Does Pro Wrestling Need Hulk Hogan Again?

Tenta

The Shark Should've Worked in WCW
Times are tough, and especially at this juncture, all of pro wrestling is completely struggling. However, when there's ever been a time when pro wrestling, one man always seems to come back to help it out of the gutter it has found itself in. One man, no matter how old, always gets a pop. One man sells the tickets (with the possible exception of Stone Cold) like no one ever in professional wrestling. And usually when the pro wrestling business is in the toilet, one man can turn it around pretty damn quickly....

128777313445442780.jpg

Whoops............. Wrong picture.....

hulk_hogan_2.jpg

Let's avoid the obvious of what he did for the WWF in the 1980s.

Consider it, when the WWF and WCW were really starting to flounder, WCW finally made the big move and signed Hulk Hogan. Hulk Hogan led to people becoming interested in WCW, and from there it's all pretty much history. Hulk turns heel. The Monday Night War begins. Pro Wrestling is saved, yet again. I'm not saying Hulk had everything to do with it, but it'd be ignorant to discard what he did to save this era of pro wrestling.

Even when he came back in 2002-2003, Hulk always managed to provide entertaining television, and saved WWE from the booking that ultiamtely might have created a down period, even then for the WWE. In a way, the WWE could be in a lot more trouble than it is right now, and part of the way they dodged the bullet was by.... Yes, Hulk Hogan.

So, if even for a year or two, could one of the big two sign Hulk Hogan to a limited schedule contract to try to drum up business again? It always does to seem to work... Why not go to the Hulkamania well once more?

Oh, and for those that say he's in tons of trouble, remember... When he left for WCW, he was hot off of steroid accusations that threatened to bring him down. Seems like he made it out of that pretty well, eh?

No. What could Hogan possibly provide the WWE? A cheap nostalgia pop? That's not a solution to anything. Besides, at this point Hogan has such bad press going for him that I don't think the PG version of the WWE wants to touch him with a ten foot pole. He can barely walk.

How about the WWE does what it started to do last week? With Undertaker, Shawn and Hunter taking time off they'll just push the young guys who are insanely over like Orton, MVP, Jeffikins and Punk.

I know. It's a novel concept.

No. What could Hogan possibly provide the WWE? A cheap nostalgia pop? That's not a solution to anything. Besides, at this point Hogan has such bad press going for him that I don't think the PG version of the WWE wants to touch him with a ten foot pole. He can barely walk.

How about the WWE does what it started to do last week? With Undertaker, Shawn and Hunter taking time off they'll just push the young guys who are insanely over like Orton, MVP, Jeffikins and Punk.

I know. It's a novel concept.

I am willing to wager any and all of Hogan's "bad press" wouldn't register whatsoever when he shows up to an arena to perform. You think any of that stuff actually matters to wrestling fans, when it comes to their nostalgia? Fans absolutely could not care less about that stuff. The only people who are naive enough to think otherwise are Hogan detractors.

With that being said, WWE needs a new marquee star, and John Cena's current character as it currently is, isn't going to become the next Hogan, Austin, or Rock. And yes, the PG rating plays a big hand in this, because his character is restricted in what he can and can not do ... and what he can, and can not say. So all of you fans of today's one PG product, have nobody but yourselves to blame, since you essentially support the product which restricts the next breakout star from occurring.

Cena is trying to be a modern day Hulk Hogan, and it just isn't cutting it. The days of the Goody Two Shoes face being popular have passed. Put Cena back as the Rapper he was originally, and it is very arguable that he could have been the next big star that would have came very close to the Rock's level. He wouldn't have touched Austin or Hogan, but he could have been within reach of someone's level like The Rock.

When WWE began toning that character down, and he stopped doing the raps each week consistently, that is when it went all downhill from there.

No. WWE seems to be committed to using its summer to push some of the mid-card stars up to main-event status (but not OVER pushing), and any kind of Hogan involvement would really sabotage that. It would be like the WWE putting a wet band-aid on a moderately bleeding wound. It might clean up some of the problem, but the band-aid isn't going to stay on...and the bleeding will stick around.

No. Case in point: Summerslam 2005 and 2006. Hogan went over Shawn Michaels and Randy Orton in the real main events, and there was absolutely no reason whatsoever to do that. Shawn and Randy were staying in the company as active wrestlers, and Hogan disappeared. What possible reason would there be for Hogan to beat either of them? He made it look like either of them couldn't be a 50+ year old man in a straight match. When Hogan shows up, all eyes are on him. That isn't good now as he's not going to be a regular wrestler and is there for just awhile. A one night appearence is fine, but nothing more than that.

Bringing Hogan back to the WWE would be completely counterproductive. There is no way Hogan is gonna job to anyone, so even if it does give the WWE a short term ratings boost, it'll harm them in the long run, when some of their top stars are beaten by a guy in his mid fifties who can barely move

Answer is simple, NO. Any talent facing Hogan now will get a bad rub either way. That is why I thing he was not considered into the Final Plan at WM 25. I mean it was not the best of them but having Hogan there would have taken away from any other attraction that the WWE was hoping to keep during the rest of the Year even if it was not good at all.

Now for any new comer not being able beat him would do more harm than good. It didn't do anything for Randy when he jobbed at Summerslam to Hogan, actuallly they had to bring Edge out to help him get over again since he looked like he was doomed.

God no. That's all I'm saying. God no. And in case you don't believe me God actually called me last night to tell me to tell you that.

NO! Dear god no.
WWE needs to be going in the opposite direction!

We need new young main eventers. WWE can't rely on Hulk Hogan when times are bad. Otherwise they're pretty fucked when he dies!

I think short term it could help to bring in Hogan for few months. The main event scene is getting stale with the same recycled feuds over and over again like Edge vs Cena, Orton vs Triple H. Their is a couple of dream matches Hogan could still have against Edge, Cena.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back