• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do you ever think WWE will release a Hulk Hogan best of WCW collection?

Bobbywoodhogan

Pre-Show Stalwart
Do you ever think WWE will release a Hulk Hogan best of WCW collection?

I'd love to have matches like Hogan vs Vader from Superbrawl V, Hogan vs Sting from Nitro in 1995, plus various other WCW matches throughout his time there. There's so much that hasn't been put on other Hogan collections from his WCW days that I would love to see.

Doubt it, chief reason being that WWE doesn't like glorifying WCW. Especially the WCW days of Hogan, who is utterly synonymous with the WWF.

All Hogan's pay-per-view bouts in WCW are on the Network, and the Nitro shows will probably be up in time. You might catch the occasional WCW Hogan match on retrospective WWE DVDs of his career.

Doubt it, chief reason being that WWE doesn't like glorifying WCW. Especially the WCW days of Hogan, who is utterly synonymous with the WWF.

All Hogan's pay-per-view bouts in WCW are on the Network, and the Nitro shows will probably be up in time. You might catch the occasional WCW Hogan match on retrospective WWE DVDs of his career.

Its a real shame that, they should really embrace it as its likely to only generate more money.

I'll have to as I won't be getting the WWE Network.

It's all about the money if he can make money off it he will hell if he could make money off it he would even release thunder lips vs rocky

its likely to only generate more money.
Very true, but WWE has shown time and time again that revenue generation will always take a back seat to rampant egotism. I guess that's a by-product of a business where top executives (the McMahon family, Levesque, Ross, Laurinaitis and so on) are also prima donna, hissy fit-throwing performers.

I always hoped they would. From what I've seen of all the Hogan DVDs they didn't have much content in the way of wcw and whatever matches they did have were crap apart from the Hogan and Savage match with Flair and Vader and his debut match against flair.

They should have a dvd with some of the matches against macho man and his career match against flair.

The thing is apart from those matches not that many more of his matches in wcw were really that good.
For example he lost all his matches against sting, his match against Bret Hart couldn't continue because he destroyed him and it turned into another match against sting. His match with Goldberg was so badly timed that it suffered and his match with warrior was horrible.
His matches with Roddy Piper were ok but the only one Hogan won had a badly botched ending. The whole DDP and Jay Leno thing was a joke.

His career in wcw seems to just go on like this.

it was his low point till the nwo so prob not

But there were still some top moments in the 94 to early 96 era that I would love to see in a collection. I actually have a huge soft spot for that era of Hulkamania.

I know Bash at the Beach and Halloween Havoc bouts against Flair are on various sets but I'd love to see the Clash match they had and maybe even the title match from Nitro night after Starrcade 94.

Other matches I'd love to see on a set (94-96)

Superbrawl V
vs Big Van Vader

Uncensored 95
vs Big Van Vader (Strap Match)

WCW Nitro
vs Sting

WCW Nitro
vs Hugh Morris

WCW Nitro
Hulk Hogan & Sting vs Ric Flair & Arn Anderson

They did. It's called the WWE Network. With Nitro coming this fall you'll have everything. I loved watching WCW with Vader dominating then Hogan coming in.

I would venture to say no.

I think they will just continue to include Hogan matches on future WCW collections.

Though having said that he was there for 6 years so there is lots of unreleased footage...

I'd say no. It would be a weird release. Like a best of Steve Austin in WCW, or best of Scot Hall in WCW. it serves no purpose and it isolates a section of the audience.

They already did a best of Hogan with both WCW and WWF footage on it. There would be no reason to make a best of Hogan WCW version when there is so much footage from both feds.

They already did a best of Hogan with both WCW and WWF footage on it. There would be no reason to make a best of Hogan WCW version when there is so much footage from both feds.

But tehse collections barely scratched the surface of Hogan's WCW run in my opinion.

I don't think there is really a big reason too. His NWO stuff has been covered in a few DVDs already, so there is not a lot of new stuff there. Before NWO (and post NWO-WCW), his stuff was largely similar to his WWE stuff pre-WCW. His WWE stuff was much better overall than his WCW stuff. I think it's more appealing to put his overall best matches from both promotions than focusing on just WCW.

There is not a lot of money to be made off this. Vince is always willing to make money and put it before his ego (he has said that he hated what Michaels did during his early DX run but allowed it because the fans loved it). Vince is a businessman. He obviously doesn't see much value in this type of DVD. Neither do I.

No....Just like they wont do a Flair-WCW Only collection. Part of the appeal of having all that video footage is being able to mix and match from both companies. Hogan has I think two DVD collections (plus an NWO set, they released a condensed one, then re did and expanded it for a different release) and Flair has two (plus a Horsemen Set). Both (more so Flair) have had many other bouts featured in various collections commemorating PPV histories like W-Mania, S-Slam, Great Am Bash, Starrcade, Sat Night M-Event, and Clash Of Champions as well as themed sets like "Greatest Rivalries", "Best Steel Cage Matches", "Best Ladder Matches", etc etc

Also, Hogan didn't wrestle that often, and quite honestly he didn't wrestle that well. His in ring performances weren't particularly varied. How many actually good matches did he have in WCW ? Random Nitro matches Flair had against guys like Mike Rotundo and Eddie Guerrero (which is on DVD) were better than most of Hogan's out put.

Several Hogan-Flair matches have already been issued on DVD on were typically his best and biggest WCW bouts. There are a few that haven't been issued on DVD (although they will likely be available on the Network) but with the exception of their excellent Clash 94 bout Im not sure how many were really worth watching again (as a Flair fan seeing Flair pin him for the first time in WCW on Nitro in Jan 96 was fun but the match was average for instance). By now some of his Starrcade matches have also been issued on DVDs along with his Clash Jan 96 match (Hogan/Savage vs Flair-Giant) and an excellent tag match from an early 95 Nitro pitting Hogan/Savage vs Flair/Arn Anderson.

I believe his title losses vs Lex Luger and Goldberg have also been issued on DVD from this era.

The big thing is WWE wants to maximize appeal and with all the video libraries they do that with combo sets (Best of Steve Austin that has multiple Stunning Steve WCW matches), HBK (includes AWA Matches), Flair (NWA, WCW, WWE), etc. You wont likely ever see WWE release a Hogan DVD featuring only a small sample of his career (at least not in addition to the NWO set).

At this point Im not even sure there is enough un used match footage not previously issued, even if combined with a few re issues, to constitute a third Hogan set of any kind, at least not that would have special retail value that would make fans want to purchase them. They could probably do another Flair set but he wrestled far more matches. They are doing a second Randy Savage set this year that likely wont have many re issues from the first set and may have some Hogan moments on there worth re visiting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back