• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ECW Long- or Short-term?

Status
Not open for further replies.

5thHorseman

Getting Noticed By Management
Another ECW PPV Scheduled, ECW's Return To NYC, More
06/12/2006 by Ryan Clark

Partial Source: PWInsider.com

WWE has another ECW PPV scheduled for 12/3.

The rumor last night at the PPV was that ECW would be returning to the Hammerstein Ballroom on Tuesday 8/1 for a SCI-FI taping....

Today (6-12-06) Wrestlezone posted this headline in regards to a PPV show on 12/3, however the Sci-Fi deal is inked for 12 weeks only. It appears WWE plans on ECW lasting past the 12-week period, scheduling another PPV, what is your take on this? I see the ECW lasting a long period in time if the fans support it enough(hopefully), but there are alot of people speculating that ECW won't even make it through the 12-weeks and get cancelled. I'm interested in everyone's take on this (ECW supporters and ECW haters both welcome)
:icon_exclaim: :icon_exclaim: :icon_exclaim:

Where did you read they only have a 12 week deal? That seems rather short.

I wonder how long it will take to get the ball rolling to pull in ratings. Sure the hardcore fans are going to tune in but i wonder how much more ratings will increase with the proper storyline and character development.

These things do take time and i guess that is why i am a bit surprised as to the short term 12 week deal. realistically that is only 3 months.

I guess its crunch time for ol paulie and the boys!

I know it's a short time, i can't give an exact source, but alot of IWC sites have it posted somewhere in the headlines section when they first post the deal, I haven't heard any changes yet only rumors of it moving to USA when the contract is up. I found this at ECWWrestlingNews.com

Backstage Details On ECW's TV Deal With SCI-FI
Added on 06/07/06 at 3:53 PM
WWE's current deal with the Sci-Fi Network for ECW is 12 weeks, with the last show currently slated for 8/22. The hope is that the show will do well (1.0 rating or above) so that WWE can show the USA network that they can draw a rating from it and hopefully move it over to that network.

Sci-Fi Network averaged a 0.75 rating in prime time last week, placing it in 19th place among cable networks, reports the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

i hope it is short term i think ecw is stupid and how do they make money when they wrestle in such a small environment?

5thHorseman said:
Today (6-12-06) Wrestlezone posted this headline in regards to a PPV show on 12/3, however the Sci-Fi deal is inked for 12 weeks only. It appears WWE plans on ECW lasting past the 12-week period, scheduling another PPV, what is your take on this? I see the ECW lasting a long period in time if the fans support it enough(hopefully), but there are alot of people speculating that ECW won't even make it through the 12-weeks and get cancelled. I'm interested in everyone's take on this (ECW supporters and ECW haters both welcome)
:icon_exclaim: :icon_exclaim: :icon_exclaim:
the world as a whole needs to be hooked on wrestlin look at tna b4 spike it was hardly even heard of (unless you ordered the weekly pay per views) now look at it ecw has already had a following just never enough money to do anything national with it, now they got the money and the following is just as strong as ever ECW will be around for awhile in my books and it makes me happy.......real happy ECW....ECW....ECW

You hope its short term?!? You are a fucking moron. The WWE will survive and make money because of the huge merchandise push put together by the WWE, the DVD sales, the PPV sales, not to mention they will be appearing on cable and will have a bigger audience since they will be on after Smackdown for there TV tapings. The house show will be small, which all shows should be small but as long as ECW succeeds I should give a shit less.

You WWE marks are fucking morons, I cannot stress that enough. I'm sorry to be so blunt but anyone that does not want to see this succeed is not a true wrestling fan and is a complete and utter moron. The more federations making an impact in the ratings is going to lead to a better product from all parties involved. If ECW succeeds and reaches a higher level, it means that the WWE's product will only get better. If ECW succeeds then TNA's product will only get better or die. Even though I am not a TNA by any means, if they succeed then the WWE and ECW's products will have to get better.

Anyone who says they want this ECW idea to die-out quickly is not a true wrestling fan and simply a fucking WWE mark who wouldn't know there ass from a hole in the ground.

Bigt5687 said:
i hope it is short term i think ecw is stupid and how do they make money when they wrestle in such a small environment?

OMGLOL U R SO FUNNI

Thanks for displaying your ignorence on the subject! Perhaps you would be better suited around others that display such an award winning mentality.

>>>Click here!!!1<<<

You are absolutely right. A person's preference in wrestling shows is directly correlated to his or her intelligence.... I agree with your main point, that being that competition helps to make the product better, but you should probably consider not being an ass about it. More people might actually listen to you that way.

virginpusher said:
OMGLOL U R SO FUNNI

Thanks for displaying your ignorence on the subject! Perhaps you would be better suited around others that display such an award winning mentality.

>>>Click here!!!1<<<

that is true, but Bigt5687 as ignorant as he is still has his own opinion. All I ask out of you (Bigt5687) is watch the show on a weekly basis, until in its "short-term" collapses. You'll be surprised at the outcome, you might like it, plus if you watch it until its off-air, I think you'll be watching it for a long time if not until WWE collapses in maybe say 20 years or so.

I hope it's long term. Heyman's great at what he does, and hopefully he'll serve as competition to motivate the creative team of Raw and Smackdown to improve a bit. It kills me to see what they did to Kash and Noble..

ECW had a great legacy this we know.

but can WWE money tarnish it (i'm not saying yes i'm just posing a question)

i cant tell.
Paul e is strong willed and willing to fight for what he and his wrestlers believe the product should be
this is good.

but would mcmahon pull the plug if it gets too sucessful, we know his ego can get in the way (think how quickly and dismissivly the original invasion was seen off).

i hope it succeeds and improves competition as i am a all-round wrestling fan and just want it to get better and better

BP (immoralminority)

immoralminority said:
ECW had a great legacy this we know.

but can WWE money tarnish it (i'm not saying yes i'm just posing a question)

i cant tell.
Paul e is strong willed and willing to fight for what he and his wrestlers believe the product should be
this is good.

but would mcmahon pull the plug if it gets too sucessful, we know his ego can get in the way (think how quickly and dismissivly the original invasion was seen off).

i hope it succeeds and improves competition as i am a all-round wrestling fan and just want it to get better and better

BP (immoralminority)

I can't see Mcmahon pulling the plug on ECW if it gets too successful, even with his ego, he'd be making money. If it were to get more successful than Raw he'd be making a shitload of money as I don't see raw losing its audience, but i can see him pulling the plug then on Smackdown easily.
I would hope as well ECW is extremely successful for competition against Raw. Maybe then Mcmahon would bust the WWE creative teams balls a little more for a better product then we've already starting seeing. I think Mcmahon would love nothing more than to have his own 2 promotions go at it

New here. I was a huge wrestling fan, huge ECW fan. When ECW went under, I lost interest. WWE started to bore me. I got the big PPV's, Royal rumble and wrestlemania, but didn't follow it.

I started watching wrestling again last week. Got ONS last night, and it felt like ECW! Alot of it had to do with the crowd. I am extremely excited about this, especially after hearing that Paul E is pretty much running the show (although all final decisions come from vince) but it sounds like ECW will be back in his vision, just with the money behind it.

I hope this does well, and ECW stays for good. Oh, and thankfully this happened or RVD would have never gotten the world title.

im wondering how the hell are they goiing to wrestle like that on a full schedule they wont be able to keep up the pace if its hardcore

5thHorseman said:
I can't see Mcmahon pulling the plug on ECW if it gets too successful, even with his ego, he'd be making money. If it were to get more successful than Raw he'd be making a shitload of money as I don't see raw losing its audience, but i can see him pulling the plug then on Smackdown easily.
I would hope as well ECW is extremely successful for competition against Raw. Maybe then Mcmahon would bust the WWE creative teams balls a little more for a better product then we've already starting seeing. I think Mcmahon would love nothing more than to have his own 2 promotions go at it

what about the whole getting RAW and SMACKDOWN! back together thing?

and yes money does keep a mcmahon happy

BP (immoralminority)

I would like to see three seperate rosters for the time being, to see how smackdown will adjust. If Smackdown keeps on performing poorly, Then I believe the two should be merged into one.

I'm still not sure on how long its gonna last. i think its gonna get pretty good ratings, but im not so sure about the future of ecw yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back