Do you think these are good factions for Smackdown

thewrestlinghero

Pre-Show Stalwart
I just want to no what are you opinoins on these faction i think are good idea for smackdown with the current wwe talent some of these ideas you may though of first but i just want to no what do you guys think of mine and i will explain why they would work

funaki jimmy wang yang and gail kim I think this would be a good faction because all three of them work well in the ring when they are fighting some one there size they can have good fueds with miz and morrsion cryme tyme and priceless and gail kim can go after the divas title and try to make it a credabilty womens title

ranjin signn and tony attlas would be the managers and the wrestlers in the faction would be the great khail mark henrey and the big show and possible koslav they would be a unstable monster stable being contender for the mid card and the world title and then they can dominate smackdown

Umaga sim snuka manu they could be a badass wild samoan stable and take out people on the roosta and be a good contender for the mid card or world tag titles

well those are just three ideas what are your thoughts on these factions

Faction's in this day of wrestling are basically useless. There is no point in giving mid carders or jobbers a faction when there is a lot of stuff currently going on in the mid card and main event. First there is no room, Second there is no need and Third there is no use. The only reason I could see a faction getting into the WWE is if they're involved with the McMahon's like Legacy or if they were to feud with a lot of main eventers, which there is as I've mentioned above no need.

A Stable consiting of two jobbers in Funaki & Jimmy Wang Yang.....are you taking the piss? The current gimmicks of Funaki & Yang are pathetic & the exact reason why non wrestling fans laugh at wrestling. Both should be fired for being the shits.

Your 2nd stable is shit also.

Your 3rd stable consisting of Manu, Snuka & Umaga is somthing myself have thought about & could be a good idea buyt i dont see it happening anytime soon.

Off the top of my head i here is the factions i think would be decent & worthwhile.............

Orton,Rhodes,Dibiase,Harry Smith (
Legacy with 4th member)

Cena,R-Truth,Shad,JTG
(rap/thug/street gimmick faction - i think they would go well together)

Miz,Morrison,Kendrick - possibly Santino
(i think they would go well together & would be entertaining:lsabre:)

Regal,Finlay,Sheamus O'Shaunessy,Drew McIntyre
(All from Britain,Two Veterans, Sheamus is going to be a big star, could always add Hornswoggle or a valet in Katie Lea)

Edge,Christian,Tomko
(They all have history, i would only have them as tag team for special occasions, backup in tomko)

Snuka,Umaga,Manu
(it would give Snuka & Manu something worthwhile)

Vince McMahon,Triple H,JBL,Big Show, Mr Kennedy
(probabaly have more members, Corportaion type faction similar to 1998/99, JBL & Big Show would easily sellout to Vince McMahon, Mr Kennedy could be the star to be elevated to the main events due to association with group possibly due to friction with Triple H. HHH is the son in law of McMahon)

funaki jimmy wang yang and gail kim - this would just be pointeless

great khail mark henrey the big show and koslav - i would actually enjoy watching this...maybe seeing them dominating mid carders for a few months then it all culminating in the ultimate david vs goliath match at survious series against the likes of rey mysterio, even bournce etc....then from here they could NEVER SHOW ANOTHER DAVID AND GOLIATH LIKE MATCH OR STORYLINE EVER AGAIN....

Umaga sim snuka manu - sim snuka doesn't look samoan enough...manu is basically a baby umaga...wouldn't work for me

The Wang Yang, Funaki, Kim group would only work if Funaki and Yang were taken seriously. Yang is a joke, GREAT athlete, but to make him not a joke any longer would mean changing the name Jimmy Wang Yang and having him be a silly "Redneck" Cowboy. Kung Fu Naki would just have to go back to Funaki and take his matches a little more seriously. And Gail Kim is pretty much ready. Yeah, and it would make the mid-card alittle fuller, the tag team division at least. We already knw Kim will impact the womens division.

I don't wanna see Big Show part of that monster faction. None of these guys seem like they'd work well together actually. Maybe Show/Henry and Khali/Kozlov? And that's stretching it.

Snuka and Manu need to be able to go up to Umaga's level. I'm sure their characters will get better when they do return. What I wanna see more is a strong tag team.Maybe Snuka and Manu will be the strong tag team and Umaga will be the strong singles competitor.

Legacy having a fourth member would be stupid. Especially Harry Smith since he's already going to be part of The New Hart Foundation. Smith just isn't like the other guys in it. Plus I think Legacy will be a short term stable. Orton is using it leading into WM. Orton will no use for those guys once his "legacy" is fulfilled.

Legacy having a fourth member would be stupid. Especially Harry Smith since he's already going to be part of The New Hart Foundation.
That was officially scrapped like a year ago

Plus I think Legacy will be a short term stable. Orton is using it leading into WM. Orton will no use for those guys once his "legacy" is fulfilled.

I have my doubts about that. They've put a lot of effort into teasing who will be in the group and then having it be official to just end it once Orton wins the title at WM, if he wins it. It's more heelish for Orton to want those guys by his side to sustain his "legacy"than just to help fulfill it.

As for the stables presented in the first post I don't see a need for Funaki, Yang, and Kim. To me that's like people when people propose throwing random African Americans together and calling it the New Nation meaning that there isn't really a defined reason to have the group. Not that thereis anything wrong with random groups being formed if they end up with a defined purpose but I don't think that one would be something that too many people would care about The big man stable would be fun to see though we saw a short term version of a big man stable at a SS years ago and I'm not sure if WWE would want a longer termed deal like that cause of the obvious dominating aspect.

I've always wanted to see a Flock or Natural Born Thrillers like stable again where several wrestlers that otherwise might not be cared about team up. They may not get a lot of matches but they'd still have a purpose instead of being released cause of "nothing creative." Then again with the wgn show starting soon more people will maybe have a "purpose" as is.

With that in mind I don't think that there is a need for too many stables other than the occasional legacy like one with a a few people involved.

The only faction that should be on Smackdown would be Miz/Morrison along with Kendrick/Ezekiel Jackson.

I have been reading these posts now for awhile and none of those factions make sense, but there is only one way to keep Legacy going to make it one of the best ever. They need to make Shane come back at wrestle mania and turn on HHH and join Legacy! He can say he does not want to be in the shadow of his dad, .... this would be the best move in wrestling since the NWO!

i thought about the whole shane being apart of LEGACY and that actually doesn't sound like such a bad idea to me he could lead them and vince can start his COPORATION again with TRIPLE H the leader and maybe guys like MR. KENNEDY & JACK SWAGGER OR BRIAN KENDRICK under him

ALSO..
i've said this many timess and i think
BATISTA leading his own stable with MANU & SIM SNUKA sounds like a pretty good idea to me...UMAGA isn't over enough to lead a stablee and i think BATISTA would help get MANU & SNUKA over

and i like the idea of having CENA/R-TRUTH/CRYME TYME

Way to predictable, and I don't see why Shane would join Legacy. It wouldn't surprise me if it happened because the WWE has been predictable for the past 10 years or so. I'm tired of seeing the family on TV, as they are just taking the spotlight from deserved, misused talent. Shane isn't entertaining, and he looks like an ass out there prancing around out there like a jackass.

Legacy is boring, and Orton is doing nothing for Cody/Teddy. What kind of rub do you get off of Orton when no one cares who you are? Orton is over, but he is not HHH, or Flair. Oddly enough so many of you seem to want to compare Evolution to Legacy, and it is ridiculous. Orton, and the other two arent even the same age for crying out loud.

It is no real secret that Orton, Carlito, and Umaga are all friends. I understand that Orton is a next gen star, but why not pair him with other guys who are around his age with practically the same amount of years in the sport as eachother. No, instead they pair Orton with two rooks. Imagine the character change we could have seen from Umaga, and Carlito.

Many have said that backstage Umaga is a real how, and most of the guys say he is funny as hell. Why not bring this character out on screen somehow? Luckily enough Carlito is in a solid tag team with his brother. However had he underwent a massive character change to go along with Orton, and Umaga we may have seen him and Umaga dominate the tag team division on RAW. With them being the same age roughly it would make sense kayfabe wise that they all were really friends.

All 3 of those stables are shit. The asian stable would be a joke, the monster stable is a horrible mishmash and should never happen. Ive heard the samoan stable idea many times and it doesnt make me like it more, sim sucka and manure are both horrendously bad and having umaga as a stable leader would be stupid because he doesnt talk and because he doesnt need 2 goons to make him look dominant.

As for what would make a good stable...maybe something with edge as the leader, because you want a strong main event level heel as the leader of a faction and edge fits the role perfectly. Edge should lead a controversial, renegade faction similar to NWO and DX because after all he is the Rated R superstar. They could produce shocking, in your face, cutting edge TV and threaten to take over the entire company. Fuck the PG rating, the WWE needs to be Rated R.
As previously stated edge would fill the role as the main eventer, Christian could maybe be the midcarder and Miz and Morrison could be the tag team. I see Miz and Morrsion really as a new version of edge and christian. All 4 of those guys are sick and i think would work incredibly well together in the ring and more importantly on the mic. This group would truly have some killer promos. The group could maybe be called something like The Rated R Revolution or Team Rated R. If you come up with a cooler name let me know.

WWE already tried a faction for Edge on SmackDown!: La Familia...Edge, Chavo, Bam Neely, Curt Hawkins & Zack Ryder...yea crap faction I know. But I actually like the idea of Edge, Christian, Miz, and Morrison...throw in a Diva like Michelle McCool or Maryse.
I was thinking they should have made a new Nation of Domination. Ron Simmons, MVP, Shelton Benajmin, Mark Henry, Tony Atlas, Elijah Burke (when he was still working...or R-Truth since he's there), and Teddy Long...heck even completing the stable could be Alicia Fox. MVP could be the leader, Shelton/R-Truth the tag team, Mark Henry and Tony Atlas the muscle, Teddy Long could demand being a referree for the group (play off the "no black refs" card or something)...I see that as a stable that could easily work and be hated...

The first two stables are jokes and aren't worth commenting on. the 3rd one is reasonable but my big problem is who would be their mouthpiece. Umaga hasn't said anything that wasnt gibberish since he has debuted, Manu has that lisp and deuce err sim snuka i don't think has the mic ability.

Also, i think a great stable needs to follow the class horseman formula: the top main event world title challenger, the tag team, and the mid-card challenger enforcer. Right now Legacy is the closest thing to that and right now at the moment there is no other possible group as of now that can possibly happen.

I just want to no what are you opinoins on these faction i think are good idea for smackdown with the current wwe talent some of these ideas you may though of first but i just want to no what do you guys think of mine and i will explain why they would work

funaki jimmy wang yang and gail kim I think this would be a good faction because all three of them work well in the ring when they are fighting some one there size they can have good fueds with miz and morrsion cryme tyme and priceless and gail kim can go after the divas title and try to make it a credabilty womens title

ranjin signn and tony attlas would be the managers and the wrestlers in the faction would be the great khail mark henrey and the big show and possible koslav they would be a unstable monster stable being contender for the mid card and the world title and then they can dominate smackdown

Umaga sim snuka manu they could be a badass wild samoan stable and take out people on the roosta and be a good contender for the mid card or world tag titles

well those are just three ideas what are your thoughts on these factions

Your first stable would do nothing but drag Gail Kim down. Funaki and Yang are jobbers and throwing them together doesn't make the any less of a jobber. Adding Gail Kim would just hold her down, and it's pretty sad when Gail Kim would be the most popular and the leader of the faction.

Your second one just seems really boring. Monster heels get the job done but putting 3 or 4 together, dominating everyone and everything would get old quickly. Not too mention Khali is a face and Henry is a jobber. I guess it could work in theory I just don't think anybody would be too excited.

Your last one doesn't sound as bad as your first too but I still don't like it. Umaga is a solo star and I don't think he needs to be in a stable(Even if he is the leader)I don't think he has enough pull to actually help the other members like Orton does. Plus Manu & Sim really aren't anything special and would most likely bring down Umaga. Plus none are great talkers, and unless they got a manager it would be a pretty boring, promoless group. I would much rather have Manu & Sim as a seperate tag team.

As for who I think should/could be in a faction on Smackdown, personally I have no picks. All I know is that in order for factions to be good and work they need an obvious leader(or leaders), a person good on the mic, and have to work well together.

First off, there is a draft in about 2 months and thus, talent will be moving, and also, it seems talent is going on both shows anyway, so I'll take it as any wrestler eligible could make a faction.

To start, I read someone write off the new Hart Foundation, which is crap. Why establish Tyson Kidd (TJ Wilson) as a survivor of the dungeon, have him wear hearts on his tights, and give him Natalya (daughter of a Hart daughter) as a manager? It would seem that connection is obvious and if DH Smith indeed teams with him, they would be the Hart foundation tag team ala Bret and Nattie's daddy. Whether that is a faction, I'm not sure. However, you want to make it a faction, the leader has to be...........Chris Jericho. He is the closest you have to a dungeon survivor on roster and he did train with a Hart brother. Ideally, this group would rival legacy as a face faction, showing that family legacy can give you good values as wrestlers, not a sense of entitlement. Such a feud could work well. The other option is to put this stable on smackdown as heels and let them feel entitled because they are Hart survivors, a feat no one else on the roster can understand. Those 4 I think would work well together, and certainly getting a rub from Jericho would be amazing.

The other idea I want to talk about is a "corporate" stable to rival the legacy. The only way this works is with Randy Orton winning at Wrestlemania. I would think legacy needs to add a 4th piece, a solid midcarder and muscle to truly challenge whatever corporate group there is. Let's go with this scenario:

Triple H and Orton at mania and I'm going to even go with Shane joining the legacy, leaving dad and Steph with Trips. That, along with Priceless winning the tag titles and their newest member, Umaga, winning the IC belt, will anger the triumverate, who need now to build a team to match them. Of course, at the top is HHH. Manu joins as the muscle and gets into it with his cousin, Umaga and they feud with Manu coming out of his shell, cutting promos about how Umaga is a disgrace to the family yada yada yada. Mr. Kennedy would be a solid addition as a member since he desperately needs a good rub, and then add a tag team, maybe even a lower carder and bada bing, the corporate team to rival the legacy. Of course, over time, you have twists and turns, the damn thing could last a year.

Lastly, I always though Miz and Morrison should have the new DX but called "the in crowd" which they used to use but dont' anymore. It's a great name for a stable and guys with their attitude could be awesome. I think ultimately the group works best with 1 of them rising to main event level, one at US/IC level and picking up a tag team ala the second incarnation of DX. Realistically, it could be as simple as the original with them adding Beth Phoenix to be their Chyna and Santino would actually fit with them well. Ironically, I thought Scotty Goldman as a funny heel would have worked well in this group but he was released so that isn't happening.

Those are my group ideas, and I may have more. Here's hoping the first one happens soon so Jericho actually has something to do.

thats the stupiest thing i ever heard what ocwrestler23 just said.. factions are basically done.. the legacy is pretty cool if anything the other dibasie kid could be fourth member.. hart foundation would be cool but that idea was scrapped.. stables are done.

funaki, wang yang and gail kim? are you serious? if you're that desperate for an asian stable, bring back tajiri and change wang yang back to a more serious character, and have them tag.

monster stables, david and goliath all suck. to be honest monster wrestlers pretty much all suck.

kane undertaker and boogeyman? that doesn't even deserve a comment really. truly pathetic.

finlay, shaun o'whateverhisnameis, regal, burchill in a british gimmick would not work. whoever suggested that must be american. everyone should know that irish and english don't exactly like each other! so maybe a finlay v regal feud mite work but i think both wrestlers are borin as hell.

someone mentioned before, a stable needs the horsemen formula which is 1 main eventer, 1 mid card, 1 tag team, and maybe a manager if u want. examples? DX - hhh, x pac, new age outlaws, the radicalz - chris beniot, eddie guerrero, and the team of perry saturn and dean malenko, jbl and his cabinet (bit of a poor example, but they had the titles at one point i think) jbl, orlando jordan, and basham brothers... and i'm sure theres loads more.

although the john cena, r truth, cryme time stable follows the formula - john cena has moved on from his street thug gimmick now, so it mite be a bit of a step back...

i don't think you can create a decent stable from smackdown, but if u mix it up a bit, maybe put ricky ortiz in a tag team with evan bourne, shelton b as the mid carder and possibly batista as the main eventer... although i don't know what the gimmick would be...

Legacy - Randy Orton, Ted Dibiase, Cody Rhodes, Harry Smith

Firt off this Faction is being carried by Randy Orton, regardless of what people say on this forum WWE & Vince McMahon view Ted Dibiase & Cody Rhodes as future big time stars (you only have to look at there physiques & their heritage to know why). Manu & Sim Snuka were viewed as not good enough for Randy Orton to carry therefore they were kicked out of the Legacy. The whole point of the Legacy Faction is to elevate Dibiase & Rhodes which is exactly what Triple H & Ric Flair did in Evolution when they helped to elevate Randy Orton & Batista. Clearly if you had the choice of picking two future main eventers out of Dibiase, Rhodes, Manu & Snuka pretty much everybody would pick Dibiase & Rhodes. WWE is not wasting its time & resorces & valuable TV time on not making stars out of Dibiase & Rhodes.

Regarding Harry Smith & why he should be apart of the Legacy well firstly he is young, has the heritage & a very good wrestler for his age furthermore he has a similar look to Orton,Dibiase & Rhodes in that he has short hair, wears short tights & has a fairly lean physique as evidence from his FCW taping in which he is a lot more toned & has more muscle defination. Secondly the New Hart Foundation has been scrapped due to Harry Smith going to creative & pitching that he could be the forth Legacy member - if you belive the internet rumors. However that is backed up by the fact that TJ Wilson (Tyson Kidd) & Harry Smith who were a team in FCW split up & they did an angle at an FCW taping on the whole situation of Harry Smith being the new member of the Legacy.

John Cena, R-Truth, Cryme Tyme

Cena & Cryme Tyme were a short lived faction not that long ago so who ever says it does not work is talking bollocks. Who cares what Cena's current gimmick is he still has elements of his rapping in his theme music & he still dresses like a wigger even though he looks like its from an 11 year olds closet. R-Truth would be the perfect 4th member for reasons i dont think i need to explain. Cena could form this group to help him in a fued against Legacy which would create a whole load of different match & storyline scenarios or against Vince McMahons new Corporation which i will be talking about below. I can imagine this faction coming through the crowd rapping & vandelising the set etc. Also i see a ready made fued in Cena & R-Truth if they were to ever break up.

John Morrison, The Miz, The Brian Kendrick, Santino Marella

I could see this working very well because they would be very funny pulling skits similar to D Generation X parody of the Nation of Domination. John Morrison would obviously be the break out star. Kendrick & Miz could form a Tag Team & Santino could be the MidCarder.

William Regal, Fit Finlay, Sheamus O'Shaunessy, Drew McIntyre

Im English by the way. The reason i suggested this was because back in the old WCW there was a faction consisting of Regal, Finlay & Dave Taylor. I rekon this would be a good midcard faction. Someone stated that English & Irish people hate each other - well that may be the case for some people but not the majority of people. Even if that were the case Regal & Finlay have a long history & even were as recently as a few years ago in a faction with King Booker. Who is to say that they can not be fighting with each other anyhow but at the end of the day they will put there differences aside to accomplish what ever they have set out to do. As i stated before Sheamus O'Shaunessy i belive is going to be a big star. Drew McIntyre has potential aswell & would benefit from TV time and learning from Regal & Finlay. Hornswoggle & Katie Lea could also be added to the group. People need to think outside the box.

Edge,Christian,Tomko,Miz, Morrison

Ive added Miz & Morrison - i wanted to add more members in my first post but could not think of who put in. Edge & Christian we know would work well together & Tomko has just got to go with Christian wherever he goes. Tomko would be the Hired Muscle of the Group.

Sim Snuka, Manu, Umaga

Basically ive put them together becuase they are all of Samoan decent i belive & are somewhat related. It would in the very least give Snuka & Manu somthing worthwhile to do. Maybe Kafu from FCW could be a 4th member. Umaga cant talk but one day he will just like Kane - its called character development.

Vince McMahon, Triple H, Big Show, JBL, Mr Kennedy, William Regal (possibly Chris Jericho & Jack Swagger)

A new Corporation which is there to do Vince McMahons dirty work. Triple H would be a heel & would probably be Champion all of the time. Big Show used to be in the old Corporation & he would easily sellout to Vince McMahon, Regal has a past with Vince McMahon & once again would sellout to McMahon plus he is friends with Triple H, JBL would also sellout out to McMahon, Triple H is McMahons son in law & also a former member of the Corporation. Mr Kennedy would be elevated to the main events due to association with group possibly due to friction with Triple H because of Triple H. Jack Swagger could replace Kennedy if WWE has higher hopes for him which they probably do. They could all dress in corperate suits which most do anyway or have in the past. Jericho could also be a potential member.

The thought of Jimmy Wang Yang, Kung Funaki and Gail Kim in a faction just because they are Asian and small, lower mid carders is absolutely ridiculous! Someone said it before that these types of things are the reason non-wrestling fans laugh at wrestling! I would not watch this ever!!!

Manu, Sim Snuka and Umaga is slightly intrigueing though...if they package it correctly and creative pushes them right, they could be a reformed Samoan Swat Team. They were a formidable faction back in the day and could be again. I would enjoy them together.

The random big man, monster stable is stupid too. There is always something cool about big guys teaming up to destroy people but only when they have a common cause or theme. Not just because they are all big. The Brothers of Destruction worked well because it was Kane and Taker and they were brothers with the same gimmick. I wouldn't care much about koslov, big show, khali, and mark henry.

I think WWE would be absolutely stupid if they didnt push the new Hart Foundation. People love nostalgia and whats more nostalgic then the Hart Foundation? DH Smith, TJ Wilson (Tyson Kidd), Teddy Hart (but I dont think they are gonna bring him back unfortunately), and maybe Joe Hennig. I would love to see this come together and hope they dont drop the ball again with a great opportunity.

The Great Khali and Sonjay Dutt
I know what your thinkin but what else will Khali do. Sonjay is gone from TNA so put Khali into a feud with, for example, The Brian Kendrick and Ezekiel Jackson. They destroy Khali and a month or so later he returns with Sonjay. They could dominate the tag team division and then a team could step up finally defeating them. This would push the team and Khali could turn heel by attacking Sonjay for losing the tag titles. With Ranjin Singh already managing Khali the team would alos have a manager.

Paul Burchill and DJ Gabriel
Turn Gabriel heel and give him a gimmick change. The dance one is awful. They can be a british tag team and be managed by Katie Lea who could go after the diva's title. Burchill won't win anything on his own and Gabriel won't with that stupid gimmick.

The Next Generation Hart Foundation
Tyson Kidd and DH Smith are good competitors and the way there putting over Tyson kidd, that's a good sign. Natalya could manage them and bring credibility back to the diva's championship as she can actually wrestle.

Nation of Domination
I've also thought about this when MVP went face. He can try to recruit people e.g. R-Truth, Mark Henry, Tony Atlas, Cryme Tyme. Let him win the title off of Shelton, then Shelton have a losing streak. He then wants in the Nation and begs. They could also turn heel by attacking someone like R-Truth and Cryme Tyme who could fued with them like the idea of them with Cena. Teddy Long could manage them and if DJ Gabriel trns on Alicia Fox, she could join.

How about a new Oddities group? Consisting of Khali, Kizarny, Boogeyman, and Vicki?
Seriously, the one group I think they should bring that would work is Nation Of Domination. Only Shelton has had any kinda push, Simmons is around, it could work.

I would find the Eastern World Faction (Jimmy Wang Yang, Funaki, and Gail Kim) to be more of a comedy group than anything. Seeing either of the guys as serious title contenders for anything other than the defunct Criuserweight Title scares me lol. The stable of giants (or, in some cases, fat asses) is just dumb because none of them can really work a solid match witht the possible exception being The Big Show. As for the Samoans? Sim Snuka doesn't have the right look imo but Umaga and Manu could probably pull it off. I'm just saying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back