• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do we need a new Wrestlemania 21?

MrSavageee

Dark Match Jobber
This is my first thread, be easy.

Okay, so i was thinking about ways we could get more mid-carders to win World Championships, and this is what i came up with. Wrestlemania 21 we saw Batista and John Cena win there first World Championships and look where they are now. 2 of the greatest main eventers we have. Could we do this now? have 2 mid-carders win world championships at Wrestlemania 21? i think that winning your first world championship at 'Mania is a lot better than winning at a normal Raw or Smackdown, simply because its Wrestlemania. The Biggest show in WWE. So tell me if you agree and if this is a good idea or not, and give more ideas of how we can get mid-carders to win world champions and in 4 or 5 years time they will be great main eventers.

I think maybe they could have Kofi vs Batista and Jericho vs Matt Hardy (if they dont become champ by then) at Wrestlemania 27 for the title.

John Cena and Batista weren't really mid-carders...

Batista was becoming very over with the possible split from evolution 2-3 months before he turned on HHH. When he won the Royal Rumble all the fans knew it was coming and got even more over on the angle. HHH trying to run over Batista with JBL's Limo was priceless (thinking it was JBL so Batista would choose JBL's title instead of HHH's)

John Cena was the most over guy in the company at the time. Yes he never had won the title before that, but he had a large feud with Orlando Jordan (JBL's right hand man) for the US Title before he won the rumble. Once it again it really didn't come out of no where, it was just one of those things where both guys were so over at the time.. and all the pieces fell together..

I see where your coming from and yes it would be ideal for this to happen again.It has been a few years since someone has JOINED the main event scene opposed to being PUT in the main event.Swagger and Sheamus have just been thrown in , and while this might not be a bad, it just isn't the same as what happened with Cena and Batista.

But what can you do, that's how shit goes down.

Once upon a time Royal Rumble was where mid-carders with potential got there major push and usually capitalized at Wrestlemania. I don't know why WWE has been doing what they've been doing and letting superstars who have been champions win the bout, but Rumble was definitely the place where future stars shined.

I thought this was a good thread to have man, respect.

But back to this business at hand. Superstars did get their major title break at the Rumble. And while we are on prestigious pay-per-views that gave future stars their break, what happened to King Of The Ring??? That was a great concept to have, and it helped put people over and perhaps gave them a big enough push to be recognized for WM.

Something similar to that, with the new guys being put into solid main-event slots, is going to have to happen. HBK's gone, Taker's on the wrong side of forty, and Triple H is getting pretty old. That's going to leave a big hole pretty soon, and people like Kofi and Miz are going to have to fill it. Yes, CultOfRaven, preferably through the Royal Rumble, or maybe Money in the Bank.

Ummm...For about the first 9 months of either of their reigns, they were so over it was rediculous. To my recollection, Cena began to get booed out of the arena a little later when people realised just how long he was going to be holding that belt for.

I think it was even more irritating for us because at the time there had to be 5 other championship calibre contenders going around, and another couple who were ripe for the pushin'

Just My Opinion

A new Wrestlemania 21 might just be what WWE needs to push a new superstar. The problem is that right now, there is no one fit to carry the company. Who are current superstars that WWE is desperately trying to push? Ted Debiase? Kofi Kingston? Jack Swagger? Dolph Ziggler? None of these guys CURRENTLY have what it takes to become WWE's next big thing which would make it difficult to "re-create" Wrestlemania 21. Not right now, at least.

When WWE pushed Cena and Batista during Wrestlemania 21 season, they were uber over with the crowd that pushing them was the logical thing to do at the time and they were established enough to step into the main event. That's why Wrestlemania 21 worked so well when it came to creating future Main Eventers in Cena, Batista, and Edge.

WWE has been doing such a piss poor job grooming its mid-card for the main event scene for so many years, it's sad. The only names that really stick out to me that ended up succeeding are Jeff Hardy and CM Punk. Now Hardy isn't even in WWE anymore.

So to answer the question, yes I believe that a new Wrestlemania 21 could do wonders for WWE but I don't see that happening right now with the WWE's current roster. Perhaps John Morrison within the next year or two will get that spot.

I think that will be a great way to book the coming Wrestlemania because the past few years the people who mainevented Wrestlemania already held a title and is an established star in the WWE. Two people who would fit perfectly for this role would be: John Morrison and Miz. Unfortunately Morrison isn't as over as Cena and Batista were during their pre-Wrestlemania victories so they should build-up Morrison as a legit contender for the title and a legit face. Miz on the other hand I think is over as a heel but needs to improve on his wrestling ability and on his physique. Other mid-carders who I think deserve to win the big one at Wrestlemania is: Kofi(his gimmick is kinda holding him back) and Christian.
That would make Wrestlemania more special seeing as though a superstar reaches the pinnacle of his career at Wrestlemania.

Honestly, I don't think the WWE is doing that bad at pushing people these days. It seems for a while now that we've been seeing a lot of newer talent going over some of the more veteran superstars (namely Kane and HBK, but more Kane than anyone else). While I agree, sometimes they just sort of give up after a while, like MVP or Evan Bourne, maybe they don't want to rush it. What if they just burn out? If they push a guy too quickly they sorta burn out then they have nowhere else to go. Thats probably why they took the title off Sheamus before he went to WrestleMania, but other than that, I really like what hes doing right now with Triple H.

Okay, but to give my insight on the "WM 21" concept, I'd like to see it next year. Perhaps WWE Champion John Cena defending against The Miz, where The Miz wins the title via a newer finished. Sorry, the Skull-Crushing Finale just doesn't seem to convince me. Then, World Heavyweight Champion Batista against Drew McIntyre. I think thats just the way to go. Then for the Money in the Bank, have MVP win, but make him revert back to his older character where he's flashy, arrogant, but totally badass. Then for kicks, John Morrison vs The Undertaker. Obviously 'Taker wins, but Morrison gives a hell of a performance, and the crowd begins to see him as the new HBK, which will undoubtedly put him in title contention. He could feud with The Miz for old time's sake, or feud with McIntyre. Either way...there's my two cents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back