Vader vs. the One Billy Gunn

• The Mastadon

• Rockabilly

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following match takes place in the ECW Regin under Extreme Rules, from Denver, Co.

#4. Big Van Vader
leonwhite.jpg

vs.

#61. "Bad Ass" Billy Gunn
BillyGunn.JPG

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Boss, allow me on this one.

Billy Gunn is awful. Seriously, his matches completely suck. He got over because of a catchphrase and by association, nothing more. He had some height, and that's it for his physical attributes. WWE tried for years to make him be a serious threat and he never was. With as lame a finisher as possible, how can he be taken seriously?

How can I put this delicately? Fuck delicate. Vader rips Gunn up and sprinkles him on his pizza, then shits the pizza out, reforms it into Billy Gunn, Vader Bombs the shit out of the shit made of shit and moves on easily.

As much as I think Vader gets much too much love and that he really isn't as great as IC says he is, there is no argument to be made against him here. Billy Gunn is a joke. He had the look, but aside from that, nothing. Vader would rip Gunn a new asshole in this one. After tossing him around the ring like a toy for a little bit, Vader ends it with a Vader Bomb.

this wouldn't even be a MATCH. this would be a one sided squash, with vader taking the win over monty sopp.

As much as I think Vader gets much too much love and that he really isn't as great as IC says he is, there is no argument to be made against him here. Billy Gunn is a joke. He had the look, but aside from that, nothing. Vader would rip Gunn a new asshole in this one. After tossing him around the ring like a toy for a little bit, Vader ends it with a Vader Bomb.

You're right. He's not as good as I say he is.

He's better.

Big Van Vader is, by far, the greatest Superheavyweight in the history of professional wrestling. He's been a major champion on three continents. He carried WCW as the dominant heel in the early 90's, holding a winning record against Sting.

I have so much I can say about him, but I'll save it for a time when he's isn't facing an over rated Ken Doll in a match. But Vader has to be the favorite in the entire ECW region, over EVERYONE, including Lashley, Lesnar, Andre, and especially Edge and Michaels.

This match will be a total squash.I doubt bill gunn could even take Vader off of his feet.Vader has more power and strenght than gunn does.This will end with a vader bomb in a quick squash match.

Now, let me paint up a little scenario for you guys.

I consider Vader's prime to be 1990/1993. And Billy Gunn's to be 2003 (as a singles competitor, anyway).

So, here we are, Extreme Championship Wrestling in Denver, Colorado. Billy Gunn, accompanied by Torrie Wilson, makes his way down to the ring with Boos for Gunn and all types of naughty chants for Wilson, who is wearing hardly anything. Out comes Vader, to a huge eruption. He's soaking it all in, playing to the crowd, huffing and puffing like he always does. He's all excited doing his thing and what not, not realizing he's in fucking Denver Colorado. By the time the match starts, the fat fuck has already worn himself out because he didn't anticipate the high altitude the city of Denver has.

But, of course, even a tired Vader should be able to kick Gunn's ass. And he does for a few minutes, but that Gunn is crafty and a pretty tough son of a bitch when he wants to be, so he sticks it out a little while, while Vader just continues to grow more tired. However, still, Vader is too powerful for Gunn. But Gunn has a back-up plan, because he knew he couldn’t defeat Vader all by himself. Judging from Vader's hideous appearance, he figures Vader hasn't seen a pair of tits a day in his life, and the night before he just viewed the main event to Summerslam 1988. So, he came up with this glorious plan, and oh man how it worked out.

Torrie Wilson gets up on the apron, grabbing Vader attention away from Gunn. So at first Torrie’s just doing a little flirting and what not, buying Gunn some time, but Vader starts to grow a little bored after a while and just when he’s about to turn back around, Torrie completely flashes Vader. Vader is stunned. And all this time Gunn was on the outside, getting a barbed-wired baseball bat he placed under the ring before the match. And while Vader’s gawking at Torrie’s breast, he fucking nails Vader with the bat from behind. And just for good measure, he repeatedly hits him with it while he's down. After that of course, he goes for the cover and.... 1, 2, 3. Billy Gunn FTW.

I'm glad to see that someone brought elevation into play in this region. Elevation does a ton to effect many athletes, in almost any sport, and it's a big advantage for the hometeam in almost any type of sport.

The problem is, Big Van Vader comes from the Rocky Mountains. The man lives in Boulder, Co, he played his college Football in Boulder, Co. so to say the man is used to the elevation is a huge understatement. Billy Gunn sucks, always has, and always will. Big Van Vader is a world champion on two continents, that's an elite group of wrestlers. Billy Gunn couldn't get over when he was feuding with the Rock, why, because Rockabilly sucks.

The Rock put it best when he pointed out Billy's greatest acheivement with the immortal words of:
'The only problem is that people still think that I absolutely suck'.

And it's true. He best the likes of X-Pac and Road Dogg to win it... he was leaving D-X so it made sense to beat them. But what did he do? Failed to get over feuding with the one man who could make a cuddly puppy get over as a heel if it growled at the right time - The Rock.

That being said, jmt's argument is poor. Gunn's single career peak wasn't 2003. It was winning KOTR. He had no Torrie then, he was alone, D-X free and definately no Rico and Chuck to help out.
Add to that, Vader is one bad dude...he'd KO Torrie and gawk later all he wanted.
Altitude doesn't matter to him, he's from the Rockies. If anything Gunn will be the one to tire first because he's never really gone toe-to-toe with a guy who took a lot to KO before. He never rose above mid-card and Rock destroyed him.

Hometown Vader, weapons give Gunn some hope, but not much as Vader has pretty much proven that he can handle himself. I won't promote him too much now... wait until Andre when it matters more

Whilst I don't rate Vader too highly, I do feel Billy Gunn is one of the most overrated wrestlers ever, he failed at every attempt to get in the ME, his singles career was just god damned awful. Vader would eat him for breakfast.

I think this is as more mismatched then Lesnar and Skipper this is just wrong. Redneck is to can as Vader is to Gunn one sided squash. Vader will Vader bomb him then do a Vader sault through a table. Gunn's strernum being crushed his career and possibly life will be over.

Vader is a huge threat in this tourny, and hes facing Billy Gunn who just flat out sucks. Vader will destroy him. Even if Gunn used weapons, Vader would destroy him. Vader wins in a squash.

I think Billy Gunn will shit himself when he's standing in the ring and "It's Time! It's Time! It's...VADER...time!" hits the speakers.

Vader will march down to the ring, hand him his ass, make him eat it, and Vader Bomb him into oblivion.

Vader would win this. Billy Gunn, despite once winning the King of the Ring, was probably the worst member of DX ever, even worse than Chyna in men's competition. Personally, I think he was worse than Bart Gunn, although that probably isn't the consensus.

Vader is the only person I can think of off the top of my head to have been a top champion in Japan, Mexico and the US, although some of the Japanese wrestlers that held the WCW title may have done this too.

The only way I can see Vader ever losing to Billy Gunn is by DQ, as that tended to happen a lot in his early WWF days, but in ECW this doesn't apply, Vader wins, hopefully with a Vadersault, because a fat man doing a backflip is one of my favourite wrestling scenarios.

You're right. He's not as good as I say he is.

He's better.

Big Van Vader is, by far, the greatest Superheavyweight in the history of professional wrestling. He's been a major champion on three continents. He carried WCW as the dominant heel in the early 90's, holding a winning record against Sting.

I have so much I can say about him, but I'll save it for a time when he's isn't facing an over rated Ken Doll in a match. But Vader has to be the favorite in the entire ECW region, over EVERYONE, including Lashley, Lesnar, Andre, and especially Edge and Michaels.

Good god man, would you stop with it already, you're worse than a Jehovah witness with your Vader preaching, the guy said Vader goes over in this match in a squash, and he does, can't you just leave it at that and save the argument for someone who actually thinks Gunn would over here? god damn dude

Good god man, would you stop with it already, you're worse than a Jehovah witness with your Vader preaching, the guy said Vader goes over in this match in a squash, and he does, can't you just leave it at that and save the argument for someone who actually thinks Gunn would over here? god damn dude

Oh good, Justin's here!

I have loads more bullets for later rounds, so I am warming up. My advice to you? Deal with it.

Were you surprised to see that I had come in here to start the Vader campaign? You're smarter than that, so I have to assume you popped in here with the express intent of trying to pick a fight with me. YAWN.

Anyway, yes this match is an easy choice. Since many of you were not members here last year when I got behind the big man, there's a lot of cool info out there on Leon White, and over the next few weeks I will bring it up in small doses.

Of course, since Justin has reminded us ONCE AGAIN that the world revolves around HIM, I am expected to not post just because HE read it all last year. But fortunately, I am not really concerned about that, and will continue to back my choices in this tourney, especially for the tournament virgins.

Mr. Ass is going to get his ass kicked by Vader. I don't see what Gunn can do to neutralize Vader and I don't believe he will get any offense in as Vader squashes Gunn for the win.

Billy Gunn or whatever the hell you call him ain't shit in singles competition. Vader on the other hand is a former WCW Champion. Vader wins this one easily while making Gunn look like a pussy.

I'd pay to see this just to see Billy Gunn get his arse handed to him on a plate. Vader Bomb and then another, just because the crowd ask for it.

Billy Gunn would wins this match easily.......Not really. Vader would completely destroy Gunn and send him six feet under. Pull out the squash-a-meter and we get an outstanding MONDO squash right here.

Well Mr Ass sucks total undeniable ass. Vader is a deadset beast and destroys Billy Gunn entirely.

DX tell Billy that they will help him as its ECW. But by time they get to the ring Vader has already killed Billy and is backstage with his feet up.

IC had to work his ass off here, but he was able to convince me that Vader could go over Billy Gunn here slightly.

Nah, I'm just kidding, this is a slay fest. Vader gets to have a squash match against Billy Gunn here, who although was an accomplished wrestler, is not in the same league as Vader. I picture Vader coming in here with two kendo sticks, and ends up with a Billy-ka-bob.

Billy Gunn/Kip James. He's a two time Hardcore champion and an Intercontinental champion. He's also a former King of the Ring (1999, to be exact). Sadly, that's all that contributes to his singles work. He's a 10 time tag champion in WWF/WWE, but that doesn't mean shit. He's always been a power kind of guy, but he's never had that much power. Lack of speed and power is often bad. He's not a bad tech wrestler, but I don't think it would matter.

Big Van Vader. As a three time WCW Heavyweight champion, he's proven he's skilled. His 6' 5", 450 lbs stature can't hurt, either. He's won a total of five awards from Wrestling Observer, which include Best Heel (in 1993), Best Wrestling Maneuver (in 1993 for the Vadersault), and Wrestler of the Year (in 1993). His staggering power, surprising speed, and incredible technicality is sure to put anyone in their place.

Kip James, I apologize but I've got three words for you.

IT'S VADER TIME!

Vader in a squash match. The only scenario where I could see Gunn beating Vader would be in the early stages of The Attitude Era, as Gunn was coming to his (short-lived) prime while Vader was essentially nothing more than a jobber to the stars.

But, we are looking at these wrestlers as if they were both in their primes. In his prime, which was in WCW during the early 1990s, Vader was a force to be reckoned with. Hell, in his prime, Vader was just as formidable and intimidating as Brock Lesnar (maybe even more formidable and intimidating).

Pick: Vader

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back