• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Drew McIntyre losing streak?

straightedge martyr

The Chosen One
Okay, i like drew, i think he's pretty good in the ring and entertaining on the mic, but when you lose legit to Matt Hardy out of the blue then somethings wrong.

He lost to Kane, his first loss ever and it wasn't even at a ppv or anything. and then he got Vince McMahon to wipe the loss only to lose to MATT HARDY next week for no reason other than to put hardy in MITB. to me this sounds like the begining of a losing streak storyline. seeing as drew is doing nothing important right now.

I dont want to see this happen as it will totally ruin his push (obviously) and also it would make JoMo look bad as he couldn't even beat drew 1on1 once.

So do you think a losing streak is coming, maybe it will involve mcmahon saying he was wrong about drew and turning on him or something like that

What do you think.

He is still intercontinental champion, so unless they plan on having him drop the title soon(witch I don't see happening). I see no reason why he would get the pre-mania Kozlov treatment.

He is still intercontinental champion, so unless they plan on having him drop the title soon(witch I don't see happening). I see no reason why he would get the pre-mania Kozlov treatment.

I agree with Chocolate here. Im pretty sure that this was just a way to Matt and kane in the money in the back match. Drew will still be the champion and im pretty sure that he aint dropping it yet. WWE will find him a contender after Wrestlemania, and he might have a long feud with who ever the contender is. Drew will not have a bad losing streak like MVP had.

you're both probably right about drew, still holding the IC title and everything.

I just thought that when you job to matt hardy then you won't be doing anything major for a while.

Also getting McMahon to wipe the the match doesn't sound like somthing that just happens once in that situation, it will happen again imo

you're both probably right about drew, still holding the IC title and everything.

I just thought that when you job to matt hardy then you won't be doing anything major for a while.

Also getting McMahon to wipe the the match doesn't sound like somthing that just happens once in that situation, it will happen again imo

Matt Hardy has been low on the totem pole for quite a while now, going over McIntrye just helps to elevate Hardy back to a solid believable mid card status, also opens up the possibilities for a future feud.

There's something behind it. These losses may have just been reasons to get Hardy and Kane into the MITB match and be part of WrestleMania. Hardy and Kane are pretty loyal to the WWE, they've always done whatever management has asked of them and WM will be a big payday.

As for McIntyre, I'm not really sure where this ultimately leaves him. He's still got the Intercontinental Championship and, historically speaking, wrestlers don't go on losing streaks while they're still carrying championships. I'm kind of hoping that there's an IC title match at 'Mania as there hasn't been one in 6 or 7 years.

I'm kind of hoping that there's an IC title match at 'Mania as there hasn't been one in 6 or 7 years.

They had a match for the IC title at Wrestlemania 25 :rolleyes:

Anyway, I highly doubt they'll put McIntyre in a loosing streak, as quite a few has stated, it's probably the better way to put them in the MITB match, considering all the other talent that is considered appropriate as MITB contenders has already had a match or is doing something else for Wrestlemania.
Besides, Drew had to loose at one point, why not loose to someone that could use the credibility and momentum heading into Wrestlemania, considering thats what Hardy and Kane could heavily use right now.
Besides, he's lost two matches thus far, it could just be a common thing for a moments time.

Unbelievable, so Drew's streak ends and already people predict a losing streak after two losses. Two losses in anybody else's career in a row doesn't mean they're going to ALWAYS lose- e.g. Evan Bourne who picks up the OCCASIONAL win on RAW (Blink and you'll miss it though).

I don't see Drew having a losing streak similar to MVP's. Infact, I think he'll be in MITB.

Hear me out, there is one more qualifying spot left for MITB. They can't just reward that to a RAW or Smackdown! superstar. I see a Battle Royal taking place. TNA is going live Monday and even though WWE doesn't see them as competition, they still will want to put what they feel is a good show (Regardless as to whether it turns out that way or not).

So I can see an Inter-brand Battle Royal for the last MITB spot and have McIntyre win it to make him look even stronger. ("Sure, he lost twice in a row, but he just defeated several men from both brands!".)

The ultimate swerve would be to do a battle royal on NXT for one of them to have a MITB spot and have Daniel Bryan win. He'd win at Mania and then cash it in that night. That's NEVER going to happen at all haha, but I'd like it.

So with the above scenario out of the way, I think McIntyre will gain that final spot. Its too late just to start pushing an IC title match when the best Midcarders are already in MITB. The only other thing I can think of is somehow Kofi facing McIntyre in a brand vs brand match. Drew will be determined to prove he can still win after his losses, Kofi will be determined to show he still has a place at Mania. Both men will want to represent their brands in the process.

Drew will not have a bad losing streak like MVP had.

No, he won't. I look at the losing as streak as one of two possibilities:

(1) Management is emulating the MVP program by having Drew face negative circumstances that he ultimately overcomes, resulting in his becoming someone the fans can appreciate, even if he remains a heel. It's a dues-paying phase he hasn't been subjected to before.

or

(2) It's a way for management to appease the other wrestlers who feel Drew was elevated to the top too quickly. Harry Smith comes to mind; he was given wide exposure long before he was ready for it and I remember wondering what the other talent thought of it.

I don't think the losing streak will last too long. Drew is too talented and has too good a look to subject him to this for a long time......maybe just long enough to establish him as someone who has been through the mill and emerged from it with fortitude and resolve.

Drew's losing streak is still a questionable one, I mean if he drops the title then we know that Drew is getting demoted to the lower card level, which I hate to see because he is entertaining on the mic. But honestly I am thinking that maybe we will see him drop the title and after a couple of weeks he will beat an opponent and have a World Title match against Edge, McMahon did say that McIntrye is the future of the WWE, so who knows.

I get this strange feeling that McIntyre will not even qualify for Money In The Bank, but will still get involved and maybe even win it. I know, it sounds a little ridiculous, but I still feel it's possible. Just how upset he is about the thought of missing Wrestlemania. As McMahon's personally endorsed future World Champion, I could see him being allowed to keep the briefcase, if only to lose it at the MITB PPV. I could also see him becoming a bit of an obsessed psycho over the next few months, as losing one match seems to mean more to him than I can recall it being to anyone else. Or, I could be totally wrong on this whole thing. Overall, I am quite interested to see where this angle goes.

I believe the money in the bank ladder match is already filled up so I see this recent slump of drew to set up an angle of desparation and he will enter the MitB match(even though he is not officially included) and steal the briefcase away( most preferably from Christian) to set up a feud between the two where christian would get the IC title then drew moves on to the ME scene. So I view this losing streak as a set-up for a big push for drew mcintyre.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back