• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Does Yoshi Tatsu Belong on Raw?

Nate DaMac

Fuck erbody but me
Yoshi Tatsu​

yoshi-tatsu.jpg

So I'm dicking around on WWE.COM trying to come up with some idea for a thread when I stumble onto the Superstars page. For some reason, I am thoroughly surprised to see Yoshi's image on the list. I was completely unaware of him moving to Raw and I have no idea what happened. Upon further thinking, I start wondering....... Well, why? What reasoning did they have to put Yoshi on Raw? Given I'm not entirely sure he would excel on Smackdown either, but he stands absolutely no chance on Raw. There's not even any room in the Comedy Jobber portion of the roster for him.

So my question to you, Does Yoshi Tatsu stand any chance on the Raw roster?

Also if you are so inclined, tell me what you would do with Yoshi and whether or not you feel he has any potential in the company at all.

Personally, I think he's talented but he's not capable of being anything more than a comedy act in the current product. He's a face and he has an accent, so it's automatically impossible for him to be worked in anywhere but dark matches.

I would cut him, let him go somewhere else where he can be appreciated. Japanese wrestlers don't get any appreciation in the Mainstream wrestling world, and it was probably a mistake to hire him in the first place.

Go nuts, and don't spam up my fucking thread.

I think that he should be on Smackdown, but I disagree that he could only be used as a comedy jobber. Tatsu is pretty talented and was really getting over on ECW, enough to be nominated for "Breakout Star of the Year" during the Slammys. (Yes, I know it's all a WWE sham, but to be put alongside Sheamus who was the WWE Champion at the time still means something.)

He's pretty fun to watch, and he has great music. He could make a solid midcarder, putting people over while getting the occasional win. However I think that the midcard is too jam-packed on RAW, and he should be moved. I don't want to see a young promising talent like Tatsu get future endeavor'd just because there isn't room for him to be on TV. He's better than that.

I think that he should be on Smackdown, but I disagree that he could only be used as a comedy jobber. Tatsu is pretty talented and was really getting over on ECW, enough to be nominated for "Breakout Star of the Year" during the Slammys. (Yes, I know it's all a WWE sham, but to be put alongside Sheamus who was the WWE Champion at the time still means something.)

Well I'm not trying to say that he should be a Comedy Jobber because I don't like him, he is really talented and fun to watch. But what I'm getting at is the way the E handles foreign Superstars. If they have an accent, have a heel character, and are big enough, they are heel monsters. If they have an accent and have face characters, they're comedy Jobbers. For example, Kozlov and Santino. Whenever Yoshi was getting over on ECW, he was doing backstage segments with Christian and Goldust and shit. But the general focus was around his accent and inability to speak English. So in essence, he was still a Comedy Jobber, just less emphasis on the Jobber part.

Also, his music is pretty fucking sweet.

I believe Tatsu would be better suited on Smackdown. Raw's midcard is too crowded, and he's hardly getting television time. He was getting over in ECW, and he's good enough in the ring to put on a solid match.

As far his potential goes, I believe he has the opportunity to hold a midcard title, and that's about it. Unless he can speak English or is stuck with a translator for a manager, he won't go much further then that. And even if he were to win the midcard title, he has the type of character that it would come off as a fluke victory.

Well I'm not trying to say that he should be a Comedy Jobber because I don't like him, he is really talented and fun to watch. But what I'm getting at is the way the E handles foreign Superstars. If they have an accent, have a heel character, and are big enough, they are heel monsters. If they have an accent and have face characters, they're comedy Jobbers.

Very true.

Whenever Yoshi was getting over on ECW, he was doing backstage segments with Christian and Goldust and shit. But the general focus was around his accent and inability to speak English. So in essence, he was still a Comedy Jobber, just less emphasis on the Jobber part.

Also true. However, while the backstage segments were comedy, he was totally solid in the ring. I don't really see what the problem is with having a character who is both comedy and a strong competitor. The backstage segments with Goldust and Christian didn't hurt him in the slightest, and he wowed the fans with his flying feet. Comedy characters aren't necessarily bad if they're booked well enough, like Yoshi was on ECW. Santino is an example of a comedy character that has been used exclusively for comedy, while Tatsu was a comedy character who was booked seriously once he got in the ring.

I was a huge, huge fan of Yoshi Tatsu throughout his ECW run. He put on some very good to exciting matches with Christian, Shelton Benjamin, and Zack Ryder, and when he was used in comedy segments with the likes of Goldust and Christian, he very much held his own with two guys who are the most charismatic on the mic of this generation. He was getting over, he did what most wrestlers dream of... getting the audience to really respond to him. The WWE needs to realize that he's a huge asset in helping them get over to the Asian markets, and he needs to start gaining some traction.

He'll never be a main eventer, and I'm not sure if he'll even be a midcard champion, but most wrestling companies would love to have a guy like him who can get over and put on exciting matches. Raw is just too star-studded though, and he'll never get a chance on that brand. He is absolutely a very useful piece of the roster though, and he should get a chance to impress the fans every week on Smackdown.

Raw is way to crowded for Yoshi to survive and get a push.

Does that mean he has to go to a comedic jobber?...not necessarily... I agree with a couple of the post above and hope he makes it to next years draft. However I really can't see them keeping him almost a year when they have absolutely nothing for him. You got to think too, once Zeke gets back that just another spot taken on Raw. Not to mention the NXT guys are just doing run-ins right now and not even taking matches.

Yoshi was very over on ECW, and it'd be a shame if he was to get released simply because creative had nothing for him. I guess they can continue to see if he'll get over on Superstars.. but we'll see.

Yoshi is good, I would like to see him go over to smackdown with a heel turn, and maybe a get a Valet, and feud with Matt Hardy or MVP.. His heel should be something like how the Great Muta was.. really Dark, non-demonic but just Villian. maybe some facepaint.

Yoshi is very good, what i don't understand is that why they put him on Raw. I have no problem with him being on raw, but problem is that Raw got too many guys on there. Give time to become a great star, he needs to be put on smackdown along with everybody else who needs to be pushed and honestly there a lot of space in smackdown.. I think everybody hear agrees he needs to be on smackdown no question about that...Some times WWE puzzles when it comes to drafts what ya'll think about that??

Tatsu needs to leave RAW, he doesn't belong there and won't ever get over. If he moves to Smackdown! however, all I can see him doing is being a solid midcard guy who never wins a title. I mean honestly, can anyone else see Tatsu winning the IC title? I can't.

It's a shame that it's so hard for foreign wrestlers, (especially ones who can't speak english) to get over as a face, I think Tatsu is a fantastic talent, he's quick in the ring and can get over with his in ring skills alone. Like others, I hope he can make it to the draft, and go to Smackdown! The only reason the WWE would (and should) keep Tatsu around is so they can have another guy who can wrestle anybody and have a solid match, good in ring technicians are always needed to help get guys over and I think Tatsu could do a fine job in that role.

He really makes me wish the WWE would get their Tag Division straight. They have so many guys and pairings they could make that would create an awesome Tag Division.

With that being said, I think Yoshi being on Raw is a waste of his time. He would fit much better on Smackdown, where he can face people more suitable to his style. But even on Smackdown, what would you do with him currently? He hasnt had any memorable feuds, never really got a big push...there really isnt anything to him yet.

I'd like to see them tag him up with someone like Evan Bourne (even though Bournes getting a big push right now), or heck, have him start a mini something with Mysterio. He could really benefit from a big time rub (look what Cena's rub on the Miz did for him). I dont know. I think he's got all the talent in the world, but unfortunately he'll never get his fair shake.

Raw is too crowded for Yoshi to succeed. I'll admit I'm not a fan of Yoshi, but he is over with the kids and I think he would have a decent chance to have a run on SD. He got off to a hot start by defeating Shelton Benjamin on ECW and continued to put on solid matches throughout his run on ECW. Being moved to Raw was a risky move and Yoshi is hardly ever on TV and when he is it is mostly on WWE Superstars. If Yoshi were moved to SD he'd have a chance to get some midcard action and feud with the likes of Dolph Ziggler or even find a partner and take on Hawkins and Archer. Right now Yoshi is lost in the shuffle and I think that is how it might stay and the Japanese sensation will find his way to a future endeavor.

No, they guy is a waste on RAW, if he was on Smackdown right now they'd use him much better. Smackdown has a way of working with some young talent that RAW can't manage to get over with the crowd. Maybe he could team with Chris Masters and he might win a match/do something.

I think Yoshi only stands a chance as being a lower mid carder on RAW, Raw is so packed with pushed talent and main eventer's that Tatsu doesn't fit in their much now, if he was to be on Smackdown he'd have chance, while i don't see him holding titles, he'd be properly used on SD!. It just a shame their is no cruiserweight division with a title anymore, he could carry that division along with a few others, but that won't happen.

As for his in ring work, Tatsu is very good, i just wish he'd get some new moves, it does get boring watching his stuff in the ring occassionally, but overall very entertaining.

Tatsu is much better suited for SmackDown. There's no room for him on Raw, and it's evident by him, you know, not being around, ever. He's just like Evan Bourne, in the sense that he's just used to be squashed by guys much bigger than he is. It makes me so angry that guys like Tatsu, and Jimmy Wang Yang, and guys like that, never get used. Seriously, they barely have a cruiserweight division. They have Rey Mysterio, who is somehow holding the heavyweight championship, and everyone else reduced to comedy jobbing.

Seriously, let the main-eventers handle the main-event, and then create a very solid cruiserweight division. There's no reason why we need to have 5 guys in the main event, and everyone else teetering on mid-card and main-event like the Miz is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back