• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

DVDs and WCW

bigbootydaddyV

arrogant bastard
not sure where else to post this, thought this would be good since it does relate to WWE. Originally I was going to do a post on a wrestler who I thought is very deserving of a DVD set and who's material would make for a great set. That wrestler being none other than DDP...I think a DDP DVD would be great...just say it...rolls off the tongue lol...but seriously the guy was entertaining and had some great matches and a good run. It started with his role as manager to the freebirds and Scot Hall to seemingly coming out of nowhere to sky rocket to main event status. I believe it was a random match with Savage on a PPV that put him on the map. His rejection of the NWO and his reasons why were awesome. Even his feud with taker was still pretty cool, esp the cage match with KAnyon against BoD.

Ok i totally digressed to my original thought haha, but yea, after thinking more about it I decided to broaden the topic to get more opinions, feel free to comment on both. Wrestling DVDs did not become big until after WCW closed up shop, granted part of the reason WWE is so successful with them is having such a huge library, but had WCW been around to where these DVDs took off do u think it could have tremendously helped their bottom line and possibly saved the company?? Counting all the classic NWA footage and the amount of talent there they could have came out with some great sets. On their own they could have had a great Flair DVD and an even better horseman one. They could have made one on Sting, DDP, a better NWO history, everything. I think they would have had the sense to make the dvds spectacular and less skewed like WWE versions (NWO focusing only on the big 3). Its just too bad they couldn't have released some great dvds that would no doubt be great collectors.

you know i was thinking the same thing...they should release more WCW DVDs like they did with Starrcade, because for someone like me who didn't get a chance to watch WCW much I personally would love to see more stuff out of WCW

It would be a blessed curse in my opinion. wCw has never had the production value of WWE. I doubt the dvd's would sell as well. However if they were in the same style or close it would be nice. Most of the time I am content on watching all the interviews most of the WWE dvd's have. Assuming wCw would have went down a similar road. The dvd's would have been good. I liked the nWo dvd. I was happy they only showed the original nWo. After that they became old and every nitro/thunder was about the same.

The WCW pay per view dvd's or even Nitro dvd's could do big money, I'd love to see them. However the problem with doing individual dvd's for the likes of Sting and DDP, is that while the WWE can put on anything from when they were in WCW, then can put nothing current on, they would have to someone other than Sting or DDP narrate the DVD. It'd be weird seeing Sting's greatest matches and moments, but not having him comment on them. Same with DDP. So that's why the WWE would never do those dvd's, unless they can get the wrestler's to come on board to help with them, and why would Sting do that? DDP? Possible, but not likely.

This topic was actually the first thread I ever started once I was able to and I will continue to support the idea of releasing WCW dvds. I would love to have a box set of Starcade, Halloween Havoc, War Games, etc... I mean Vince just has this footage library that he could do tons with and it's just sitting in a dusty box in the basement of Titan Towers. Not really... but you catch my drift. The WCW ppvs would be something I would love to watch and relive. Mostly because it would be like watching so many of them new and without seeing them and not knowing who even won these matches. It would be new to me along with many others. Or hell, if Vince threw out a super collector's edition for around $600-800 with every single WCW ppv ever and make only a limited number of these, there would be so much demand for them. Then of course... a year or two down the line, release them as box sets separated by ppv name... War Games, Starcade, etc... I would totally save up money from each paycheck for a year or so to put towards a giant collection of all WCW ppvs. I mean us big fans (me included) who love to relive great matches and watch old PPVs have already paid 100-150 bucks for the Wrestlemania and Summerslam box sets. And believe me, mine get a ton of use. I've had my Mania one a little over a year and I've already been through it 2-3 times. I've been through SSlam once as well.

I love the idea of releasing these DVDs. It's hard to say if it will ever happen. It likely won't. But hey... wishful thinking right? Wrestling fans love wrestling and love what goes on in that ring and we would love to relive these moments from WCW.

The WCW has a lot of history and a lot of money is to be had from these DVD's. The Best of Nitro, Halloween Havoc, Superbrawl, and some individual DVD's of certain superstars would sell. It's not impossible to have a DVD of Sting and (God forbid) DDMe without their commentary. I don't know for sure, but I don't believe Savage did much if any commentary on his DVD set. So it can happen. And any DVD that the WWE does on Sting would be faaaaaar greater than ANYTHING TNA would do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back