOOO much more over than GH. Most people don't even know who the hell GH is.
Sure, GH's size would be a huge downfall for Ric, but he's the Nature Boy.
Regardless, Flair WILL win, be it squash (though unlikely) or otherwise.

Look, Haystacks' death made the front page of newspapers here, and if this were happening in London, there'd be no doubt that I'd vote Haystacks. He was incredibly popular as a heel here, and didn't fare too badly when he went to the US far past his prime. Similarly, if he was facing some journeyman or something, I would expect him to win also, because he has been more popular than 99% of the wrestlers in history.

However, Flair is maybe the last World Champion that was exactly that - defending his title across the globe, and I don't see how he wouldn't find a way to win here. So Haystacks deserves more of your time than you've given him, but not the win.

Ric Flair was so good because he could find a way, any way, of beating anyone regardless of whether they were bigger, stronger, faster or quicker than he was.

Flair would certainly come out on top against Haystacks, probably through using some sort of weapon (this is ECW rules after all) and if you knock a man that big off his feet with a chair...he ain't getting back up. Too heavy and fat to even lift his shoulder.

Winner: Ric Flair

I think that Flair would beat Haystacks for the exact same reason that I argued that AJ would beat Daddy - neither of the Brits would have the endurance to beat the Americans.

As an aside, it does disappoint me that this argument is being accepted here when it was discounted in the AJ vs. Daddy bout because Giant Haystacks was as big a name as Big Daddy meaning the legacy arguments are just as relevant for him against Naitch. He was also the heel equivalent to Big Daddy meaning that the only person that was allowed to look strong against him was Daddy and someone researched that the two behemoths were 2/2 in one on one encounters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back