• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Does the UFC need a revised judging system?

scottyshowman82

Getting Noticed By Management
It seems after almost every pay per view, Dana White is standing the post fight press conference as reporters ask him if they agreed with a judge's decision. There are many times when he does not agree with the judges. Personally I wish there was a way that MMA could make the judging system more concise. Just look at the recent bout championship with Benson Henderson and Frankie Edgar. Edgar landed more punches however based on damage during the fight Edgar looked like he got mugged in a New York alley and Benson didn't have a scratch on him. I think they should have a system of what criteria out weighs another criteria. Is shoots landed > visual damage after a fight or vice versa?

It's disheartening for the fighters, fans and even the promoters when time and time and time again these decesions keep happening. If there was a proper universal system in place I think there would be less controvesy. Thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back