• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dixie claiming "more surprises..."

Jimmy King

Future Moderater
So, with Hardcore Justice quickly approaching, Dreamer and Dixie have taken it upon themselves and the Twitter-verse to confirm every wrestler they can, while still claiming to have surprises in store. While everyone can say, "Well, there's still a bunch of ex-ECW wrestlers available." However, tons of news sites and blogs are confirming that almost 15 ECW wrestlers have rejected TNA's offer. Therefore, who's left?

I have two guesses as to any of their remaining "surprise guests." Both I feel are inevitable.

New Jack
N.J. is definitely one of the most controversial stars, especially within the IWC, of the past decade. Jack was involved in most of the original ECW's most shocking moments. Even when WWE did "One Night Stand" (and subsequently brought ECW back on air) fans and bloggers alike were wanting a New Jack appearance.

Terry Funk
Funk is definitely, aside from Foley, one of the only legends that ECW has. Sure, Douglas was at his prime there, but no wrestler really made a legacy for themselves, especially in old age, in ECW. Funk has definitely given his body to the name of ECW.

Who else do you see making an unannounced/surprise appearance at Hardcore Justice?

I really can't think of anybody else. If say, Dean Malenko were available and Chris Jericho actually had something nice to say about TNA then those two would certainly be huge coups. But they're not. I would say maybe Bam Bam Bigelow could be a huge surprise along with maybe Big Dick Dudley. The Eliminators could also be a huge surprise if Saturn and Kronus would be open to it. Other than those, I don't see anyone else

Not to make this sound horrible-- but didn't Bam Bam Bigelow pass away a few years ago?

I'd love to see New Jack. I don't think it will happen...but his matches and the stuff he did were crazy. I haven't even seen or heard the guys name in years.

New Jack would be an awesome guy to have at Hardcore Justice, I wholeheartedly agree. Considering there is always room for controversy in TNA, Jack would fit in nicely. Even just for a quick appearance, like some camera pan or something, I would be happy.

Despite him being pretty old, I would personally love to see 2 Cold Scorpio at Hardcore Justice. He was one of my favorite wrestlers in ECW and I would love to see him do his thing again.

2 Cold Scorpio is already confirmed for the show, so he won't be one of the surprises, and who's to say old ECW stars showing face are the only thing that constitute surprise anyway? Just sayin'...

Among the names that have been publicly confirmed for the show are Tommy Dreamer, Mick Foley, RVD, Team 3D, Raven, Rhino, Stevie Richards, Simon Diamond, Al Snow, Axl Rotten, Johnny Swinger, Sabu and 2 Cold Scorpio.

Anything beyond that can be considered a potential surprise.

I would have to say ---and forgive me if I mention someone who has already turned it down, but I would say Beulah? Francine? Alphonso? Blue Meanie? Nova? Chris Chetti? Tajiri? :worship:Super Crazy?:worship: I don't know the list of names that have turned it down, aside from Lance Storm, Amish Roadkill, Corinno, and Whipwreck. I got to thinking.....when Flair had his retirement match with HBK....--and grant it....Flair wasn't in his 40's, he pulled out all of the stops and I was thoroughly impressed with the way he moved in the ring, and even used a somewhat different skillset as opposed to the three chops, low blow, and whatever else. I say all of this---to bring me to this point: Flair knew how much it meant to the fans....and if ECW has an inkling of topping their last ONS, ....being "of age" shouldn't be a distraction or disruption and it has the potential of being a decent show.

Tajiri and Super Crazy are already confirmed as not showing up to the show, so don't expect to see them. yes, Bam Bam passed away. 2 Cold Scorpio is confirmed as a performer for the event. so none of those will be surprises.

Terry Funk would be amazing, if even not in a match. maybe just in a promo or as a referee or something. but he'd be a great surprise.

another good one, to me, would be Douglas vs. Flair. that'd be a very real match. i know that Douglas has not confirmed to show or has even confirmed to not show and that Flair has said that he wouldn't want to, but still... this would be a good surprise and could all be a work just to keep the surprise real.

Heyman would be a monster surprise and a welcomed one i'm sure.

Justin Credible maybe. he was a pretty big deal for a pretty long time. he'd be a good one to show up.

outside of those few names, i wonder if certain match ups or even match types might be the surprise. like Dreamer vs. Raven in a Barb-Wire match. even though we know both names will be there, the match type is the surprise. something like that.

Dixie loves her "surprises" even though they all suck. I bet she's saying this to get people interested, and that there won't be any surprises... but if there is then it'll be New Jack or maybe Terry Funk. That being said, those aren't really good surprises and it doesn't make the PPV all that more interesting, so this PPV will fail just like the rest of TNAs PPVs. Paul Heyman will not be the surprise, the man wants nothing to do with TNA.

You can scratch off the FBI (though it's unknown in what incarnation exactly they'll show), C.W. Anderson and Brother Runt from the list of potential surprises, as all have been confirmed by Dixie Carter via twitter this morning.

It's being reported that Tony Mamaluke and Little Guido are likely to show, and Tracy Smothers or Tommy Rich are on the fence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back