ECW: Irish Pub Brawl: Steve Austin vs. Booker T

ECW Irish Pub Brawl - Steve Austin vs Booker T

• The Hollywood Blonde

• The Harlem Heater

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following match takes place in the ECW Region, from the ECW Arena in Philadelphia, PA.

Irish Pub Brawl.

An IrishCanadian exclusive, as he goes about reinforcing negative Irish stereotypes some more, where is that winky icon?

Irish Pub Brawl

This match is a last man standing match that takes place in the setting of an Irish Bar - not actually AT the bar, but the ring area is made out to be an Irish Bar. Instead of an announcers tables, the Gaelic Announce Team (Polley and I) are doing commentary from an oak bar, which of course, the participants can throw each other through. Empty bottles of Jameson line the floor. Wooden chairs may be used as weapons - no steel in this match.

The idea is simple - beat your opponent to being unable to answer the 10 count, then drink a pint of Guinness to the victory.

102.jpg

Stone Cold Steve Austin
e760c0bb40d2c3411274e0075a94d906.jpg

vs.

Booker T.

Booker_T_280x390_759116a.jpg

I love Booker T and I'm not particularly a fan of Austin (for stupid reasons, I must admit), but Austin should and would win this match.

Austin is by far the more decorated wrestler, as he is definitely right now in the top three greatest wrestlers in WWE history, and kayfabe wise... there's no way he would ever lose this match. For one, the stipulation obviously goes in his favor considering his character is such a hard ass, beer drinking redneck, and even though Pubs are for Irish/English people, I'm sure a redneck wouldn't have any trouble adjusting to the environment, where as someone like Booker... umm, no, just no. Booker would get his ass kicked, plain and simple. In fact, I can't think of any kind of match where Booker would be able to defeat Austin in ECW.

So yeah, I like Booker a lot more, but Austin wins this and justifiably so.

The words Pub, Brawl and Drink all in one match featuring Steve Austin automatically makes him the favorite to win the match. I love Booker T, and think he's better as far as athletically sound goes, but this suits the Rattlesnake. In fact, I think they had a confrontation once that sounds very similar to this...

[youtube]4ZxqhCumGJs[/youtube]

Booker might put up a fight, but in the end, this is Austin's to lose

Wow, I doubt this one will even be close. Booker is a very good wrestler in his own right, but there is no way he wins. It's almost like this match was created just for Austin. It is a bar fight, topped off by massive amounts of drinking. It is between this and Hogan's match for biggest squash of the round

A pub is different to a bar. I'd actually go so far as to say that none of the American posters have actually been to a pub. Sure they might have been to an American version of a pub, but that's like me saying that Walkabout is a true representation of what an Australian bar would be like. Yeah, it's exactly the same, but without the gypsy fights in the corner.

Steve Austin didn't used to drink beer. I can't be the only person who's noticed that he doesn't ingest any alcohol. He uses it as mouthwash, nothing more. Even still, as a Coors man, could Austin really handle Guinness?

Irish Pub Brawl:

This match is a last man standing match that takes place in the setting of an Irish Bar - not actually AT the bar, but the ring area is made out to be an Irish Bar. Instead of an announcers tables, the Gaelic Announce Team (Polley and I) are doing commentary from an oak bar, which of course, the participants can throw each other through. Empty bottles of Jameson line the floor. Wooden chairs may be used as weapons - no steel in this match.

The idea is simple - beat your opponent to being unable to answer the 10 count, then drink a pint of Guinness to the victory.

Stereotypical and wrong. You'd think nobody else in the world had wood.

As the rules state that commentary is being done with the help of an oak bar, I'd say the outcome will be as a direct result of it. Now I might be wrong, but I haven't seen Austin do much lifting over the years. He kicks, he punches and he does elbows. Sometimes even through tables. But those elbows can hardly break the standard cardboard tables that wrestling promotions use. So I don't hold out much hope of them working this time.

Maybe I'm reading too much into the Irish Oak Tables® (made out of the same oak as Finlay's shilelagh fact fans). But I think Booker has the strength to put Steve Austin through it. I really do.

It's like Stone Cold was born for this type of match. A Pub Brawl with beer at the end of it? Austin would win solely so he got the drink at the end. Booker T is a good wrestler, but Austin is one of the best the business has ever seen - usually put in the Top 3 spot. This match suits him perfectly, and while Booker T would put up a fight, A stunner on top of the bar should finish him off.

The match has Stone Cold written all over it. With a few minor exceptions, it's basically just a Last Man Standing match. Austin is a brawler, always was while he was in the WWE. Booker is someone that's out of his element in hardcore style matches. He's a good overall worker, probably better than Austin when you get right down to it, but Booker hasn't shown anywhere near the degree of physical toughness Austin has. Booker will probably do pretty well for himself, all things considered, but Austin takes this in the end. No surprises here.

I'm not saying for a second I'll actually vote for Booker T. But I think people aren't really looking at the enviroment. This isn't just a Last Man Standing match, no, no, no. This is an Irish Pub Brawl. It seems that only myself and the Irish Canadian know that this means. It means that in all likelyhood there will be a working antique musket behind the oak bar being used as an announce table. I think Booker T, as a man who's spent time in jail for armed robbery, would take advantage of this. Unless, of course, it's not an authentic Irish bar.

''Stone Cold, You barred, Sucka!!!!!!''

I like Booker T a lot more than Austin, he may be at a disadvantage in some aspects here, but can still win. First of all, the drink at the end is just icing on the cake. It gives no one an advantage, so don't automatically give it to Austin because beer is involved.

Secondly, if this is in a pub Booker has more room to move around than in a normal ring. He is faster than Austin and will be able to duck around tables and chairs and throw a few at Austin. He may even be able to hide in a corner, and jump Austin from behind when he's not expecting it.

If there is a gun involved, it's definetly an advangtage for Booker. Gangsta Booker is crazy enough to legitamatley use it against Austin and would be able to get it first because of his speed. Austin won't put up much of a fight with a bullet in his leg.

For those of you saying that Booker wouldn't due more than "put up a fight", you're wrong. Booker has won his fair share of world championships, so he knows how to do more than put up a fight, he can close the deal. Just because there are weapons, that doesn't mean Austin is at an advantage either. Booker has been in his fair share of hardcore matches and would be able to match Austin in this regard.

While Austin was more of a lone wolf during his time in the WWE, aside from his partnership with Vince, Booker has made many friends. I'm sure he would have members from both the nWo and the Main Event Mafia placed around the pub disguised as innocent bystanders who would give Stone Cold a couple of shots with their beer bottles.

In my opinion, Booker T wins this match.

My vote is for Austin. This match is built for Austin, and I don't see any way that Booker could succeed. I don't think he'd even be able to keep it close. I'm guessing he steps in the ring with a chalice full of red wine, Austin kicks him, stuns him, and then beats the living crap out of him for a good 20 minutes. I'd even say that Austin will be downing pints of Guinness during the match, and will probably be drinking a few as the ref counts to 10.

Thanks for trying out, Book. Better luck next year. Steve Austin was born for this match. ECW ring. Check. Bar brawl. Check. Pouring beer all over yourself while only actually drinking a few drops of it. Check. Honestly, Booker T just doesn't stand a chance. Steve Austin was a great technical wrestler, but he was an even better brawler. Stone Cold fights his way to the next round.

Personally, I couldn't even beat Ghandi in this fight, Guinness is too vile for me. Anyway, Austin is a better brawler and he also has a history of drinking alcoholic drinks at the end of his matches. That says all that needs to be said really, in my opinion. Austin wins the biggest foregone conclusion in Round 4.

I like Booker T a lot more than Austin, he may be at a disadvantage in some aspects here, but can still win. First of all, the drink at the end is just icing on the cake. It gives no one an advantage, so don't automatically give it to Austin because beer is involved.

...But Austin loves beer. More then his wife. Or his job. And that's not even kayfabe, that's real life. If there's some kind of alcohol reward, Austin will definately be pulling out all the stops.

Secondly, if this is in a pub Booker has more room to move around than in a normal ring. He is faster than Austin and will be able to duck around tables and chairs and throw a few at Austin. He may even be able to hide in a corner, and jump Austin from behind when he's not expecting it.

...That's pretty ridiculious. Did Austin become Yokozuna all of a sudden? It's not like Austin is slow. In his prime he was twice as fast as Booker T ever was in fact. Further more, if it's in a bar, that would mean smaller space and pretty much neccessitate that they brawl. Austin's brawling ability makes Booker T look like David Arquette.

If there is a gun involved, it's definetly an advangtage for Booker. Gangsta Booker is crazy enough to legitamatley use it against Austin and would be able to get it first because of his speed. Austin won't put up much of a fight with a bullet in his leg.

...A gun?! Did I miss something? When did guns become involved in this? Where the hell are you getting that from?

I mean are you really serious? I'm pretty sure firearms of any kind are banned from any match type imaginable. Or hows this: Booker T shoots Austin in the leg (not sure why he'd have a gun, or why he'd use it...or why you're even saying this shit) and then is immediately arrested. He loses by forfeit.

Seriously...a GUN?

For those of you saying that Booker wouldn't due more than "put up a fight", you're wrong. Booker has won his fair share of world championships, so he knows how to do more than put up a fight, he can close the deal. Just because there are weapons, that doesn't mean Austin is at an advantage either. Booker has been in his fair share of hardcore matches and would be able to match Austin in this regard.

Saying Booker would be able to match Austin in hardcore matches is also completely false. Austin lived off of no disqualification world title matches during the Attitude era, and won virtually every time. Austin's brawling ability here just completely overwhelms Booker.

While Austin was more of a lone wolf during his time in the WWE, aside from his partnership with Vince, Booker has made many friends. I'm sure he would have members from both the nWo and the Main Event Mafia placed around the pub disguised as innocent bystanders who would give Stone Cold a couple of shots with their beer bottles.

In my opinion, Booker T wins this match.

Well you sure as hell need to back up your opinion with more logic then you have thus far. I'm still reeling from where the hell you got this gun idea from.

Austin wipes the floor with Booker T in about 10 minutes. Easy victory.

In fact, I think they had a confrontation once that sounds very similar to this...

[youtube]4ZxqhCumGJs[/youtube]

That immediately came to mind when I saw who was participating in this match. Booker T is very talented, but this is probably where Stone Cold is best suited. He was a bad ass who prided himself on drinking and pounding people to a bloody pulp. I see Stone Cold and Booker having a good match, until Stone Cold manages to make it to the bar, which is when the dismantlement of Booker T is going to happen. I would expect to see Austin chug a bottle of whiskey, and then smash it over Booker's head, hit him with a stunner, and win.

My vote is on Austin.

This match was made for him. As talented and athletic as Booker T is I think this is the end of the road for him. Austin didn't care who the hell you were, he was going to do whatever he damn pleases. And the same logic will apply here. Austin won't care that Booker T was a 5 time WCW World Heavyweight Champion, a 1 time WWE Heavyweight Champion, and he won't care about his other accomplishments because in Austin's eyes he is just some other guy who he is going to open up a can of whoop as on.

What a boring match. Booker T is awful. I have never once been entertained by him. He's just one of those guys that I cannot stand watching. The thought of this match repulses me. Everything Booker has touched, in my opinion, has turned to shit. Austin is better.

Now, I vote kayfabe. Luckily, Austin (I keep typing autsin, which is a lot like Autzen, the home of the Oregon Ducks. ;)) would win kayfabe. Simply put, this would suck. Vote Austin, 'cause Booker is horrible.

I'd even say that Austin will be downing pints of Guinness during the match, and will probably be drinking a few as the ref counts to 10.

Austin isn't cosmopolitan enough for Guinness.

...A gun?! Did I miss something? When did guns become involved in this? Where the hell are you getting that from?

I mean are you really serious? I'm pretty sure firearms of any kind are banned from any match type imaginable. Or hows this: Booker T shoots Austin in the leg (not sure why he'd have a gun, or why he'd use it...or why you're even saying this shit) and then is immediately arrested. He loses by forfeit.

Seriously...a GUN?

Yeah a gun. This is an Irish Pub Brawl™. What world are you living in where an Irish Pub™ doesn't have a working antique musket under tha bar?

Next you'll say there have never been any guns in wrestling.

back up your opinion with more logic

WTF!!

I'm still reeling from where the hell you got this gun idea from.

I'm disappointed yet not surprised.

...But Austin loves beer. More then his wife. Or his job. And that's not even kayfabe, that's real life. If there's some kind of alcohol reward, Austin will definately be pulling out all the stops.

What's to say he doesn't get drunk and pass our during the match, causing a 10 count and a loss.

...That's pretty ridiculious. Did Austin become Yokozuna all of a sudden? It's not like Austin is slow. In his prime he was twice as fast as Booker T ever was in fact. Further more, if it's in a bar, that would mean smaller space and pretty much neccessitate that they brawl. Austin's brawling ability makes Booker T look like David Arquette

I think in his prime, Booker actually had a slight speed advantage. I know that it's in a pub, but Booker might immeadiately run away from Austin and catch him off guard. A Tom and Jerry like cat/mouse game will ensue, and we all know that the mouse always wins that battle.

Jake told me, and I trust him.

Seriously...a GUN?

I'm pretty sure this match is an anything goes. If we're bringing arrests into this, Austin could get arrested for public intoxication.

Saying Booker would be able to match Austin in hardcore matches is also completely false. Austin lived off of no disqualification world title matches during the Attitude era, and won virtually every time. Austin's brawling ability here just completely overwhelms Booker.

Austin is a better hardcore wrestler, but Booker would be able to hold his own. He's been in plenty of hardcore matches in his career and wouldn't be lost out there.

Well you sure as hell need to back up your opinion with more logic then you have thus far. I'm still reeling from where the hell you got this gun idea from.

Logic is overrated.

Austin wipes the floor with Booker T in about 10 minutes. Easy victory.

This is probably true. Austin would win this match, but I just want to point out for all of the Booker fans that there are somewhat legitimate reasons for voting for him. Personally, I think it should be a little closer than it is.

This is probably true. Austin would win this match, but I just want to point out for all of the Booker fans that there are somewhat legitimate reasons for voting for him. Personally, I think it should be a little closer than it is.

You really haven't given any legitimate reasons. Here are some legitimate reasons:

Booker T is one of the most decorated champions in wrestling history. He is a 5 time WCW champion, 1 time WWE World Champion, 7 time US champion, 1 time IC champion, 6 time WCW TV champion, 11 time WCW tag champion, 3 time WWE tag champion, 2006 King of the Ring, 16th triple crown champion, and the 8th grand slam champion. He was really the only guy who survived the Invasion angle and was able to have a main event career in the WWE. He has beaten the likes of John Cena, Kurt Angle, Randy Orton, Chris Jericho, Chris Benoit, Bill Goldberg, Big Show, Rob Van Dam, and Eddie Guerrero. Also if you want to question his toughness, he kicked Batista's ass in a real fight. If Jushin Liger can beat Shawn Michaels in this tournament, then Booker T could beat Austin. Booker T gets my vote.

I don't see a way Austin can lose this. Well I could but I don't see it happening at all. He is one of if not the greatest brawlers of all time. Booker, while good, got 5 out of his 6 world titles when WCW had simply given up and was just waiting to die. Those reigns were just ahead of Zbyszko's AWA title reign. Ausin absolutely carried his company through the darkest time in their history and pulled them through to win the war. Booker was just kind of there at the end. Austin has 6 world titles, 5 tag titles (all with different partners, meaning he can dominate with anyone), 6 midcard titles (US, TV and IC), he's also won a KOTR and won three Royal Rumbles. It's not like his resume isn't amazing as well. Coupling that with his brawling abilities and I just don't see a way he can lose here, at all.

Steve Austin didn't used to drink beer. I can't be the only person who's noticed that he doesn't ingest any alcohol. He uses it as mouthwash, nothing more. Even still, as a Coors man, could Austin really handle Guinness?

I'm sure they sell domestics at 99.5% of "pubs," so that shouldn't really be an issue.

Stone Cold takes this one in a long bout. Not long because it is a back and forth matchup...long because Stone Cold will be having a lot of fun drinking some beer and making an absolute mockery out of Booker T. "WHAT!?" will be said a minimum of 307 times and approximately 35 Stunners will be excecuted. In the end, Austin will pin Booker on top of the bar while drinking straight from the tap.

In all seriousness, be responsible.

What's to say he doesn't get drunk and pass our during the match, causing a 10 count and a loss.

You must not know many hardcore drunks. Austin would have to down a thirty rack of Bud and a bottle of Jack Daniel's to even begin slurring his speech, let alone pass out. Tolerance baby, tolerance.

I think in his prime, Booker actually had a slight speed advantage. I know that it's in a pub, but Booker might immeadiately run away from Austin and catch him off guard. A Tom and Jerry like cat/mouse game will ensue, and we all know that the mouse always wins that battle.

When Austin was a Hollywood Blonde he had fantastic speed. That was right around his prime. Besides, again, its a small bar. It's not like Austin is mentally handicapped or something, I'm pretty sure he'd be able to keep up with Booker T. What's he going to do, run a circle around Austin and get him from behind? Austin is infact capabale of turning around, so get that crazy talk right on up outta here.

Jake told me, and I trust him.

Would you trust a kingpin of an underground snuff film production company?

I'm pretty sure this match is an anything goes. If we're bringing arrests into this, Austin could get arrested for public intoxication.

...Dude. I know we're just kidding around, but c'mon. That's beyond absurd. Under that logic, why wouldn't every wrestler be arrested in every match for publicly brawling in front of a crowd? Because they have a licence to do these things. Besides, you can't be arrested for public intoxication in a freaking BAR.

How about this: Booker pulls a gun, and then a condor flies through the window, steals the gun while simultaneously sodomizing Booker, giving Austin the coveted victory.

Austin is a better hardcore wrestler, but Booker would be able to hold his own. He's been in plenty of hardcore matches in his career and wouldn't be lost out there.

Yeah he's been in his share, being a major figure in wrestling for well over a decade of course you're going to be booked into a fair share of hardcore matches. But I'm not even talking about hardcore wrestling, I'm talking about brawling. And you can't argue that Austin is a much better brawler then Booker.

Logic is overrated.

Mr. Spock would beg to differ.

When Austin was a Hollywood Blonde he had fantastic speed. That was right around his prime.

I'm going to have to disagree with this point. That was certainly not his prime, Stone Cold Steve Austin was his prime. At that time, I think Booker has him beat in the speed department.

Besides, again, its a small bar. It's not like Austin is mentally handicapped or something, I'm pretty sure he'd be able to keep up with Booker T. What's he going to do, run a circle around Austin and get him from behind? Austin is infact capabale of turning around, so get that crazy talk right on up outta here.

I think that he'd get Austin to chase him, and like I mentioned earlier, I think that Booker will have his nWo and MEM friends placed around the bar giving Austin some cheap shots.

Would you trust a kingpin of an underground snuff film production company?

Umm, yes.

...Dude. I know we're just kidding around, but c'mon. That's beyond absurd. Under that logic, why wouldn't every wrestler be arrested in every match for publicly brawling in front of a crowd? Because they have a licence to do these things. Besides, you can't be arrested for public intoxication in a freaking BAR.

I think the being arrested argument should be involved at all then. I'm not saying that Booker would kill him with the gun, just a bullet in the leg. It wouldn't kill him.

BTW, its a pub, not a bar. There's a big difference, ask jake.

How about this: Booker pulls a gun, and then a condor flies through the window, steals the gun while simultaneously sodomizing Booker, giving Austin the coveted victory.

Are there condors in Ireland?

Yeah he's been in his share, being a major figure in wrestling for well over a decade of course you're going to be booked into a fair share of hardcore matches. But I'm not even talking about hardcore wrestling, I'm talking about brawling. And you can't argue that Austin is a much better brawler then Booker.

Of course, but Booker has become a major figure in wrestling my being successful in several different companies. I can't argue that Booker is a better brawler, but I still think he'd be able to win this match.

Booker T is simply out of his element in these kinds of matches, and most people know and acknowledge that. While Booker is a better all around athlete and overall in-ring competitor I think, it's his physical resiliency and toughness that's in question rather than his overalll abilities.

I can't say I'm surprised that it's so one-sided, given Austin's immense popularity for one thing. Another thing that could be weighing against Booker T is his performance at Sacrifice. Just as Ricky Steamboat's recent activities have given him a boost in the tournament, Booker losting to AJ Styles in an I Quit match this past Sunday is probably weighing him down in this match. If Styles can make him say I Quit, Austin can most certainly keep him down for a 10 count. Booker has never been in all that many hardcore style matches in the past. When you think of "brawl", Booker T isn't one of the guys that automatically spring to mind.

Another thing that could be weighing against Booker T is his performance at Sacrifice. Just as Ricky Steamboat's recent activities have given him a boost in the tournament, Booker losting to AJ Styles in an I Quit match this past Sunday is probably weighing him down in this match. If Styles can make him say I Quit, Austin can most certainly keep him down for a 10 count.

Booker T didn't quit in the match. He actually refused to quit. Some chick threw in the towel on his behalf.

Booker has never been in all that many hardcore style matches in the past.

He was main eventing in WCW during his last couple years there. Pretty much every single match had some sort of ******ed hardcore gimmick attached. I mean how many other guys do you know that have competed in a San Francisco 49er Box Match?
When you think of "brawl", Booker T isn't one of the guys that automatically spring to mind.

What do you think Harlem Heat was? It was a tag team that won the WCW tag titles 10 times because of their ability to "brawl."

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back