Domestic football - spam version

Torres' current form - 1 goal in 19 games
Van Persie's current form - 14 goals in 19 games

That doesn't change my mind, Torres played better today than he did in any of those 19 games.

Possible, but the squad isn't very deep and Chelsea don't currently have a single player outside of Ashley Cole and possibly David Luiz that would get in either Madrid or Barcelona's first team.

Drogba? Torres? Essien? Maybe not Barcelona but Madrid most definitely. I rate Alex higher than Luiz.

Robin van Persie is the most technically sound striker in the Premier League. He is a loyal, hard-working player and it shows how much we miss him when he's not around. He's scored some absolute beauties in his time, and if it weren't for injuries, you'd all be agreeing with me.

Robin van Persie is the most technically sound striker in the Premier League. He is a loyal, hard-working player and it shows how much we miss him when he's not around. He's scored some absolute beauties in his time, and if it weren't for injuries, you'd all be agreeing with me.

My pick for Golden Boot winner this year, if he stays fit

Very bad for a keeper's morale to drop him. If they drop De Gea now, they'll probably knock his confidence quite severely, which isn't good for someone you've invested that much in. Lindegaard is probably a safe option but he's not world class, and I think they're hoping De Gea will be.

Yeah, I wasn't meaning they should drop him now as it will take him time to acclimatise to the physical nature of the premier league as well as build his communication with the back four. There were several times yesterday where Fabio and Evans were visually frustrated at a lack of a call and/or willingness to make himself available to punt the ball away, so hopefully that can get sorted out soon.

However Lindegaard had more time with the defense in pre-season and I think speaks the language too. What I was thinking was if Lindegaard gets some Cup games and impresses, Fergie may opt to give him some games in the league which gives De Gea more time to get to grips with the language.

Vidic and Ferdinand both picking up knocks is a bit worrisome as they boss the set-pieces usually, so I'm not sure if Evans, Jones or Smalling will be as vocal in there. Jones certainly looks capable of stepping up to the plate though, been impressed with him so far.

Again, I'm with you that De Gea needs time to settle, no question, but if Lindegaard puts in some good performances and plays his way into the team then I'd like to see him get an opportunity between the sticks.

Ta for the explanation with the two-legged games too. Thought they may have just chosen a neutral ground like the Mastella like they did with the Spanish Cup last season. Can't wait for the second leg now. Hope Barca win but would like a 3-2 or 4-3 although now I've said that it'll likely finish 0-0!

FA charge Newcastle and Arsenal with failing to control players and Arsenal's Alex Song for violent conduct. No charge for Joey Barton.

I've been hearing that rumour for about a week now.

Agree with Pav being underated I think if he was to sign for any other Prem League I think he could get 15+ goals a season for them it's just that it seems Him and "Arry" don't seem to get along to well and that is what is holding him back

City VS Swansea on right now, if your not familier with the Swansea squad then keep your eyes open for Sinclair and Dyer

Yeah I've £2 on Sinclair and £2 on routledge scoring first.

Well... Swansea tried.

The thought of Tevez, Aguero and Silva in the same team in slightly petrifying after tonight.

Swansea fought bravely until Dzeko's goal. I like them though.

Blackpool were the most entertaining team last year, and with their relegation we've taken two teams with similar styles to Blackpool in Swansea and Norwich. They just play end-to-end stuff.

Man city scare the shit out of me. Seriously. I hope Tevez leaves because if he doesn't Man city might just stroll this thing.

Swansea fought bravely until Dzeko's goal. I like them though.

Blackpool were the most entertaining team last year, and with their relegation we've taken two teams with similar styles to Blackpool in Swansea and Norwich. They just play end-to-end stuff.

They wern't even the most entertaining of the newly promoted teams last year.

I agree with Lee. West Brom played some fascinating football under Di Matteo ;)

I remember a nice carling cup game at Stamford Bridge.

Ooooooh the shola ameoooobi!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back