Dolph Ziggler - back on track faster than Swagger?

buddyriffic

Occasional Pre-Show
Thank you to anyone who views and responds to this thread, it is my first!

Awhile ago somebody posted a thread asking who would be back on a winning track first after being severely disrailed, Jack Swagger or Dolph Ziggler. Now we don't know how the rest of the Money in the Bank Ladder Match is going to look until it fills out but assuming that Swagger does not get in there.....does this mean that Ziggler has won this so-called competition? Does this mean that creative might have some sort of plan for Dolph in the year 2010? I sure hope so as I feel he can work many styles against many different opponents, and plays his heel role to a T. Tonight's showing was a very strong one for Dolph I feel, I think he proved he is worthy of a decent push and that now management might actually have some restored faith in the guy. Which I really didn't think was going to happen PRIOR to Wrestlemania, putting him on the card. Hell, with all the right luck and blessings I feel like he could even have a Hall of Fame career by the time it's all done. I still want to say that he can be a Curt Hennig, or a Rick Rude, in terms of pure in-ring ability and raw charisma.

So I guess my questions for everybody are: Does the fact that Dolph Ziggler has a spot at Wrestlemania truly mean anything for him or is it all just a bunch of filler? And do you think he is now "on track" to getting his career back more so than Jack Swagger? Do you think Swagger will earn a spot at Wrestlemania?

I was actually pretty surprised that he qualified.

I really don't think it's a filler because obviously they're not putting Morrison, Truth or McIntyre in. I agree with you that I hope it's a push. He really deserves one. They guy is talented, and he actually got a decent amount of heat tonight during his match. I really don't think he'll win MITB, but it's definitely a start.

I think this guy has a bright future. But not right now. He is only 29 years old, he has at least another ten years ahead of him. I agree he has some Hennig/Rude qualities...but he's not Hennig or Rude just yet. I think he needs another 2 or 3 years of mid card work.

In 2 or 3 years, some of the older guys will have gone on and retired, and that is when it will be time for him to get his big push. Maybe if the WWE were to wise up and actually make the U.S. and IC titles worth something, not everyone would be so impatient.

When I started watching wrestling in the late 80's, the IC belt was a BIG deal. It was a belt a guy would have been proud to have carried multiple times, for 6 months to a year for each reign, or even longer given the chance. Guys like Honky Tonk Man, Rick Rude, Mr. Perfect, The Ultimate Warrior (he was IC champ in his main event match with WWF Champion Hogan at Mania 6), Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Roddy Piper, Owen Hart, etc. etc.

Same thing with the U.S. title. Guys like Sting and Flair would come off of a WHC run, and be glad to put the U.S. belt around their waists.

The problem today is the fact that the WWE uses the US/IC belts as stepping stones, and NOTHING more, to the WHC/WWE title. I get really upset with fans for being so impatient, wanting guys who are too young to get to big of pushes, too early on. But it really isn't the fault of the fan. It is the WWE's fault for placing no pride, no prestige, no honor in their US or IC belts.

I think this guy has a bright future. But not right now. He is only 29 years old, he has at least another ten years ahead of him. I agree he has some Hennig/Rude qualities...but he's not Hennig or Rude just yet. I think he needs another 2 or 3 years of mid card work.

In 2 or 3 years, some of the older guys will have gone on and retired, and that is when it will be time for him to get his big push. Maybe if the WWE were to wise up and actually make the U.S. and IC titles worth something, not everyone would be so impatient.

When I started watching wrestling in the late 80's, the IC belt was a BIG deal. It was a belt a guy would have been proud to have carried multiple times, for 6 months to a year for each reign, or even longer given the chance. Guys like Honky Tonk Man, Rick Rude, Mr. Perfect, The Ultimate Warrior (he was IC champ in his main event match with WWF Champion Hogan at Mania 6), Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Roddy Piper, Owen Hart, etc. etc.

Same thing with the U.S. title. Guys like Sting and Flair would come off of a WHC run, and be glad to put the U.S. belt around their waists.

The problem today is the fact that the WWE uses the US/IC belts as stepping stones, and NOTHING more, to the WHC/WWE title. I get really upset with fans for being so impatient, wanting guys who are too young to get to big of pushes, too early on. But it really isn't the fault of the fan. It is the WWE's fault for placing no pride, no prestige, no honor in their US or IC belts.

Hey man I hear what you're saying. I don't feel I'm being unpatient though, I never said I wanted him to be pushed to the moon immediately. Just a little something for now, rather than him being buried. I would have been perfectly happy for that push to have been an IC title reign. In fact I was cheering for him in all 117 of his IC title matches. :banghead: And yeah give him his main push in a few years when some of the older guys have retired but if you don't keep him relevant up until that point then he won't be the one in line for a big push.

I actually like the addition of Ziggler in the MITB. I think a strong push heading into WM will allow Ziggler to look like a viable contender in the MITB match. Out of the four guys currently in the match I have Ziggler at the 2nd or 3rd best chance to win. Christian is obviously the favorite and I have Ziggler and Benjamin on the same level of chances of winning. And then Kane obviously last (though it would not surprise me one bit to see him win).

Onto the topic at hand, it does look like Ziggler will be back on track before Swagger. Unless of course Swagger qualifies for the MITB, which I think is completely reasonable. Both guys could be future stars if pushed correctly. It sucks that both of their pushes have tailed off, but they both can easily put back on track. Swagger needs a change of scenario and Ziggler just needs to get some quality wins, which looks to be the case right now.

I was very surprise to see him qualified and get a spot in the money and the back, Ziggler is a good wrestler, But just because he got a spot in the MITB that doesnt mean that he will be getting a push. Also im pretty sure that Ziggler wont win the MITB briefcase this year. Maybe next year but im sure this will be Christians year.

As for Swagger im sure that in the next weeks he might also get a spot in the MITB, I dont think he even has a chance of winning it, But we havent seen Swagger compete in a PPV match in a long time. And by having him in the MITB this will give him some momentum, And get him back in track. Maybe a an IC title reing when he gets drafted to SmackDown.

I was the one who posted the thread about Ziggler and Swagger, and my pick was Ziggler. With him on Smackdown, he has a better chance of getting more spotlight, and he was constantly put into IC title matches with Rey Mysterio and John Morrison. He didn't win the title, but still he was kept in the IC title picture. Swagger is on Raw, which has a VERY stacked roster. Sure he was put into a couple of US championship matches, but not as frequently as Ziggler was put into IC title matches. There's a chance Swagger can still qualify for MITB, but I think it's a very slim chance.

Ziggler being in MITB does mean something. He's in a match where the winner recieves a world title shot. That's a pretty big deal. Especially for Ziggler who seems to be getting back on track to another push.

Yeah I remember saying that Swagger was going to get back on track before Ziggler, looks like I was wrong there. Creative might not have any plans for him yet, but Ziggler being put in the MITB match is a good sign that he might get pushed again someday. I highly doubt he will win the match, but Ziggler is going to Wrestlemania and being on the card is almost never a bad thing. Swagger is not in a match for Wrestlemania yet, so Ziggler is more "on track" to getting his career back than Swagger is at the moment unless Swagger can get a place on the Wrestlemania card. I'd like to see Swagger in the MITB match too. That probably won't happen though, I don't think Swagger will earn a spot on the card because he has been booked terribly lately.... then again, Ziggler was booked rather badly for a while too. Perhaps we still haven't seen which one of the two TRULY gets their career back on track first. I'd say whoever wins a title between the two of them next does.

I don't think I posted in the original thread but I would of probably said Swagger as he looked more promising but seeing Ziggler on Smackdown last friday, I now think Ziggler will get pushed first. Ziggler always put on good performances and is solid in the ring, he got quite a lot of boo's when he stood outside the ring and that's always a good sign. If he worked on the mic a bit I think he could have a great future.

Obviously its got to be a little push, being on the card at Wrestlemania is pretty big and even bigger when fighting for the chance for a world heavyweight championship, not everyone can say that. He doesn't have a chance of winning it but if he put on a really good performance then that could lead to a bigger push.

Let me just point something out about the qualifying matches

Ziggler beats Morrison and R-Truth
Kane beats McIntyre
Shelton beats Punk

3 matches and none of them are won by the up and coming talent. To me that suggests that the MITB match this year isn't in any way a priority. Infact I expect this will be the year when the cash in fails (probably Christian Vs Edge if I was to take a guess). So no, Ziggler being in the match doesn't mean anything. This is Vince's way of protecting his real talent from losing to Christian, it's the Money In The Bank Jobber Match and you can expect Swagger, Carlito and Bourne to pick up surprising wins in the coming weeks.

I was pleasantly surprised to see Ziggler win his qualifying match as one would've thought that after main eventing a PPV, either Morrison or Truth would've qualified. I'm pleased to see WWE getting Ziggler back on track seeing that they seemingly dropped the ball on him after his feuds with Mysterio and Morrison. This could be the beginning of a great push for him especially if he has a good showing at MITB. As far as Swagger goes, we'll see if he can get back on track if he can qualify for MITB. If he loses then yeah Ziggler has been able to get back on track faster than him. Only time will tell.

On a side note, I'm also not sold on Morrison not being included in Wrestlemania in some way and I've said it many times and I'll say it again but I'm a huge Truth fan. I hope to see these two on the Wrestlemania card in some way, shape, or form because I'd really hate to see them excluded after main eventing the Elimination Chamber PPV.

Never say never remember the wrestlemania 23 MITB? Edge, Randy Orton, Booker T all main event talent but who won it? Mr. Kennedy
Also i was very upset when i saw CM Punk win the MITB twice in a row but seeing what became of him due to it i like it.
So Christian may not win and it might just be Ziggler.

Seems like it. It's too bad for Swagger though. I can't stand his mic work, but in the ring, he's pretty good.

Ziggler never gets on the mic though so I'm not sure how far they can push him with him talking some.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back