Dolph Ziggler Should Start A Stable

Wildcat66

Mastermind of ATV
Recently, it has been reported that the WWE is going to attempt to do another Superstar Shakeup after SummerSlam. One of the names that's been thrown around has been thrown around as a potential roster move to NXT is Dolph Ziggler.

If this ends up being confirmed, I could see him getting one last hurrah before he inevitably retires/goes to Japan/insert third option here.

In order to capitalize, I think Dolph Ziggler should start a stable alongside two other wrestlers who haven't gotten their due on SmackDown. Luke Harper and Apollo Crews. Their shtick could be that they're bitter because of the lack of respect or opportunities to succeed they've gotten on the main roster despite the work they put in day in and day out. And they take out their frustrations on the NXT roster. In short- a reverse Nexus situation.

At some point, you can have someone come to the defense of NXT like Drew McIntyre, Roderick Strong or maybe even have Bobby Roode of all people take on them.

I think this would be a win-win situation for all parties, gives people who aren't doing as well on the main roster a chance to show how good they can be on a smaller show and cement NXT's place as the new third brand of WWE.

I wouldn't mind if Ziggler formed some sort of stable if he moved to NXT, though Ziggler along with Harper and Crews strikes me as a pretty random bunch.

I don't think I'd mind seeing Ziggler form a stable, or possibly just a tag team, with Chad Gable. He and Gable are both highly athletic with highly accomplished backgrounds in amateur wrestling and I can see a little of the swaggering cockiness in Gable that's been a staple of Ziggler's persona.

One reason why I mentioned Gable is, if the stories are true about another shakeup and some main roster guys are going to NXT, that his future on the main roster is entirely up in the air right now. His team with Jason Jordan has been split, Jordan has been moved to Raw and is Kurt Angle's "son", so it's very easy to think that this may well be leading to a significant singles push for Jordan at some point, maybe to coincide with WrestleMania season. If the angle goes over well in the long run and Jordan impresses, I could easily see him being the young stud Triple H takes on at WrestleMania. Jordan is talented in the ring but he also has a great look, something that's a major priority with Vince. Jordan's about 6'3" and hovers around the 245-250 lbs. mark whereas Gable's about 5'8" and around 195-200 lbs. So yeah, if guys are going to be sent to NXT, Gable is someone that I think is a reasonable possibility.

I'd rather that if Ziggler goes to NXT that he's there scouting talent for a stable to bring him back up to the main roster instead of taking two random people. Also make it a big deal when they cross over as you can play up the whole they're turning their backs on the nxt fans by trying to take the shortcut ziggler is offering

Didn't they already do something like this a few years ago? When Ziggler, Erick Rowan and Ryback were all fired and then came back bitter and angry at the Authority? I don't know, maybe it was a different kind of story, but Ziggler has been the victim of so many quashed pushes that I don't know whether it's worth actually putting any sort of stable together in the first place. Although the NXT fan base may really appreciate something decent for Ziggler. I want something good for Ziggler to ensure a stable ride, even in the mid-card, but no matter what they do it never amounts to anything.

I really enjoy the idea though. Putting a long-term group of guys together in NXT because they're pissed at the treatment they've received. And while I agree putting guys like Ziggler and Harper together seems so random, I think that's kind of the point. Still, I'd rather keep someone like Harper alone and doing his own thing, or in a team with Rowan again. I wouldn't want to break the illusion that his character has left. The one thing that I would prefer though is if the "leader" of the group was an established star. I had this sort of idea before when CM Punk went through his anti-establishment phase. Him leading a group of guys deserving of a better spot seemed like such a real concept. Obviously that guy wouldn't be CM Punk now, and I don't think that Ziggler is accomplished enough to lead that group. Although in NXT I guess he would be.

Honestly, I don't see a great future for a guy like Ziggler anymore. I continued to hope but to no avail. He might be Intercontinental Champion again. He might be Tag Team Champion again. Hell, if he went to NXT, he might become NXT Champion. But if there's no story or direction to go with that, just like anything Ziggler has done since 2013, it's worthless. I hope I'm wrong and something like you suggest becomes a reality. But as newer and younger stars come through WWE, I don't know if Ziggler fits into the main picture anymore.

It's hard to see Dolph lead anything but if it is going to happen it should probably be in NXT. If it happened I think the group's focus should be getting their main roster spots back. They can use their numbers to beat and injure other NXT stars who are close to being "main roster ready". Basically being willing to do anything to keep others out and forcing WWE's hand to move them back up or else.

It's hard to see Dolph lead anything but if it is going to happen it should probably be in NXT. If it happened I think the group's focus should be getting their main roster spots back. They can use their numbers to beat and injure other NXT stars who are close to being "main roster ready". Basically being willing to do anything to keep others out and forcing WWE's hand to move them back up or else.

I like this idea. Sort of like a reverse Nexus. Instead of coming up to the main roster and destroying everyone. A group of "Main Roster Guys" attacking the up and coming guys who are trying to/or are taking their spots.

Ziggler's time has come and gone.

He's a fine wrestler, but everything he does is just boring.

Keep him on the main roster as a high-profile jobber or send him to NXT.

The ship has well and truly sailed on Dolph I'm afraid. It's sad, but he is an utter after thought in 2017. He could have been something, but for whatever reason, it wasn't meant to be. Good news though: he is probably making a very good living and should be able to retire whilst young and have a wonderful life.

Dolph Ziggler's contract was up in 2015, he had been a jobber for years and was in the middle of a horrendous feud with Rusev where fish where thrown. Everyone including me thinking ok his contract is up, he can go work on the indies and make just as much money and he gets to control his own schedule. But then HE RESIGNED at that moment I felt that Dolph Ziggler deserves being treated as a jobber and as a fool. When God opens a door for you and you decide to close it on his face you deserve what you are getting. I could care less what happens to him because he deserves everything he is getting.

I would repackage him along with 3 others in a 4 horseman type stable on Smackdown

Orton, Miz, Ziggler, & Corbin w/Flair as the manager

* Outside of the Miz all 3 of these men have gone relatively stale over the past few months. Put them together collectively and give them some air time.

Dolph ziggler is one of the best wrestlers in my eyes the man can make anybody look good..i will love to see him in a heel stable with chad gable, Pete Dunn , Mike kanellis with Maria and also nxt's Wesley blake that make it 5 men 1 women do you now how awesome this will be... HE CAN HELP ALL THESE MEN GET OVER

05_turin_0515_0186-1407779156.jpg

Yes!! I would like to see Dolph Ziggler take a few other Raw or Smackdown Stars with him to NXT and takeover!! I’d like to see him team up with Bobby Roode, The Authors of Pain, Asuka, and Pete Dunne, in a Ric Flair in Evolution (manager / SuperStar) type of role. This or they could even bring back the Spirit Squad and repackage them as a new version.

He was once in a group with Big E Langston and AJ Lee. They gave him the microphone. I was in attendance for a show he talked, and it was one of those moments where it reminded me "hey, you're watching a mediocre soap opera. Remember that when they kick each other in the face". Ziggler has as much presence as a guy in the lead of a junior high school auditorium play. It stunk. Maybe he has gained some chops, but because of past experiences I'm hesitant in wanting to see Dolph spearhead anything again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back