• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do you think chavo should be united states champion

thewrestlinghero

Pre-Show Stalwart
Should chavo guerrero be united states champion the guy is hardly doing anything on smackdown other then being a jobber and is in the corner of Edge in some of his title matches that he recently he had his ecw title regin was pretty interesting he was great heel champion for the title and his cruserwieights title regins were good to and his mic skills are not to bad and his in ring work is pretty good i think he should because he not really doing on smackdown he probley will be a better united states champion then shelton and chavo can get more heel heat then shelton what are you thoughts on this should chavo get the united states title or what do think he should do cause the guy is sorta lost in the shuffle on smackdown and should of stayed on ecw

Hell to the no. Chavo is fine right where he is right now. Chavo definitely can draw some heat, but his ring work as of late leaves a lot to be desired. He also is not keeping up with his body like he used to. Chavo is now far past his prime, and the United States Championship isn't really his cup of tea.

But of all the people on Smackdown! why would you think Chavo should get a US title run? There's Umaga, Kozlov, Kennedy, MVP, R-Truth, Carlito, and others. I don't think Chavo is ahead of any of those wrestlers as far as being over, mic work (except Kozlov/Umaga), or in ring work at this point in his career.

No i dont think so, Chavo should probably be a jobber, i dont really like him. Dont take the title off Shelton, he's too good to have it taken away. Chavo isnt the only one lining up for the title either, Kennedy and MVP should have a run before Chavo is even considered.

Hell to the no. Chavo is fine right where he is right now. Chavo definitely can draw some heat, but his ring work as of late leaves a lot to be desired. He also is not keeping up with his body like he used to. Chavo is now far past his prime, and the United States Championship isn't really his cup of tea.

But of all the people on Smackdown! why would you think Chavo should get a US title run? There's Umaga, Kozlov, Kennedy, MVP, R-Truth, Carlito, and others. I don't think Chavo is ahead of any of those wrestlers as far as being over, mic work (except Kozlov/Umaga), or in ring work at this point in his career.

im saying is that there starting some what a triple threat with mvp shelton and chavo and i think mvp is being pushed to win the money in the bank at wrestlemania umaga just came back from injurie and he needs to win a few sqaush matches and might feud with who ever has the united title at the time koslav if he going to win a title he needs a manager or someone to talk for him cause his mic skills are horrible and his in ring skills are below avrage and r truth has a mini feud with kendrick and carlito is a tag team wrestler trying to get his brother over and is already the tag champ

WWE needs Chavo to improve his stature. He was a solid middle card heel during his feuds with Mysterio and ECW title reign. Then he became Edge's lackey and over the months quickly went jobber fast. Now they need to build him up again to subsequently use him to put over people. WWE does this with a lot of middle card heels, builds them up to topple them over to advance some and re-build them up again after they hit bottom. I don't think Chavo should get a US title run, I thought his best chance was in his feud with Benoit, but with SD pretty low on middle card heels, this gives Chavo and chance to feud with some people and its nice to see Chavo getting a a little push, he's worked very hard for the company a deserves every little push he's gotten.

Should chavo guerrero be united states champion the guy is hardly doing anything on smackdown other then being a jobber and is in the corner of Edge in some of his title matches that he recently he had his ecw title regin was pretty interesting he was great heel champion for the title and his cruserwieights title regins were good to and his mic skills are not to bad and his in ring work is pretty good i think he should because he not really doing on smackdown he probley will be a better united states champion then shelton and chavo can get more heel heat then shelton what are you thoughts on this should chavo get the united states title or what do think he should do cause the guy is sorta lost in the shuffle on smackdown and should of stayed on ecw

Dude are you saying that Shelton is nota good US champ, becsaue he is a great champ, as good as Hardy was with the belt, he defends at nearly every house show and takes on all comers, he is amazing. Chavo needs to continue his wheelchair pusher gimmcik and retire. He had a great career, one of the greatest Cruiserweight Champions of all time, definitley living up to his family's name and putting on some all time great matches

i think chavo should be u.s. champ before the year ends. rite now shelton is making a great champion and should drop it to mvp with in the next couple of months, but yea chavo should get the tittle

The US Title should be kept for potential rising stars (MVP,Umaga, R-Truth) who WWE thinks could become main eventers in the future & former main eventers who are no longer at the top of the card (eg. from past Benoit, Booker T, JBL).

Chavo has sucked for years, the only worthwhile thing he has done in his WWE career is his Tag Team with his Uncle Eddie. Apart from Los Guerreros - which Eddie carried, he has done nothing memorable apart from attempt to cash in on the death of Eddie for about 2 years in poor tatse fueds with Mysterio & Benoit.

Chavos career was going down the shitter even though it was already shit with his Kerwin White gimmick in 2005. As terrible as this is going to sound Chavo is lucky Eddie died because if not he probably would have been released.

I thought after Eddie died he could have formed a Tag Team with Mysterio but WWE didnt do that. Anyhow Chavo sucks big time, he has no presence, his matches are boring as hell & fans just dont care about him. Not only that but Chavo is old & washed up & officially the most boring crusirweight ever with a terrible 'look'.

Giving Chavo the US Title would accomplish what in the short term let alone the long term. Some people dont have a fucking clue about wrestling.

Pretty much no. On the midcard currently in Smackdown you have MVP, Shelton, Carlito, Umaga, R-Truth and a returning Kennedy, not to mention Matt hardy after his Jeff feud. They are all above Chavo in my eyes and all closer to the main event than Chavo. The US Champion SHOULD be given to someone on the brink of the Main Event, that is another thread however.

As a face no one got behind Chavo, and as a heel no one cares either. His ECW title reign was a joke, a US one would just be the same.

When I read the Smackdown results from last night I was scratching my head over this. Why should this happen? He's been a lackey for months now for Vickie and edge, so why give him the midcard title? From everything I can tell the stable idea is dead, so what's the point in giving them both singles titles? Also, isn't Chavo a heel? MVP was the logical choice to put the title on, but maybe a three way feud is coming. I see no reason not to let MVP beat Shelton one on one for the belt. While I can't see Chavo getting it other than for a transitional run, I can't see why that would be needed either.

I don't see what's going on here quite honestly. Chavo as a face just doesn't seem right, he's a better draw as a heel. Plus to suddenly have him be Edge's lackey, then jobber, then US title contender seems off, especially as a face. Now there is kinda a uneven amount of mid-card heels and faces with the faces out doing the heels, at least when it comes to those immediately around the United States Championship. (Especially cause Kozlov is a semi-main eventer, Umaga is still being built up, and THE Brian Kendrick is having backstage heat)

The Direction I see this going in is a fatal four-way match (Benjamin vs. R-Truth vs. Chavo vs. MVP) for the US tile before, at, or after Wrestlemania (preferably at 'Mania), with either MVP or R-Truth coming out the winner. After that I'm not exactly sure what will happen to the US title scene. Anyway, I've kinda gone off topic here, the simple answer would be no, Chavo doesn't deserve to be US champion. However, lets not forget, he came back from a long suspension/hiatus and won the ECW title in like three weeks. So I don't see why he couldn't go from jobber to US champion in a short period of time.

Why not? I don't see how it would hurt for him to be a transitional champ. Before I get into how this could work, I would just like to point out that he is more than deserving of some sort of title. Chavo's a great and reliable worker. Furthermore, although he rarely gets used for anything other than squash matches with the likes of HHH and The Undertaker, he has, to the best of my knowledge, never once complained about his status.

Storyline-wise, I could see Chavo taking the belt off of Shelton Benjamin. It would be a slap in the face to MVP if WWE puts him back into the fold for the U.S. Title and Carlito's fine where he is right now. With the belt, Chavo could drop it to Umaga who could then feud with R-Truth. Of course, you could have R-Truth feud with Shelton Benjamin instead and cut out both Chavo and Umaga, but, given their scrapped feud last year, this would be redundant (not to mention confusing).

Chavo is better than what you guys think. He can join the likes of MVP, Shelton, Carlito, Umaga, R-Truth and Kennedy and feud with some of them. He is much better as a heel, and he needs to get the fans to hate enough where feuds with these guys would make a difference. Chavo is a pretty good worker, but Vice really hasn't seen it in him which is the reason he hasn't done much. WWE creative needs to look at how to get Chavo to be hated enough where fans would want to see him more. I think he can feud great eith Carlito, and MVP. I agree Shelton is out of his league, but Chavo is a heel all he needs to do is have some good matches with him and then get some help or cheat to get his victories. But chavo needs to get away from the whole Edge thing for him to be looked at seriously.

See that's just it though. He hasn't had those good matches. He's been just over a jobber for a long time now. I agree that he has the talent to do it. We've seen it before. He needs to remind us of what talent he does have. He's an Edge flunkie right now, on the levels of what hawkins and Ryder used to be. Give him a few weeks/months of solid performances and I could see him getting a transitional run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back