• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Drew Galloway Speaks On His Decision to Join TNA

Chrome

Getting Noticed By Management
http://www.tnainsider.com/2015/03/drew-galloway-speaks-on-tna/

It was all very last minute, literally a few days before my debut I spoke to them. I honestly had no intentions of returning to US TV anytime soon but I listened what they had to say. They have some great visions and goals for the company going forward now with the new US Network. I say something special, something which I can truly impact on a grand level, building something really cool. They are very creative, and will be taking a different approach going forward. So then I took some time, spoke to friends, weighed up my options and I’m glad I made this right choice, I literally signed with them hours before I went out in the arena.

I honestly think this is going to build me from strength to strength, and hopefully TNA, I loved everything they had to say and they were also very receptive to my ideas and what I want to do. I decided to take this route as pro wrestling is my passion, I simply loved what they had planned for the product, which will be cool and unique, something which I can apply my creativity to, I have so much to give which I can put into effect now with TNA, something you simply couldnt do with WWE, which is really cool, having freedom and a voice.

I want this company to grow, I was already a fan, now I want numbers to grow, get eyes on the product which hopefully I can help with. There will be compelling stories and great wrestling which will be easy here with such great people and an in ring product, which is what fans want to see, and is on focus in TNA, its what is ultimately No.1 priority. Fans want to see Total Nonstop Action, literally, which is this focus on wrestling going forward and obviously with still compelling characters for people to invest in, respond to.

I think TNA listen to their fans, and so they should, fans should get what they want, they pay the bills. Its been a formula which has worked in the past, why change it. It will be something TNA will put emphasis on.

Im looking forward to wrestling so many guys, TNA’s roster is so diverse, its amazing. I am excited to get in there with Low Ki, almost two opposite styles which will be interesting and also Bram, who is a great friend of mine, just everyone, its that exciting.

If you love wrestling, and want a voice come to TNA shows, tune in, react and you will get what you want. Fight for wrestling, support alternatives and wrestling will thrive. TNA is destined to create and awesome product, the ultimate product which you’re going to enjoy, if you’re a WRESTLING fan.”

I think if utilize correctly and if his heart is in this... Drew could be a big deal for TNA. What are your thoughts on his comments above?

He hit all the talking points just right. Only issue is the channel their on Destination America isn't widely available from what I understand. We don't get it here in Canada so we can't watch, no matter how anyone says how good it is.

TNA has always been a wrestling focused show. Almost every talent is given a chance there. Knockouts division is awesome, X division is awesome but it is now a sinking boat. Talents are refusing to participate there. I swear there may be some financial issues between talents and the management. Drew Galloway is not any Hulk Hogan or Steve Austin so that he can change the entire landscape alone. Sure, there are some more talents who can help elevate TNA to another level. But, majority of them are aged. They are ahead of their prime. They are reliable on older talents instead of young guns and younger ones are denying to spin the TNA wheel. They need some new talents and a bigger home to get more fans.

They need some new talents and a bigger home to get more fans.

In that case, if TNA can effectively utilize him, Drew Galloway could be exactly what they need.....a young veteran with loads of experience....still under 30 years old.

It's nice to read his upbeat comments; of course that's the way a new employee is going to talk, but if Drew truly has new hope and is still enthusiastic about his profession after the years of being held down in WWE, he might be able to go far.

Financially? Sure, after earning WWE bucks for all those years.....and given the financial restraints TNA current labors under.....he's got to be raking in a hell of a lot less money. But, it's not as if he had a choice of staying with WWE; he was canned.

But, the better he can do here, the better his chances of hooking back on with the 'E. I don't know if that's his goal or not, but don't believe for a second WWE doesn't check out what TNA is doing.

The pathway is there.

Plus, the man is still gorgeous. :p

Don't get me wrong — it's great to see talents in the company praising them for what they get right, and for offering them the kind of personal freedoms we've been hearing for years these guys value (rightfully so).

But this is a lot of code-speak that really, when you actually read it a few times, manages to convey some kind of positive message that's built on nothing. There are so many meaningless (on their own) buzzwords here that are forming the actual brunt of the message — vision, creative, ideas — that you probably wouldn't realize until you've read it a few times... are tantamount to saying nothing at all.

I'm happy to see what this guy can bring, but as I've said in the past, I really stopped watching WWE when he arrived, so in a very real way, he's a brand new performer to me. All I can work off is what I see, and what I hear from others who've actually seen him work.

Good thing for youtube, I have been watching it live an alternate way here in Saskatchewan and it has been a little tough.

I think Galloway will do good in TNA. I think he was just one of several guys when he was in wwe and at that time, they were not trying to push newer talent like they are today. Hopefully he evolves a little more as he sounded like CM Punk "voice of the voiceless" in his promo and TNA doesn't need to do another wwe angle again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back