Don't Be A Selfish Fan

The Brain

King Of The Ring
There are a lot of fans here who need to stop being so selfish. WWE is a variety show that is trying to reach many different demographics. They have six hours of original programming every week and a three hour pay per view at least once a month. Every single second of every segment is not specifically aimed at you. There's plenty of time to go around so don't be so pissy when a segment comes on that entertains someone other than you. And no, I’m not just talking about PG so let’s not turn this into one of those threads. I'm not saying excuse a poor product. Just realize it's not all about you before you criticize.

There are a lot of fans here who need to stop being so selfish. WWE is a variety show that is trying to reach many different demographics. They have six hours of original programming every week and a three hour pay per view at least once a month. Every single second of every segment is not specifically aimed at you. There's plenty of time to go around so don't be so pissy when a segment comes on that entertains someone other than you. And no, I’m not just talking about PG so let’s not turn this into one of those threads. I'm not saying excuse a poor product. Just realize it's not all about you before you criticize.

Great point and I've highlighted what I particularly agree with.

I agree but it isn't the fans the issue is with. It is the wannabe fantasy GMs that think their fanpinion is business gold. If you do not like something then that is fine. It is when people pretend what they like is the right thing to do that is bs.

I don't watch television to see other people be appeased. My viewing experience is all about me and I don't care who knows it.

I don't watch television to see other people be appeased. My viewing experience is all about me and I don't care who knows it.

Ah the very definition of selfish, but understandable. I'm not saying people need to take joy in others liking a segment that you don't. Just take a minute to think why things are done before being so quick to criticize. And by no means am I saying never criticize. Just remember WWE is trying to produce a show that entertains men and women, boys and girls of all ages. Not everyone is going to like every single thing.

I would like to take a minute to also point out that what I like is normally of higher quality than what other people like.

Well I suppose it's natural to think that. I'm sure everybody would say the same thing about themselves. I get it though ;)

Ah the very definition of selfish, but understandable. I'm not saying people need to take joy in others liking a segment that you don't. Just take a minute to think why things are done before being so quick to criticize. And by no means am I saying never criticize. Just remember WWE is trying to produce a show that entertains men and women, boys and girls of all ages. Not everyone is going to like every single thing.

That's kind of how I look at it, if there is a certain segment I don't like, I'm not going to come on here and make an entire thread revolved around my total distaste towards it. I myself might not appeal to it but I know there are people out there who will, they can enjoy it while I flip the channel and watch something else for the time being.

What is this? Do you people want a pat on the back or something for being kind enough to change the channel in silence?

Fucking amen to that. I don't give a shit if a segment isn't for me, I'm not going to eat shit with a smile just because it's not "aimed" at me. If I think something sucks, I'm going to say it and I'm going to offer what I think are better ideas if I want to. It's why wrestling forums exist.

Last time VInce was given too much clemency to expand his market he came up with the XFL. With that given, wholeheartedly disagree. Criticize that sumbitch to the ground.

The XFL was entertaining in a Roller-Derby kind of trashy way. Holy fuck was that never going to work though, the injuries were crazy just for one season and dudes would have been in wheelchairs by the next few seasons.

I still remember watching the XFL kick-off game at my dad's house. We thought it was awesome.

Gotta agree with Coco and X on this one. I'm not going to chug the Kool-Aid and sit and like it if it taste like shit. There are simply bad segments that need to be shat upon.

Now that I remember:

107088_512x288_generated__8+c0UvmCyEiXzaymPQSKdg.jpg

105477_512x288_generated__wvsh1ATgzEyQLYWEZ5jDTQ.jpg

chavohorn.gif

108486_512x288_generated__lIGFmANbc0SalgC7BfPkZA.jpg

I see what you're saying, but if people didn't bitch, moan, complain, and criticize, there would be no need for these here wrestling forums.

I mean, it would get old after awhile if everybody just came on here and talked about what they liked about the show and say, "Oh, I didn't like that part, but I understand that it was aimed at *insert demographic here*".

Fucking amen to that. I don't give a shit if a segment isn't for me, I'm not going to eat shit with a smile just because it's not "aimed" at me. If I think something sucks, I'm going to say it and I'm going to offer what I think are better ideas if I want to. It's why wrestling forums exist.

Gotta agree with Coco and X on this one. I'm not going to chug the Kool-Aid and sit and like it if it taste like shit. There are simply bad segments that need to be shat upon.

I see what you're saying, but if people didn't bitch, moan, complain, and criticize, there would be no need for these here wrestling forums.

I mean, it would get old after awhile if everybody just came on here and talked about what they liked about the show and say, "Oh, I didn't like that part, but I understand that it was aimed at *insert demographic here*".

I’m with you guys. I get it. Believe me I’ve done my share of criticizing here before and I will again. My point is one or two bad segments does not mean everything sucks. Take the Justin Bieber rumors from a couple months back. So many people were bitching up a storm claiming WWE doesn’t care about their main fan base. People were talking about boycotting WrestleMania because some kid was going to take three minutes before the show started to sing America The Beautiful. That’s the kind of thing I’m talking about. Criticizing the decision to bring Bieber in is fine. Just don’t give me the bullshit that WWE sucks because of something so irrelevant and have the common sense to understand why these things happen. By the way, I haven’t heard anything about Bieber performing at mania. People are so eager to criticize they make up there own stuff to bitch about. If you think thirty minutes of Raw sucked, by all means say so. Just keep in mind that you got ninety minutes of good. The good always outweighs the bad.

I’m with you guys. I get it. Believe me I’ve done my share of criticizing here before and I will again. My point is one or two bad segments does not mean everything sucks. Take the Justin Bieber rumors from a couple months back. So many people were bitching up a storm claiming WWE doesn’t care about their main fan base. People were talking about boycotting WrestleMania because some kid was going to take three minutes before the show started to sing America The Beautiful. That’s the kind of thing I’m talking about. Criticizing the decision to bring Bieber in is fine. Just don’t give me the bullshit that WWE sucks because of something so irrelevant and have the common sense to understand why these things happen. By the way, I haven’t heard anything about Bieber performing at mania. People are so eager to criticize they make up there own stuff to bitch about. If you think thirty minutes of Raw sucked, by all means say so. Just keep in mind that you got ninety minutes of good. The good always outweighs the bad.

Oh ok. This was well said and I agree.

However, the good doesn't always outweigh the bad. For years, I could find nothing good in a John Cena match. So if there is no good and it's all bad, then bad prevails.

Oh ok. This was well said and I agree.

However, the good doesn't always outweigh the bad. For years, I could find nothing good in a John Cena match. So if there is no good and it's all bad, then bad prevails.

It couldn't be all bad or you wouldn't watch. Overall the good always outweighs the bad while we're watching. If it didn't we wouldn't be fans. You sit through the bad because the good is good enough to make it worthwhile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back