• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dixie Carter Will Guest on JR's "The Ross Report" Podcast

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
This from TNAInsider:

From JR on TNA and the upcoming interview;

“I think the spirit of the network being very promotional minded is very good for TNA. I think finding the network and finding where they moved, it’s always a challenge. I think short term might be challenging, but right out the storm, produce good TV shows, get people talking about them…I think long haul, it’s going to be a good move. I don’t know what they have to do to make it work with ratings and rights fees, but I will tell you this, I’m going to interview Dixie Carter for my podcast and that podcast is going to drop January 6th

“I’m anxious to talk to her and see how she feels…I do think the way the Network is promoting the iMPACT brand is very good and very promising. Now it’s just going to be up to TNA not to overthink the roster and out the guys in positions to underscore their strengths and hide their weaknesses. The good thing about this network if you wanted to have a 30 minute match with no commercial breaks, you can probably make it happen.”

--

T-minus three, two, one before "OMG TNA copying WWE again! Vince/Austin!"

Nah, but in all seriousness (even though I'm expecting at least one of those dumb ass posts), this should give them a lot of ears tilted at the product, as "The Ross Report" is regularly a top-10 podcast on iTunes among the Sports & Recreation category (right along side Austin and Jericho's, I believe, both of whom also cast via PodcastOne).

Brilliant move for both parties. For Ross landing a one on one with leader of a global promotion is a major score. For Dixie it is a tremendous opportunity to share her passion and vision for her company. With a true professional like Ross she will not only be protected but elevated.

Is there no one else in this company who is willing to represent their product?!?!

On paper making Dixie a representative and on screen character is a great idea. In practice it has been an awful execution. There has to be someone else qualified to speak on behalf of the company.

I really think if she is going on she needs to be humble and admit to her and TNA's failures. She needs to reveal one big piece of information which is hopefully that her full focus with be on the business side of TNA and someone new will be there to focus on everything on screen aka, the wrestling. That person would then join the podcast and promote the shit out TNA.

But that won't happen.

Omg what da fuk TNA, who dey think dey iz? WWE did dis what Austin/Vince first!!! Dey r such copycatz....

Okay, sorry I had too. I think this is a great idea. JR's Ross report has to be heard by many die hard fans. This exposure shall be great for TNA. I hope Dixie is not in "mark " mode and just make herself look like an ass. The exposure TNA is getting from Destination America and now this, this could be an awesome start to a hopeful turn around for TNA.

If Dixie wanted to be like McMahon she should be asked "Why aren't there better heels in the company?"

Dixie:"There aren't better heels because no one tries to be a heel and I also encourage them, but they don't have the ambition to be heels."

Next week, "Austin Aries heels it up, yells at fans, eye pokes opponent, calls Bobby Roode a wimp..." Dixie finds Aries character appalling, fires him for unsportsmanlike conduct.

Edit: This is more so a comment about how bullshit, phony Mr. McMahon is, then Dixie is.

Is there no one else in this company who is willing to represent their product?!?!

On paper making Dixie a representative and on screen character is a great idea. In practice it has been an awful execution. There has to be someone else qualified to speak on behalf of the company.

I really think if she is going on she needs to be humble and admit to her and TNA's failures. She needs to reveal one big piece of information which is hopefully that her full focus with be on the business side of TNA and someone new will be there to focus on everything on screen aka, the wrestling. That person would then join the podcast and promote the shit out TNA.

But that won't happen.

Who else would you want JR to speak to? Who would you prefer TNA send to speak to JR instead that has the ability to answer the questions that only she can? I can't think of 1 exec they have anyone would be satisfied with but I'd love to hear whom you'd rather Ross speaks to.

Dixie humbles herself before in various interviews, but if you're expect her to admit to anything Vince wouldn't you're bugging

It's a good idea and a good promotional tactic, but Dixie Carter shouldn't be the one JR is talking to for a number of reasons - lets just state the main one, a majority of the fanbase, TNA and wrestling in-general, don't like her. She's the person people blame for TNA's downhill spiral over the last five years. It should be John Gaburick they're talking to. He's the guy in control of the product and any questions about Destination America could also be answered by him. It'll be an interesting listen.

Who else would you want JR to speak to? Who would you prefer TNA send to speak to JR instead that has the ability to answer the questions that only she can? I can't think of 1 exec they have anyone would be satisfied with but I'd love to hear whom you'd rather Ross speaks to.

Dixie humbles herself before in various interviews, but if you're expect her to admit to anything Vince wouldn't you're bugging

I'm speaking from a business perspective. And from a business perspective Dixie is disliked and not respected by TNA fans and former TNA fans. Now is not the time for her to be doing her mea culpa. It is time for promotion and someone more respected should be doing that promotion. She has failed repeatedly at being a representative for TNA with all her "major announcements", Twitter blather, on screen "acting", hirings, the contracts she let expire, and most importantly her white lady casual wear. She is not relatable to your typical wrestling fan. She is a person whose life is the antithesis of what wrestling fans hold as their stated values.

She can do all the work in the world in the back but she needs to completely change who she is or learn how to act her role if she is to be helpful representing this company.

As far as who should be doing these podcasts? Anyone else. The wrestlers, agents, bookers, creative, just not Dixie.

I'm all for Dixie being on this podcast. I thought I read yesterday that she had turned him down. It is GOOD to see that she is doing it. I think TNA should do whatever possible to promote the brand. I liked the idea of Tenay and Jim Ross calling the first GFW show, (if the reports that there would have been TNA promoted on them as well).

But back to Dixie, I think if Dixie isn't a character here, but is Dixie; it will go great. I like the idea that @George Steele's Barber had in having Dixie on, and then having someone else come on that will handle the wrestling going forward. But who would that person be?

I do not know enough about their backstage to know whom that should be, but Jeremy Borash is super over with fans, so he could be the mouthpiece. Never let him be face or heel, just let him be JB and do interviews on behalf of the company. You can tell he is a huge fan of the company, let his passion shine. What do you think?

I think she's a babe but even being a successful business woman running a wrestling company is not her forte. She tries hard by even being put through the table , which she missed, but just doesn't have the wrestling mind to be in charge. I hope things turnaround with this redo.

Who else would you want JR to speak to? Who would you prefer TNA send to speak to JR instead that has the ability to answer the questions that only she can?

John Gaburick, the guy who is the Executive Vice President of Television Production, & former co-worker of JR :shrug:. I have no interest in listening to Dixie talk about anything ever, though I also think JR's podcast is shit, & stopped listening to it months ago, after growing tired of listening to him endlessly piss & moan about what's wrong with the business these days.

TNA is not like most businesses, in that the operation of the business is intended as a way for its operator to make money. There were always signs of it, but the real big indication of why TNA exists in the first place was when Panda Energy opted for a drastically smaller network distribution deal over the sale of a controlling ownership share to Spike/Viacom, at a time when financial and political economics made selling the company a really attractive proposition.

TNA exists because Dixie Carter wants to run a professional wrestling organization. That is the end-all, be-all purpose of their existence; profit has become irrelevant to what the company does. Panda Energy isn't willing to bankrupt themselves in order to give Dixie Carter a warm fuzzy, but they seem to be perfectly willing to accept having a unit of their company which doesn't generate profit.

So to that extent, any time you see TNA, you're going to see Dixie. There will be no "we're getting Dixie out of here" moment; if there is, it will last for a few months, before she takes the spotlight again- because that's what the company exists for. Without TNA, does Dixie Carter get invited to do JR's podcast? Which is the one being promoted here?

I think we'd all be pleased with a TNA product that had much less viewable Dixie Carter, for instance, none would be a good start. But without TNA, Dixie Carter is a nothing. We'll be seeing much more of her in any kind of TNA-related context that she can get away with without causing a riot.

Can't see how being on his Podcast is a bad thing. Everyone (mostly) love, and respect JR. Who better than to help promote your product? I just hope the heel Dixie On Air character is done. One of the things I think that hurt that whole angle was her being heel on TV, yet would always be on twitter as this nice person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back