Do you think Taker will ever turn heel?

Henhouse

Occasional Pre-Show
It's been a while since he's been a top heel in WWE, but with his character, he can make it work.
Do you think WWE will ever turn Underaker heel, and if so, how would they go about it?

It's been a while since he's been a top heel in WWE, but with his character, he can make it work.
Do you think WWE will ever turn Underaker heel, and if so, how would they go about it?

Considering retiring Shawn Michaels only got him booooooooed for 5 seconds before getting cheered again, I think he can rape Hornswoggle in the A right in the middle of the ring but still managed to get the biggest pops in the company.

This is pretty stubid threat. Undertaker has only couple yers left of his career and he will retire as face for sure. You think wwe would turn him heel? He would be heel like, what a year? And I think it's so hard maybe even imbossible to turn him heel at this point of his career.

This is pretty stubid threat. Undertaker has only couple yers left of his career and he will retire as face for sure. You think wwe would turn him heel? He would be heel like, what a year? And I think it's so hard maybe even imbossible to turn him heel at this point of his career.

You don't need to be a complete jackass. You might not think he can turn heel, but that does NOT, by any means, give you the right to be an ass and call this thread stupid. It poses a legitimate question. As for The Undertaker turning heel, he definitely can. Remember Shawn Michaels in 2005? People were constantly saying there was no way he could turn in 2005, and look, he turned heel against Hogan. Granted, it only lasted a few months, but it worked. The Undertaker has the ability to make a heel character work, whether you think so or not.

At this point I don't even think it's possible for him to turn heel. He's so over, so respected by the fans, that I don't think he could be a heel. I can't think of anyone on the current roster that Undertaker could beat up to receive boos. He out pops everyone he's up against. I mean, if retiring Shawn Michaels didn't turn him heel, nothing will.

Besides, at this point in his career, it would be kind of pointless. The Dead Man has been a face for most of his career, and him ending it as a heel wouldn't really make much sense. If he would have made the turn a few years ago, it would be understandable. But at this point in his career there's really no point.

The thing is at this stage in his career The Undertaker is not capable of turning heel. He is so well respected by the crowd that they will cheer him no matter what he does, I think NorCal said it best when he said "The Undertaker could chokeslam a baby and get a pop" (or something along those lines).

I mean think of some of the things Taker has done in the past few years, he retired HBK, still got a face pop, he went up against and beat up Rey Mysterio, someone who is as adored by the crowd as he is, still got a face pop. If he can do shit like that and still have the crowd love him then what would it take for him to go heel.

The only possible way I could see it happening is if Taker went up against John Cena and went extremely evil on him and I'm talking beat him up and get him sent to jail evil Im talking raping his sister and killing his dad evil which obviously isn't going to happen on PG TV. Even then I wouldn't be surprised if he still got a face pop or a mixed reaction at worst.

The thing is why would you want to turn Taker heel though, he is so good at being a face. He gets pops that are on the same level as or bigger than Cena's and the crowd adores him. He is damn good at being a face so why fuck with what works. Besides this late in his career with retirement being imminent he isn't going to turn heel, Taker sure as fuck aint going to retire with the crowd hating him.

You don't need to be a complete jackass. You might not think he can turn heel, but that does NOT, by any means, give you the right to be an ass and call this thread stupid. It poses a legitimate question. As for The Undertaker turning heel, he definitely can. Remember Shawn Michaels in 2005? People were constantly saying there was no way he could turn in 2005, and look, he turned heel against Hogan. Granted, it only lasted a few months, but it worked. The Undertaker has the ability to make a heel character work, whether you think so or not.

Exactly correct. On another forum I am calling anything stupid would get you a point. Back to the original topic, he does have enough credibility to turn heel I doubt he would, but if he would turn heel I think it will the slightest amount of time.

No, never. The Undertaker has moved out of the realm of normal professional wrestling and has become more of an entity than anything else. You know how when career heels come back to the WWE for a one time visit after they've retired and people cheer the shit out of them? The Undertaker is in the same place, but he wrestles on a more regular occasion, and he's usually portrayed as the face, so he's in even better shape than a Ted DiBiase or Roddy Piper.

Furthermore, why would the WWE turn him heel? I feel like the IWC has this odd thought process that says, "If you can turn someone, turn them." It's that kind of thinking that makes TNA so ridiculous. Undertaker is unequivocally the most over wrestler on the WWE roster. Everywhere Taker goes he gets massive face pops. Cena has nights where the crowd is more anti-Cena than pro, and Orton is starting to lose the fans' interest, but Undertaker is special. The older fans cheer him out of respect and awe, and the younger fans cheer him because they have been told that he is the greatest legend in the WWE today. Why would you take the one superstar that you can count on for getting a huge face pop and turn him heel? If you had half a brain, you wouldn't.

Taker is going to be a face until he wrestles his last match, and that's the way he should be. Even if he could pull off a heel turn, there's really no reason for him to even try. He is one of the biggest faces in the WWE today, and making him into a villain would be foolish.

Yea but I think WWE should have pushed such an idea after he retired HBK (If they ever thought about it). In order for The Undertaker to be treated like a heel he'll have to go beyond his current limit & do what he did in his 98-99 days like embalm people ofr sacrifice (Like Austin, Ryan Shamrock etc). In order for a proper "Heel" turn for Taker he'll have to randomly attacks victims like John "Superhero" Cena, Rey Mysterio etc. then we can go from there.

At this stage of the game, I doubt it would even be possible to turn him heel, like others said he could chokeslam a baby in the middle of the ring at Wrestlemania and still get the biggest pop of the night. Maybe 5,4,3 or even 2 years ago it might of been possible but not now, its now lower than a "what if", more of a "as if". I doubt he would want to retire hated by fans that have cheered for for nearly, if not more than 20 years. When Taker finally goes and stays out, it'll be on a hign note with everyone cheering his name, and so much energy going It'll make the world shake, not as the most hated wrestler in sports entertainment.

It would be fun to see him have one last heel run, but I do not think he can be turned at this point in time. I think he is at that level where he will be cheered for the rest of his career. The WWE would have to come up with some big to turn him heel, and I can not fathom what that could be. If they wanted to turn him heel it should have been awhile ago. With the way he makes his returns he is destined to be cheered each time. That bell sends electricity into the fans, and I can just not see them booing him.

Noo.. he's too old!! I know you're thinking what a reason, but I mean he has been in the game too long and no matter what he does now!! He will always be liked and there is just no point in turning him heel.. He will still get bigger pops that 2/3's of the faces in the WWE!!! and thats a fact!

Noo.. he's too old!! I know you're thinking what a reason, but I mean he has been in the game too long and no matter what he does now!! He will always be liked and there is just no point in turning him heel.. He will still get bigger pops that 2/3's of the faces in the WWE!!! and thats a fact!

I have to agree with this guy.

'Taker is to well respected and liked by the WWE fans. He couldn't get booed now if he tried. I would bet that he could come out after HHH returns and attack HHH with Sheamus and put him out again and he would still get cheered. I believe he could join the Nexus and make them fan favorites. It just couldn't happen at this point in his career and nor does it need to happen.

It's fair enough to pose the question I guess. But remember that Undertaker has never been a great talker, a quality of most heels, but ok I see what your saying, it isn't a requirement. Also consider the time he has left in his career to do so, his body is bruised and in a bad state, he's not going to survive more than one more year of wrestling and I'm confident of that.

Consider his past heel runs. He was heel when he entered the company in 1990 and by WM8 which was only 18 months later (relatively short) he had turned face and got a massive pop when Jake Roberts turned on him. When he was in the ministry of Darkness, he played second fiddle to Vince Mcmahon (albeit as most did) as a heel figure, and arguably to the corporate people's champion "The Rock", the corporate "sherriff" HBK and others. Finally in about 2002, he made Jim Ross join Mcmahon's kiss my ass club and started a heel run until some time during 2003 when he feuded with Lesnar, arguably his best performed heel run. But during none (possibly during corporate ministry days due primarily to the era) of these times was he ever as successful and watchable as when he was face. He was face for the entire rest of the 20 years he was employed in WWE and still is obviously.

The most important thing about turning heel for hi is just how? Sometime during 2009 in a 3-on-3 match on Raw he actually tombstoned John Cena, he still got a pop. John Cena is beloved by many and most, but there isn't a single person that at the very least doesn't respect the Undertaker as an individual and athlete, and very few that don't absolutely revere the guy. What could you do to make him turn heel if attacking Cena didn't do it? And especially contering in that he has been gone for a while.

Right now the Undertaker could set fire to an old folks home, steal millions of pounds from charity, go hunting for stray dogs with a 12 gauge and drink from the skulls of dead children and nobody would bat an eyelid. I admire your forward thinking but I really don't think it should, would or even could be done because the guy has less than a couple of years left on his contract and he should go out on an almighty high as the way we have become accustomed to him now.

To think Taker is either a Face or a Heel is a mistake. He's a tweener. He does Heelish things when they suit him, but lately he's been booked as a face. That aside, he has no issues with doing things that only a heel would do or a face would do.

The fans LOVE Undertaker, period. He could slap a pregnant woman and come out smelling like a rose with the fans. That's what we expect from him

He's impossible to turn either direction, 100%. He can do face-like things or he can do heel-like things, but he's always simply, "The Undertaker".

undertaker has been heel twice, 1 as the ministry( which i loved BTW) and 2 as big evil, and even then he had to crucify people, drug steph, and burn a teddy bear to get booed, im all for making him heel, but wwe probally is not even if we try to boo him were gonna end up cheering him, so wwe will probally keep him as is, but if he were to turn heel i say makie a new, towned down, ministry with tyler reks, and kane, etc. but yea

I hope not. I never liked Taker has a heel. The way he developed his character never saw him as believable heel, but as dominating, freaking everyone out top face and that's how he should stay. Besides with WWE standards nowadays it would be very hard to pull something to make Taker a heel.

he can definitely be turned heel, but the only way to do it is in a way where he can't be cheered. i laugh at the raping Hornswoggle in the A comment in the first response here because while it is somewhat true, there has to be something really out there that it doesn't matter what he does. i think if he were to destroy a Diva with a Tombstone or something "out of the PG era" and decimate some face like King or even Cole too (like beat him, bloody him, etc.) the blood may be out of the question, but it can certainly be done.

the only prob is he has to drop the nostalgic feel, that's the only thing keeping him relevant in the WWE. this gimmick only works if you remember what he used to be. it's not a gimmick for this day & time in a kayfabe sense (unless he was the gothic type Taker from 97-99 or so). but also remember, this is the PG audience they're aiming towards, so he can probably draw heat for something simple also if the WWE sells it as "heel". if it was aimed for marks/smarks, he'd have to do something pretty extreme to be a heel, but for kids, it's easier

It makes little sense to turn the Undertaker heel. He is the most over babyface in the WWE, Orton and Cena included. The older fans respect the hell out of this guy for the entertainment he has provided to them over the past 20 years, and when the younger guys tune in, they see a guy with a really cool gimmick. Its really hard to dislike the Undertaker at this stage of his career. As great as HBK is, he could not get Undertaker booed. Granted that HBK did not get booed either, but niether did Undertaker.

So really I cannot imagine any scenario which requires Taker to be heel. Nor do I think that there is any way to turn the guy. Its not like they can really go over the top like WWF did in the Attitude Era and turn him into a satanist or something. There are certain limitations and within those limitation Taker works best as a face.

It makes little sense to turn the Undertaker heel. He is the most over babyface in the WWE, Orton and Cena included. The older fans respect the hell out of this guy for the entertainment he has provided to them over the past 20 years, and when the younger guys tune in, they see a guy with a really cool gimmick. Its really hard to dislike the Undertaker at this stage of his career. As great as HBK is, he could not get Undertaker booed. Granted that HBK did not get booed either, but niether did Undertaker.

So really I cannot imagine any scenario which requires Taker to be heel. Nor do I think that there is any way to turn the guy. Its not like they can really go over the top like WWF did in the Attitude Era and turn him into a satanist or something. There are certain limitations and within those limitation Taker works best as a face.

Perfectly said Rattlesnake, you are posted real quality son, love reading your work.

Why turn Undertaker heel at this point in his career? There are enough main event heels on Smackdown, Undertaker has what? 2 years left in him if that? He is still one of the most over superstars on the roster, the fans know he is nearing retirement, why would they want to boo a legend such as the Deadman?

It just doesnt make sense, he only wrestles part time, and the fans love when he comes back for his epic returns, and for a heel turn to work he would need to be on Smackdown much more regularly than he is, so it is very unlikely to happen.

Personally I do not think the fans would even accept Undertaker as a heel now, he could attack literally any other wrestler on the show, and still get cheered, there is noone as big a babyface right now that Taker attacking them would get him heat. He could even attack Cena, and most of the fans would still be behind him.

To quote Norcal and J-Dogg's sig:

The Undertaker could chokeslam a baby and still get a face reaction.

It not only doesn't make any sense to turn him heel, but I seriously don't think you could. The Undertaker is arguably one of the most respected men in the history of professional wrestling, and there is nothing that he could do for the fans to turn on him. And remember, the Undertaker doesn't really play a face character anyways. He does what he wants, when he wants to, and people cheer him anyways.

So no, he won't ever be heel again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back