DragonAge: Origins

What I am going into this thread thinking is that either Dragon Age: Origins is the absolute bees knees, or someone at every major gaming website got some major happy endings. I doubt its the second one, but I just wanted to ask, who has played this game, and what are your thoughts about it? Worth buying? It looks somewhat similar to games like The Witcher and Mass Effect, with the combat system tweaked. But the storyline and graphics seems very similar to The Witcher and any other BioWare game these days.

Considering people are reviewing this above stuff like Diablo and Half Life 2, I was wondering where this ranks to anyone who has played it, RPG fan or not? I have a general disdain for "popular stuff" like Halo, so I'm wondering how this stacks up. Any thoughts?

I have played and beaten the game as a Human Noble..... that Origin Story is one of the better origin stories in the game. my second play-through will be as a dwarven noble.

personally I think this'll be tied with Mass Effect 2 for RPG of the year. the voice acting is top notch albit a few not-so voice actors but the companion voice acting is absolutely brilliant! the graphics on the PC and the console version slightly differ due to frame-rate and pixel shading. Also if you have the day one DLC Shale and Wardens Keep, you'll be happy to get Shale..

Do not be fooled by the advertising from this game.

I decided to get the game after watching the trailer for it and I was really excited about the prospect of playing it. I was just about to order it when I noticed that one of my friends had already purchased it. Instead of rushing into buying a game, which I usually don't do anyway, I decided that I would go around and see what ti is like in person. With the trailer in mind, I really did think that it was going to be a really great game. I am a huge RPG fan and Final Fantasy still remains one of my favourite game series' ever. However, I was completely underwhelmed by this game.

I think it may be my fault though. I had thought and hoped that this game was going to be like Oblivion and I had thought that anything close to that would have been great. However, I didn't like this game. I think the better features of it are definitely the voice acting and the graphics, especially for a map of the size of it. The towns looks pretty good and the graphics are slightly better than Oblivion. However, it just isn't as good in my opinion. After watching the trailer, I thought that it would have been tied with Mass Effect but now I think that Mass Effect will smash it into pieces and I think it is kind of justified to be honest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back