DragonBall Live Action Movie

What Do You Think Of The DragonBall Live Action Movie?

• What the hell is a DragonBall

• Anime is shit and So is DragonBall

• I don't really care

• HOLY CRAP. A DRAGONBALL MOVIE! GOKU FOR LIFE!

Results are only viewable after voting.

BigMike1994

..Is Rated M!
The DragonBall Movie is set to be released on the 15th of August and it is based on the first series of DragonBall (DragonBall) The movie will be directed by James Wong.

The Cast consists of

Justin Chatwin: Goku
James Marsters: Piccilo
Yun-Fat Chow: Master Roshi
Jamie Chung: Chi-Chi
James Kyson Lee: Yamcha (Rumored)
Joon Park: Yamcha
Eriko Tamura: Mai

This information could change

holy fuck a DragonBall Z movie sweet.

DragonBall Z was the shit throughout my younger years and was defenitely a classic show. when I see the cast I lose a bit of excitement though because the cast looks quite limited. I see no Gohan,Vegeta,Krillin anybody however Piccolo was always my favorite and should be enough to make this movie pretty badass. and if the actions scenes go like I can imagine them....holy fuck

but I have to ask why now?

why make a movie about a show that modern kids missed out on, why not make one 5 years ago, that movie would be huge then, now it will consist of fanboys, old time casual fans(me), and people who see its previews and are interested in the action. while this movie may end up shit I will still go see it and enjoy every minute of it

FACT

First off---the original Dragonball Z was the absolute shit. I'll never forget coming home every day after basketball practice/games and turning on some good ol DBZ. Something about that show would just suck you in and wouldn't let you out.

It's funny that this thread was made, because I actually just went back and watched some of the old episodes a few weeks ago, and they still kick ass.

But does anyone else think a live-action Dragonball Z would just be super-uber ridiculiously gay? Like, seriously....think of Dragon Ball Z....now think of actual human beings portraying the characters....and now you realize how incredibly stupid of an idea this is. I mean for one thing, theres the hair. I won't be able to watch this movie without busting out laughing everytime I see a real person rocking those 20 inch locks. Add in everything else I mean....just a bad idea.

I'm all for more DBZ stuff, but this just seems like a very, very, very bad idea. The kind of idea that kills childhood memories (like the live action Alvin and the Chipmunks did...thanks for ruining the Chipmunks with those terrible CGI crap rodents)

I totally agree, this movie is probably going to be ridiculous. I also can't believe that the guy who played Spike is going to be playing Piccolo. Will they be recreating the filler episodes, like when Goku and Piccolo tried to past a driving test? That'd suck. As for the first series of DBZ, does that mean the Saiyan saga that ends with Goku and Vegeta's epic fight?

Right now, Naruto is my number on anime anyway. The fights are just better.

I can't, for the life of me, ever, picture Chow Yun Fat playing a perverted martial arts master. I just can't. I can see Chow Yun Fat playing the hero or anti-hero with guns/swords. Other than that? Dramatic roles, not Master Roshi. How much of this has been confirmed anyway? Where's the source? And how come I see Yamcha's name on there twice?

DBZ is classic. There's no doubt about that. The manga and anime have pretty much inspired the future of its kind. What it needs isn't a live-action movie. The story is long-finished.

One thing you guys seem to miss is that this is a DRAGON BALL movie, not DBZ. This movie will be sort of a reinvention, like Transformers was. Marsters is playing Lord Piccolo, not Piccolo, but he will probably play him too. I'm looking forward to it, but it's being fast tracked, so let's hope it's not going to be ruined by a short production. And if you didn't know, Stephen Chow will be producing, which means the film will have a nice balance of humor and action, just like the series does. The film should be good, but sequels are sure to come if this movie's a hit. Hopefully they get to the Frieza saga-and just throwing this out there, wouldn't Cillian Murphy make a great Frieza?

Emmy Rossum has been confirmed as "Bulma".
Source: http://comicbookmovie.com/news/articles/4227.asp

The original Dragon Ball was on when I was around 3 or 4. I didn't really like it as a series, only because it was kinda lame. Then when Dragon Ball Z came around, with the Super Saiyans, and the outer space shit, I loved it. I always thought it had so much suspense. I always thought it would be a great live-action movie if done correctly. I lost interest soon after they started showing Dragon Ball GT in Canada, and haven't watched anime since then. But, this has a pretty stacked cast, and as long as the story and dialog aren't completely ******ed, it should be good. I can't wait to see a CGI kameha-meha on the big screen. That thing is gonna be LOUD.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Yeah! Hope it does come out. I am a HUGE DBZ fan! I've got every freakin' DVD. I doubt it will be as good as the cartoon.

If they do it right, and do the special effects properly, it will be great. Just a shame that it will be too early in the series to see Super Saijin! I can imagine how that would look on the big screen.

I am not too familiar with the listed actors, but I read Piccolo will be green! What? He HAS to be green! How could they have thought of making him normal?

Hopefully, it does well and they make a part 2 with SSJ and maybe Freeza!

I feel like a kid after hearing about this. :D:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back