• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do You Care About The Tabloid Side Of Hollywood?

Mitch Henessey

Deploy the cow-catcher......
Staff member
John Travolta's recent massage suit scandal has become the popular Hollywood gossip story, and pictures of him as a secret cross-dresser are causing even more controversy. Travolta has a part in Oliver Stone's Savages (which hits theaters on July 6), and of course, there is some concern over the bad PR. The bad PR could hurt box office profits, and Travolta's presence could bring some negative publicity to the film. Also, this controversial news could jeopardize Travolta's starring role in the upcoming Gotti biopic.

Gossip, controversy, and scandalous divorce stories fuel the National Enquirer, but are you one of those people, who care about the tabloid side of Hollywood? Are you interested in the "who's dating who?" rumors, or the reported stories of big time Hollywood egos (i.e. Will Smith's reported diva like behavior during the filming for MIB 3) Do you follow TMZ? And most importantly, does the real life behavior of certain actors and actresses influence your decisions on watching their films?

Not gonna lie. I do take a peak at Extra and Access Hollywood every now and then, and I do flip through the pages of a National Enquirer (mostly for laughs), while I'm in line at the grocery store. But I'm not glued to the Hollywood dirt sheets 24/7. I do pay attention the the gossip sometimes, but I'm not consumed by it.

I also can't stand TMZ. I honestly don't see the point of watching video footage that features Lindsay Lohan going to the mall, or leaving a Starbucks late at night, or video footage of any other random Hollywood celebrity trying to escape the paparazzi.

Do I let the behavior or reported egos of certain actors or actresses influence my decisions, when it comes to watching their films? Well, it really depends on the situation. If I hear reports of your usual "I'm a big time star, and the world should worship me" stuff, then I can easily look the other way. I really don't care about what goes in the personal lives of my favorite actors and actresses. As long as certain actors and actresses entertain me with their performances, then I don't have a problem. After all, the quality of their careers and past performances do more than enough to provide the deciding factors for me, so I really don't care about how much money they spend on vacations, or how many million dollar mansions they own. They would have to do something pretty extreme, because the usual celebrity behavior isn't enough to drive me away from their films.

What are your thoughts? Do you anxiously await the release of baby photos for certain Hollywood couples? Do you pay attention to Hollywood gossip?

I usually do not follow the gossip much. Celebrities are still human beings and they deserve their privacy. Yes they are famous and it is interesting to know what famous people are up to, but still.... Some people take it way too far. I think they should be left alone. So what if a famous couple split up? Who cares if someone famous is now out of money? People are far too into private life matters of celebrities.

I can completely understand that it is very interesting for people to see what celebrities are up to. I personally think that it should be up to the celebrities themselves if they want information about them released. What someone does in their private life is their own business and the gossip is part of why I hope I never become famous. I would want to be left alone when I am not making a publicity appearance or filming a show/movie, I'm sure several actors and actresses feel the same way.

I watch Extra and Access Hollywood every now and then, but only for stuff related to what the actors are doing. I watch TMZ on a weekly basis (not as much anymore, but I still enjoy the show immensely) only for the humor. I don't particularly care about what celebrities or their kids do or any of that jazz. If I do they'll only be trivia and tidbits of their professional life and rarely about their private life (such as a top Hollywood actor supporting MMJ.) Not that I don't comment on gossip when I hear about it, I just don't claim that shit as tr00f when I don't even know the celebrity.

Only people who don't have life’s read that garbage their people like you and me so just because they were in a movie or have a music video that shouldn’t let stalkers talk pictures of them and make lots of money off of it. The paparazzi arn't real people there stalkers and that’s the only name you can call them. These sickos wait outside people’s houses follow them with cameras when they are just trying to find a place to eat. Why do we need to know what Justin Timberlake buys at the store its just stupid how some people get so wrapped up in these celebrities and they forget about there own life, they try to act like they know these people because they read about there divorce on TMZ. People get divorced everyday so it shouldn't mean shit that a guy who was in a blockbuster movie is getting divorced. I don't blame celebrities for going crazy sometimes they can't even walk out their house with out a low life stalker sticks a camera in their face so that stalker can make a few thousand dollars. The paparazzi are some of the lowest forms of human on the planet, you have to be a really low piece of sit to do what they do.

What’s the point of living life if your going to live it by obsessing over what other people do. It makes me mad when you see the prices people pay for celebrities kids when hard working average people who work 8 hours a day will never get that kind of money. There so many better causes that money can go not pictures of celebrity’s kids I don't see what’s the big deal with today’s celebrities most of them are talent less and got famous because of a reality show. To tell you the truth there’s nothing that’s even that great in today's mainstream. Most of the movies television and music all suck, that’s why I moved under a rock I don't pay attention to any of that stuff. I don't listen to the radio I don't really watch any cable television besides Raw not religiously like I use to but at least once a month and new episodes of Workaholics, South Park, and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Even in the last year Animal Planet has gotten worse now all you usually see is that dumb Bigfoot show or Hillbilly Hand Jobs When you have a Netflix and over 500 DVDs 200 VHS tapes over 100 records your able to get quality entertainment and don't have to watch or listen to any of today's mainstream junk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cw-UXhkum5A

Joaquin Phoenix is still cool

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back