• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Does Axl need Slash and the others as much as they need him???

Alex

King Of The Wasteland
You all know the thing about Guns N Roses and how all the classic lineup save for Axl Rose left. Now Axl Rose got a new group together that kept changing and he eventually released Chinese Democracy, it was alright but not as good as everyone was expecting (mainly due to the time elapsed)

The other members (Slash, Duff McKagan and Matt Sorum) formed Velvet Revolver with Stone Temple Pilots frontman Scott Weiland, they released two albums (Contraband and Libertad) before Weiland went back to STP. These two albums were good also, but didn't have a awesome feel to it.

Slash released his debut solo album this year with guest musicians. This to was a good album but not great as Slash didn't really push himself that much in my opinion.

Axl Rose is in his current incarnation of Guns N Roses which seems to be inconsistant with playing, sometimes they're good, sometimes they're not.

Slash is currently touring with Alter Bridge singer Myles Kennedy, he to seems to be coasting along as well, while he still plays well it's just the same stuff as before.

Duff McKagan is the new bassist for Jane's Addiction and is currently working on new material with them, as to whether this will go anywhere remains to be seen.

Izzy Stradlin seems to be doing his own thing and Steven Adler unfortunately is battling a drug problem while Matt Sorum is also doing his own thing.

What I'm trying to say as much as they've tried these guys can't seem to replicate the chemistry they had with one another with anybody else and the best they can get is 'alright'.

Slash doesnt need anyone, the man is fine on his own or touring with other bands. Axl on the other hand is just a mess. Chinese Democracy which took what? 5 years to come out? Was terrible. And his voice is either shot or he just does give a damn any more.

Slash could join a huge band any time there is an opening, and he would fit in excellently, we could never say the same for Axl, especially because of the man's massive ego.

Chinese Democracy took about 12 I think.

Thing is though, while Slash could join any band and play well, he probably wouldn't have the same chemistry as with the other Guns. Since leaving Guns N Roses, Slash has had around three different projects and while they've been good they just don't have the same impact as when he was with Guns N Roses.

Who gives a shit? They're all overrated hacks, the only one who was ever worth a shit was Slash and that was purely because of his skills on a guitar. Guns N Roses are such an overrated group and I scoff at people who throw them up there with groups like the Stones or The Who because it's ridiculous and they were never even 1/100th as talented as those guys were.

Does Axl need Slash? No, Axl needs rehab and a firm smack in the face to get his ego straight. He should realize GNR is dead, and just let it be dead, you got more fame and success then you ever deserved anyways.

Man, fuck Guns n Roses, seriously. Such a terribly overrated group, one decent album does not make you a rock and roll hall of fame group.

Slash and His SOLO band are doing awesome by themselves. W/Myles Kennedy AKA Mr.Best Rock Vocalist in the last 20 years.
Where as Axl and the newest Incarnation are doing just fine, I seen them live. And
they were awesome. So the question is, does Axl need Slash? NO he does not, nothing changes really about the music being played live, Axl was the voice of GNR and thats what you hear first. As a musician and HUGE GNR fan I know how things work. All in all, they are both fine without each other a one time only Rock n' Roll HOF show would be a treat with the ORIGINAL band with appearances of the people who wrote the earlier songs.

Slash and His SOLO band are doing awesome by themselves. W/Myles Kennedy AKA Mr.Best Rock Vocalist in the last 20 years.
Where as Axl and the newest Incarnation are doing just fine, I seen them live. And
they were awesome. So the question is, does Axl need Slash? NO he does not, nothing changes really about the music being played live, Axl was the voice of GNR and thats what you hear first. As a musician and HUGE GNR fan I know how things work. All in all, they are both fine without each other a one time only Rock n' Roll HOF show would be a treat with the ORIGINAL band with appearances of the people who wrote the earlier songs.

as a muscian also, I know how things work. not because you have the vocalist/frontman of a band, that means that they don't need the rest of the band. In the case of a band like Motörhead, your formula applies. why? cause Lemmy is fucking GOD!...errr... I mean the founding member of the band, therefore he was the guy that defined the sound of the band.
Another example? AC/DC. the band lost the vocalist who helped to define the sound of AC/DC. however they were able to find a great (if not better) replacement for Bon Scott, Brian Johnson. obviously this is an extreme example but it show's how a BAND'S WORK is bigger than a vocalist.

In the case of Axl Rose, he isn't the founding member of GnR. obviously he helped alot to define the sound of the band, but it wasn't only HIS work. I mean, GnR is an ACTUAL B A N D! not the "Axl Rose band". all the members of GnR Axl, Slash, Duff, Matt and the other guy that I can't remember his name contributed to the sound of the band. they were synchronized and had TONS of chemistry. even if Axl was the guy that wrote the lyrics, all members wrote the music and that defines a sound/genre of a band.

anyway, IMO Slash is doing just fine without the asshole known as Axl Rose. the other members are in their own thing for a while now,so I don't think they even want to do play another GnR song! lol.

as for Axl, it took him more than a freaking decade to release "Chinese Democracy"! more than a DECADE! what does that say about ANY musician? it say that he has lost it. yeah, he can sing, he can put a show, can he write music on his own?:disappointed: definitely not, Axl Rose is living the legacy that the BAND Guns 'n' Roses left for him. I think that he needs to create his proper sound by doing a solo project. not by trying to recreate a sound that is today pretty lame.

basically, if Axl Rose is (trying to) using the name/sound of GnR, FUCK HIM! he needs the band, he needs, Slash, Duff etc. not the other way around.

as a muscian also, I know how things work. not because you have the vocalist/frontman of a band, that means that they don't need the rest of the band. In the case of a band like Motörhead, your formula applies. why? cause Lemmy is fucking GOD!...errr... I mean the founding member of the band, therefore he was the guy that defined the sound of the band.
Another example? AC/DC. the band lost the vocalist who helped to define the sound of AC/DC. however they were able to find a great (if not better) replacement for Bon Scott, Brian Johnson. obviously this is an extreme example but it show's how a BAND'S WORK is bigger than a vocalist.And as for Axl not being a founding member, do your fucking homework, He combines Hollywood Rose with LA Guns, he hired slash and them boys. They didn't hire him. Know your history..

In the case of Axl Rose, he isn't the founding member of GnR. obviously he helped alot to define the sound of the band, but it wasn't only HIS work. I mean, GnR is an ACTUAL B A N D! not the "Axl Rose band". all the members of GnR Axl, Slash, Duff, Matt and the other guy that I can't remember his name contributed to the sound of the band. they were synchronized and had TONS of chemistry. even if Axl was the guy that wrote the lyrics, all members wrote the music and that defines a sound/genre of a band.

anyway, IMO Slash is doing just fine without the asshole known as Axl Rose. the other members are in their own thing for a while now,so I don't think they even want to do play another GnR song! lol.

as for Axl, it took him more than a freaking decade to release "Chinese Democracy"! more than a DECADE! what does that say about ANY musician? it say that he has lost it. yeah, he can sing, he can put a show, can he write music on his own?:disappointed: definitely not, Axl Rose is living the legacy that the BAND Guns 'n' Roses left for him. I think that he needs to create his proper sound by doing a solo project. not by trying to recreate a sound that is today pretty lame.

basically, if Axl Rose is (trying to) using the name/sound of GnR, FUCK HIM! he needs the band, he needs, Slash, Duff etc. not the other way around.
I proudly disagree with what your saying, Picture GNR with a different front man... yeah it doesn't look to great does it? Axl defines GNR's sound BUT also slash, audiences look forward to the voice and stage antics the most as long as it sounds the same, they DO NOT care.
For example look at Skid Row, they kicked out Sebastian Bach.... look at them not, Bach is playing stadiums and such while they have hard times getting to play bars. Thats a good example of how one loss from the band especially it's front man is crucial.
Imagine Alter Bridge without Myles Kennedy... that would just be terrible sounding. Because sure the instrumentals are awesome but Myles' voice defines there music and how they are heard. And I didn't even say it was the Axl Rose band, and from the older bands Axl isn't exactly the only member we do still have Dizzy Reed who GREATLY changed there music in the 90's and helped them be made into something not just some hard rock band.

Axl isn't a douche it's how the media portrays him, I'm sure if you had a band member (Duff) get knocked out from a bottle being thrown at his head on stage, you would be pissed to if you seen bottles and what not flying on stage. AND EVEN SLASH says that there so called "feud" is how the media portrays it, he even says in interviews that half the shit they say isn't true about them. Axl is a pretty nice guy, step in his shoes, you wouldn't last. Not anybody would..... I don't prefer Axl or Slash or vice versa to be honest, I like Duff out of all them the most. Cause he was a huge part of that band as well.

I proudly disagree with what your saying, Picture GNR with a different front man... yeah it doesn't look to great does it? Axl defines GNR's sound BUT also slash, audiences look forward to the voice and stage antics the most as long as it sounds the same, they DO NOT care.
For example look at Skid Row, they kicked out Sebastian Bach.... look at them not, Bach is playing stadiums and such while they have hard times getting to play bars. Thats a good example of how one loss from the band especially it's front man is crucial.
Imagine Alter Bridge without Myles Kennedy... that would just be terrible sounding. Because sure the instrumentals are awesome but Myles' voice defines there music and how they are heard. And I didn't even say it was the Axl Rose band, and from the older bands Axl isn't exactly the only member we do still have Dizzy Reed who GREATLY changed there music in the 90's and helped them be made into something not just some hard rock band.

Axl isn't a douche it's how the media portrays him, I'm sure if you had a band member (Duff) get knocked out from a bottle being thrown at his head on stage, you would be pissed to if you seen bottles and what not flying on stage. AND EVEN SLASH says that there so called "feud" is how the media portrays it, he even says in interviews that half the shit they say isn't true about them. Axl is a pretty nice guy, step in his shoes, you wouldn't last. Not anybody would..... I don't prefer Axl or Slash or vice versa to be honest, I like Duff out of all them the most. Cause he was a huge part of that band as well.

As I said before, Axl indeed contributes alot to the defining sound of GnR. However, as I said before, the sound of GnR is defined by a group effort and not individual.

now you take the example of Sebastian Bach. I took the example of AC/DC with Brian Johnson/Bon Scott. One band is lacking of protagonism as the other one has the third most selling record on the history of music! Anyway, what I wanted to say is that Sebastian Bach is having success (relatively) by HIMSELF, not by living of the shadow/legacy of his former band. Don't you agree that Axl might need a solo project in order to make his OWN music?

Well as for the egomaniac that Axl is, you might be just right. Is pretty well known that medias exagerates all these "feuds" between artists. Is the case for Dave Mustaine and James Hetfield, Lars Ulrich, right?

btw: like you man! is it me, or is great to debate things that aren't wrestling (specially music)?

As I said before, Axl indeed contributes alot to the defining sound of GnR. However, as I said before, the sound of GnR is defined by a group effort and not individual.

now you take the example of Sebastian Bach. I took the example of AC/DC with Brian Johnson/Bon Scott. One band is lacking of protagonism as the other one has the third most selling record on the history of music! Anyway, what I wanted to say is that Sebastian Bach is having success (relatively) by HIMSELF, not by living of the shadow/legacy of his former band. Don't you agree that Axl might need a solo project in order to make his OWN music?

Well as for the egomaniac that Axl is, you might be just right. Is pretty well known that medias exagerates all these "feuds" between artists. Is the case for Dave Mustaine and James Hetfield, Lars Ulrich, right?

btw: like you man! is it me, or is great to debate things that aren't wrestling (specially music)?

Yeah, haha I love non-wrestling debates. But yes In my opinion I think that Axl should have made a more successful solo career, cause obviously we would have the same music as on Chinese Democracy (Maybe somewhat different) but he wouldn't have been bashed on for trying to keep the old GNR train rolling. Exactly, what you said about Lars,James & Dave. They made amends years ago, but Media and fan boys kept that train a rollin' all night long. Just recently they were all hugging and playing together on stage.
In a perfect world, I wish either for a reunion to happen, or have Axl just have a solo career for a couple albums and what not.

Slash and Axl will never be as successful as, or produce music as good as, when they were together in GnR...FACT

However, I love what Slash is doing now. Velvet Revolver were a really good band, they did 2 quality albums and are still on the lookout for a new vocalist. When they eventually find one, with the talent of the guys in the band I am sure they will profuce another top drawer album.

Slash's solo stuff is also great, Myles is a great choice to sing on tour for him, and the album shows Slash's awesome ability to play so many styles of music. He had a good spot on the bill at Glastonbury, a small but sold out UK tour, with more dates coming soon, and is one of the most respected musicians around.

Axl on the other hand is becoming more and more of a joke every year. He once was a true rock god, but Chinese Democracy failed to live up to the epic expectations everyone had for it, after taking soooo long to release and the songs felt aged on its release (which is not surprising as some were over a decade old already!)

The "NEW" GnR got booed off again at Leeds festival this year, and tickets for their upcoming UK tour are just obscenely priced- its less than a mile from my house and I am not bothering to go- £50 a ticket to see a fat Axl and a random group of musicians? NO THANKS!

Axl and Slash are unlikely to ever play together again IMO. I think Slash wouls be willing to think about it, but after listening to Axl and reading about him, and knowing how big his ego is- I dont think he'd even consider the idea. He still thinks he is the best in the world.

Axl Rose needs Slash to ever hope to regain the popularity or position he once held, but I think Slash is doing just fine on his own

Slash and Axl will never be as successful as, or produce music as good as, when they were together in GnR...FACT

However, I love what Slash is doing now. Velvet Revolver were a really good band, they did 2 quality albums and are still on the lookout for a new vocalist. When they eventually find one, with the talent of the guys in the band I am sure they will profuce another top drawer album.

Slash's solo stuff is also great, Myles is a great choice to sing on tour for him, and the album shows Slash's awesome ability to play so many styles of music. He had a good spot on the bill at Glastonbury, a small but sold out UK tour, with more dates coming soon, and is one of the most respected musicians around.

Axl on the other hand is becoming more and more of a joke every year. He once was a true rock god, but Chinese Democracy failed to live up to the epic expectations everyone had for it, after taking soooo long to release and the songs felt aged on its release (which is not surprising as some were over a decade old already!)

The "NEW" GnR got booed off again at Leeds festival this year, and tickets for their upcoming UK tour are just obscenely priced- its less than a mile from my house and I am not bothering to go- £50 a ticket to see a fat Axl and a random group of musicians? NO THANKS!

Axl and Slash are unlikely to ever play together again IMO. I think Slash wouls be willing to think about it, but after listening to Axl and reading about him, and knowing how big his ego is- I dont think he'd even consider the idea. He still thinks he is the best in the world.

Axl Rose needs Slash to ever hope to regain the popularity or position he once held, but I think Slash is doing just fine on his own

Half of the shit you say is untrue lmao. A bunch of media bull shit. They didn't get boo'ed off of leeds? You must be crazy and with the 'Fat Axl' bullshit, you try being a 50 year old man and having a 20 year olds body. Chinese Democracy was an amazing album, I prefer old GNR more but it was a highly complex album. People like you make feuds seem worse off. Heckler please get the fuck out of here, I know you entitled to your opinion. But please next time keep your mouth shut. That was just rubbish :)

Half of the shit you say is untrue lmao. A bunch of media bull shit. They didn't get boo'ed off of leeds? You must be crazy and with the 'Fat Axl' bullshit, you try being a 50 year old man and having a 20 year olds body. Chinese Democracy was an amazing album, I prefer old GNR more but it was a highly complex album. People like you make feuds seem worse off. Heckler please get the fuck out of here, I know you entitled to your opinion. But please next time keep your mouth shut. That was just rubbish :)

FFS man, chill the fuck out!

Chinese Democracy is a decent album, I own it, I like it. I don't think its as good as the original line ups material, but if you think it's amazing...thats your opinion.

I admit, I wasnt at the Leeds or Reading festivals this year, but alot of my friends were there and said how shocking G'n'R were, coming on really late as usual and just sounding shit. I saw that either Leeds or Reading (cant remember which) had been given a 1K rating in Kerrang....so it cant have been very good compared to how awesome the band used to be live.

So all I said is a load of media bullshit??? Apart from the Leeds comment/Axl being fatter, almost EVERYTHING else I said is my own opinions on how I rate Chinese Democracy, Velvet Revolver and Slashs solo stuff, so get off Axl's dick and think before you slag people off.

And how do you get your information on bands/singers and their feuds? Through books, magazines and the internet....same as everyone else

But hey, if thats all media bullshit, maybe I should go round to Axls for a cup of tea and ask him myself, like you obviously have..... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back