Earthquake 1963 -2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

OchoaSTL

John “Earthquake” Tenta has passed away at the age of 42 after a lengthy battle with bladder cancer. Tenta is survived by his wife and three kids.

Tenta performed for both World Wrestling Entertainment and World Championship Wrestling throughout the 90s. He made multiple appearances on wrestling’s grandest stage, participating in matches at WrestleManias VI, VII, VIII, X and X-Seven.

In 1992, Earthquake and his partner Typhoon, collectively known as "The Natural Disasters”, defeated Money Inc. to capture the World Tag Team Championship. Prior to his career in professional wrestling, Tenta made a name for himself in Japan as a highly accomplished Sumo wrestler.

NOOO, man he is gonna be missed dearly by me. I always loved his gimmicks and whatnot. Damn, RIP John.

Was a big part of WWE's boom period of the mid 80s into the early 90s. Was a good headliner and had a good tag team with Typhoon aka Tugboat, The Natural Disaters. R.I.P. Earthquake.

I never saw him, but I have the wrestlemania boxset..Its about I checked his matches on them out.

R.I.P. John Tenta.

I enjoyed reading the things that he would post on Wrestlecrap. Hearing RD talk about him and what a great person he was. He seemed to be a wonderful human being and put his heart and soul into his career. I remember him shaking the ground when I watched wrestling as a kid, and I used to jump up and down with him.

My condolences to his wife and kids.

:raven:

I guess that's the biggest loss of John Tenta's career and quite a big loss as well for many pro-wrestling fans.

When I first started watching wrestling John Tenta/Earthquake was a huge star. He went in the ring and destroyed people. People who didn't follow it at the time cannot appreciate what a big deal this guy was. The Natural Disasters were a huge draw who never got the long run as champions they deserved. My heart goes out to his wife and kids. The world of wrestling has lost hugley under rated star. There was no tribute last night on the PPV I hope this is put right on raw on SD this week and also a place in the hall of fame next year would not go amiss.:wwf:

My friend dad is his cousin, I met him to he was a nice guy, I used to watch him in the early 90's always loved his gimmick, he was agile and fast for a big man, right before he does the squash, he stomps on the ring boom boom boom, then he does squash. I remember he wrestled hogan and earthquake did the squash, and he broke hogans ribs for a storyline, you know what was fake, hogan came back in 2 weeks from a broken rib injury, it was a storyline, takes more then 2 weeks to heal up a broken bone, i broke 2 ribs took me 2 months to heal. in the wrestling world your healed up in 2 weeks lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back