• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Die Hard 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch Henessey

Deploy the cow-catcher......
Staff member
So I was browsing around the internet today, and I came across a piece of news that reported a Die Hard 5 is in the works. Filming for this movie is supposed to start in 2011. I wasn't too crazy about Die Hard 4 because I felt some the action sequences were WAY over the top. It wasn't a bad film, but It wasn't all that good either. As for the setting of Die Hard 5, Bruce Willis has said he would like it to go "worldwide".

I loved the first Die Hard movie, and have watched it least 20 times,but my favorite Die Hard film has to be Die Hard With A Vengeance. Samuel L. Jackson, and Bruce Willis were great together, and you had a perfect villain in Jeremy Irons. Plus, the ending had a good surprise. What I want to know is, do you think there should be a Die Hard 5? Do you want to see it?

Die Hard 3 was a very good, and I felt this series should've ended with this movie. Like I said earlier, Die Hard 4 wasn't bad, but it also wasn't that good either. Die Hard 5 could be decent, but I don't think there should be any HIGH expectations for this film. What are your thoughts?

I've got no problem with another Die Hard film. I mean it's not like the franchise has ever pretended to be anything other than fun popcorn action flicks to enjoy at the movies, it's not like messing with a holy franchise like the Godfather or something. I rather enjoyed Live Free or Die Hard, so I'd definitely be up for seeing another Die Hard film, especially if they bring back some of the characters from LFDH.

I'll likely go see this if it ends up happening. Call me simple but I call going to the movie theaters to munch on some popcorn and watch Bruce Willis beat up terrorists is what I call a good time.

I love Die Hard, if Bruce Willis has still got it in him lets do it! Not to sure about the worldwide thing, he was a new york cop, should stay that way i think. it'd be nice for the scenic shots and for the cast to have a holiday, but logic would be stretched if they went all over the world.
The villain would have to carefully cast too.

I love the Die Hard series. Some of my favourite action films and I love Bruce Willis so this would be great if he does do another film. My favourite was number 1 but I love all of them and I thought Die Hard 4.0 was really good and I enjoyed it lots especially when Willis knocked the guy out of the window using the fire extinguisher.

I'm not sure if going around the world would be that good but I could see it working. I'll still probably watch it in the cinema or wait until it is on DVD.

I cant see any reason why another one wouldnt be made, as stated they are fun action flicks that were never taken seriously. There is absolutely no harm in making another one and another and another etc.

While I love my serious movies, it is still just great to sit down and watch a good fun action movie like any movie of the Die Hard series.

To me the first 3 almost seem separate than the 4th, and possibly 5th. The first 3 were all good movies for their own reasons (though some people didn't like the second). While I liked the 4th a lot, it seemed to me that the character John McLain wasn't the exact same character. The 4th one he started talking deeple about how "someone's gotta be that guy" and so on. It just didn't fit the old McLain. But I digress...

Anyways, hell yes I'd watch the 5th one, but I just would associate it differently from the original trilogy.

Something I've always liked about the series was the back story about John's marriage issues. in the first the seperated but get back togeter, in 2 they were doing pretty good, in 3 they're not even on speaking terms and it didn't help when he tries to call her and just leaves the phone hanging. Then in 4 they're divorced and even his kids don't like him but he's able to get back on Lucy's good side. Maybe in number 5 John and his wife could be trying to work it but keeps getting side tracked by work.
I know his relationship isn't a big part of the series especially since its an action movie series but I've always been entertained by it. But about the going around the world thing, that wouldn't make any sense. Like someone said above, he's just a city cop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back