EC3 Debut vs Ambrose

Discussion in 'WWE Discussion' started by Heisenberg, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Dark Match Jobber

What the hell was that? EC3 looked awfully sloppy and robotic in the ring. Unless Ambrose was being difficult on purpose, EC3 came off looking like a goof, and thems fightin words in wrestling, just ask my boy Tedward Hart.

2. Psykohurricane55

Psykohurricane55 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

That'S pretty much is whole WWE run as of now. The thing with EC3 is that he always had that robotic style in the ring but in TNA, it was hidden better because of the quality of opponents he was facing. In WWE, they don't do that with him so he's expose and that's not a good thing in the long run.

3. Vanilla Midget

Vanilla Midget Get These Naans

Not a great debut for EC3. The booking for him has been baffling. What’s with the silent treatment? His character is naturally suited for a heel, but here he is being booked as a babyface. They’re repeating the same mistakes they made when Bobby Roode debuted on SDL.

Someone in WWE (Vince) thinks that cocky rich guys make good babyfaces. I remember Roode debuting as a face when the character was a rich a-hole. I think in might have been JBL on commentary going off about Roode’s limousines and expensive shoes while being booked as a face. Speaking of JBL, there’s been stories that Vince wanted to debut that character as a face in 2004.

Ted Dibiase JR had that horrible Dibiase Posse face run a few years ago. People were supposed to cheer a guy whose theme song starts off with, “I come from money.” Similarly Shane McMahon’s theme starts off with “here comes the money,” but he’s Shane McMahon. For better or worse, Shane is a draw. He’s known for insane spots and has lived up to his family name as an onscreen character.

EC3 comes along claiming to be part of the 1%, gets hit on by a heel in Alexa Bliss, and we’re supposed to cheer this guy who’s that tanned and that shredded?

I’d go so far as to think they predicted this and are following the Rocky Maivia model for getting a crowd to turn on a character, but I can’t give them that much credit. The average fan gets behind underdogs and outcasts, not the privileged or fortunate.

The match wasn’t great. Ambrose has not been known for his match quality as of late, and with rumours that he’s leaving and he may have possibly have checked out, he wasn’t a great choice for EC3’s first main roster bout.

The question is who though? EC3 is the kind of guy that needs a quality opponent to help him towards a good or great match. He’s not known to carry anyone and neither is Ambrose, who might just be showing up for a paycheque.

Raw’s lower midrcard is sorely lacking any kind of ring general heel who could have filled that spot. Hawkins just turned babyface. Dolph has been the gatekeeper forever and his booking has been muddy at best. WWE should seriously consider a heel turn for a few guys including Apollo Crews, B-Team or Tyler Breeze. Raw’s lower midcard is teeming with comedy babyfaces and has a lot of lumbering non-ring generals like Mahal and Ambrose rolling around.

EC3’s debut wasn’t great. His character is better suited to a heel and would open him up to opponents on Raw that would better compliment his in-ring style. If he must be a face, then turning someone of the breadth of Raw’s lower card comedy jobbers would give him some quality opponents. Otherwise send him to SDL.

4. Psykohurricane55

Psykohurricane55 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I agree with you on this but for this one we can't really blame vince for this as he's been booked horribly since his debut in NXT last year. The guy is a natural heel and he sign with wwe, got send to NXT and had his debut in a ladder match which he wasn't even the main focus of the match. Then got push as a babyface for the reminder of his nxt run and now he's get called up in the worst possible time and they really don't know what to do with him.

The guy had star written all over him and they pretty much wasted it since he sign last year. In my opinion, he was better off stayin in impact.

5. blueskyy

blueskyy Getting Noticed By Management

Totally agree with the opener. I think this pretty much confirms that news about Dean Ambrose leaving WWE. It was a horrible match, jobbers usually play the losers in those kind of matches. I don't think WWE has any intention of keeping Amborse.

6. Major

Major New Member

I think Ambrose is feeling underappreciated; I can't blame him. Since he turned heel, I think he's starting to stagnate and I think the WWE don't know what to do with him.
    Ambrose is a talented wrestler, and I think he's starting to think about his own career; AEW is becoming the talk of the town, and with Jericho now signed, I can see more well-known wrestlers making their way there.

EC3 is a good wrestler, however, his debut was not very good. Poor debuts can render a wrestler unappreciated by the WWE Universe, and I can only imagine this is an awful feeling.
    Somehow, EC3 needs to pull it back, and I hope his upcoming matches will restore his abilities.