• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dinner Impossible: Comedic potential in WWE

Klown_Karnage

Slapstick Heavyweight Champion
Well, I posted it once that I'd love to see Dinner Impossible take on the WWE and when it happened and I saw the result, I have to say I was tickled mercilessly, pleased beyond all expectation. For those who've seen Dinner Impossible, I think it goes without saying that Chef Irvine is a natural for at least a WWE appearance. He certainly looks the part, has the right intensity, and even if he may not have the necessary wrestling training (remains to be seen as I have no idea if he has any martial experience or not) he'd be great on the mic. Very quick wit. Besides, him squaring off with the Big Show in a thumb-war was hilarious beyond description. Truly words cannot do this little scene justice. Also, who else besides myself wants to see The Miz vs. Santino Marella in a Hardcore Kitchen Brawl?

I like that the WWE is getting some crossover on the food channel and would love to see more. I'd also like to see Chef Irvine make an appearance on the WWE, if not as a host on Raw (I don't know if he has enough mainstream fame for that) then at least make an appearance as...oh I don't know, special caterer for the VIP lounge and maybe giving MVP a little extra muscle in dealing with a gatecrasher.

Actually, what I'd really like to see is a Food Network hosting of Raw, bringing on...say four FN stars. I'd say Chef Irvine (for reasons I've already laid out), Alton Brown (as the quirky braniac but physically weak fellow for the WWE stars to intimidate), Cat Cora (a seriously tough gal, an Iron Chef after all), and Paula Dean (as the sassy older "mom" type that won't take any guff from anybody.) Some serious comedy potential here. Your thoughts?

I haven't seen the episode yet, but I love Dinner Impossible and Food Network in general. FN stars hosting a Raw wouldn't be too bad; it couldn't get any worse than some of the previous guest host. Maybe have Bobby Flay host one and challenge one of the superstars to a throwdown; it'd probably suck, but it can't be any worse than "Raw's Got Talent". I could also see Robert Irvine or even Duff Goldman hosting a Raw.

I like the idea of Duff Goldman or Robert Irvine hosting Raw. I have another idea. How about Rachael Ray? She would be pretty entertaining. She could do an in ring segment to prove that in any place or situation you can have a delicious and healthy meal. She then could make the main event match of the night a mixed battle royale to see who gets to eat the dinner that she made and there would be two winners: male and female.

Robert Irvine might actually even be decent in the ring, he is a British Military Veteran. Or as much as I can't stand him, but Guy Fieri has the intensity, or the Iron Chef Chairman. Rachael Ray, noooooooooooo. Unless her food is used in a hog pen match.

I loved the episode. The Miz yelling at the Potato like it was Chef Irvine was priceless. And the way Santino and Miz got into the argument, and Santino got scared when Miz chased him around.

I think The Miz was exciting throughout the entire show, and adding Santino was even greater.

I always watch the Food Network, and if I had to pick any of them to host a Raw, I would pick Gaida... she's got such a great sex appeal that she'd fit right in with the WWE Universe.

I also wouldn't mind seeing someone like Chef Irvine hosting. The guy's got the build, and even the other day, my brother came downstairs and saw the guy and was like "Is that Batista's brother?"

The only problem is that besides Rachel Ray, and maybe Paula Dean, nobody on Food Network is mainstream enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back