Did tna Really thrash ECW?

Deexter Jorgan

Has a Dark Passenger on board...
This thread was started due to people, including Lance Storm stateing that ECW on Sci Fi was thrashed by TNA Impact in the ratings, I want everyone to tell me there opinion on this and why they think TNA did or didnt thrash ECW in the ever aparent Ratings war!

I for one dont think that TNA did what everyone claims they have done, thrash ECW, for instance on the tuesday night spot ECW secures a 1.4 or higher rating, as TNA secures a regular 1.1 on thursday nights

When ECW was switched to thursday to compete with the second hour of TNAm alot of fans whod normally watch the show didnt, so the lack of consistancy dropped ECW's demographic audience, (remember what the switch to friday did to smackdowns ratings), just because TNA retained there consistant demographic doesnt mean that they thrashed ECW, it just means that they managed to maintain their target audience while ECW's switch hurt the brand as a whole.

Thats my two sents everyone else tell me what you think of this

I believe that it makes a bold statement. It says tat while TNA may not have a big audience right now, that WWE can't sway away their audience with their third teir show. It shows that TNA's root audience is there and watches the show faithfully week in and week out. It was such a blow that Sci-fi decided not to do it again and changed the date of a future ECW showing that was set to air in Thursday back to Tuesday. This might have actually been an experiement by both th WWE and Sci-fi to see just how die hard TNA's fans are that watch their show. I think that a good experiement would be to have Smackdown run head to head with TNA once, to see if they could effect the audience. But for now, Vince has to take note that his third class show can't compete with TNA's product. If he runs Smackdown head to head with TNA and a similar thing happens, then Vince might have to admit that TNA is possibily a future threat.

I believe that it makes a bold statement. It says tat while TNA may not have a big audience right now, that WWE can't sway away their audience with their third teir show. It shows that TNA's root audience is there and watches the show faithfully week in and week out. It was such a blow that Sci-fi decided not to do it again and changed the date of a future ECW showing that was set to air in Thursday back to Tuesday. This might have actually been an experiement by both th WWE and Sci-fi to see just how die hard TNA's fans are that watch their show. I think that a good experiement would be to have Smackdown run head to head with TNA once, to see if they could effect the audience. But for now, Vince has to take note that his third class show can't compete with TNA's product. If he runs Smackdown head to head with TNA and a similar thing happens, then Vince might have to admit that TNA is possibily a future threat.

no man they arent a threat, I think tna should try runing on tuesday and see what happens then, probably the same in reverse Scifi pulls a constant number and tna pulls crap, the reason that they did a bad number is because ecw fans are used to the slot, you cant take a show away from it usual time slot and expect people to watch it,they may have other things going on, they may even tivo it, you cant say that it is a bold statement, because tnas wrestling brand is nothing compare to the wwes, man they should just habe tna compete with raw then well see who wins that deathmatch!

It wouldn't be a fair fight to put TNA on Monday night to compete with Raw. And why? because Raw has been going strong for 15 years now, and in general the WWE has been around for 30-50+ years. Hell the name WCW was around for 5+ years which was built off the 90+ year running NWA before they challenged WWF Raw in 1995.

Let TNA build a fan base for 10+ years at least then maybe just match it up with Smackdown, and I know then it would put up a fight.

As for ECW vs TNA... Everyone knows the ECW brand sucks since it's return. Why tune into watch maybe 2-3 world class talents wrestle, when I can watch 10-15 world class talents wrestle in much MUCH better matches.

As for Vince I can't say he's smart enough to out do TNA, he would just rather buy up the TNA talents or buy the company, than make a effort to put on the better wrestling show hint the word wrestling NOT storyline, not interviews but wrestling.

It wouldn't be a fair fight to put TNA on Monday night to compete with Raw. And why? because Raw has been going strong for 15 years now, and in general the WWE has been around for 30-50+ years. Hell the name WCW was around for 5+ years which was built off the 90+ year running NWA before they challenged WWF Raw in 1995.

Let TNA build a fan base for 10+ years at least then maybe just match it up with Smackdown, and I know then it would put up a fight.

As for ECW vs TNA... Everyone knows the ECW brand sucks since it's return. Why tune into watch maybe 2-3 world class talents wrestle, when I can watch 10-15 world class talents wrestle in much MUCH better matches.

As for Vince I can't say he's smart enough to out do TNA, he would just rather buy up the TNA talents or buy the company, than make a effort to put on the better wrestling show hint the word wrestling NOT storyline, not interviews but wrestling.

tna doesnt put on a wrestling show, they put on a similar product to the wwe, the main problem with tis situation is that TNA Is not the wwe, i know your a die hard fan bioshock but you have to admit that tna is a mere shell of what it was when the company first started

It's evolved to become more mainstream, but it still has crucial elements that appeal to the old fans. I don't see much wrong with the TNA product, it's underrated by the IWC in my opinion. Yes, it's inconsistent, but name a wrestling show that isn't.

It's evolved to become more mainstream, but it still has crucial elements that appeal to the old fans. I don't see much wrong with the TNA product, it's underrated by the IWC in my opinion. Yes, it's inconsistent, but name a wrestling show that isn't.

I disagree sam, i feel that the show has lost its edge, at least the wwe makes feuds that lead from conflict to gain a solution tna doesnt, they create conflict that has no solution (apart form angle joe 1) the reason fans love the product so much is that they get to see guys like booker and angle and the tna stars which i believe if booker gets his way there will be no more tna home grown talent

I'm one of the people who doesn't find it to be very significant that TNA 'thrashed' ECW. I mean, true, ECW's rating dropped. But that was expected. It's expected for a tv to drop in ratings when it is shown on a night that it is not usually shown on. It's the reason Arrested Development didn't survive. Fox kept moving it around, keeping the show from gaining a regular audience. TNA, on the other hand, should have been expecting bigger numbers that week. But, and I may be wrong here, TNA got the same 1.1 rating that it has had every week since it started up on Spike. That to me is not very impressive. Because I know that almost every person who watches TNA is a big fan and makes sure that they tune in every week. At best, TNA proved that it is capable alternative to WWE, and I applaud them for that. But I think it also proved that it is not ready to compete with WWE. If they moved TNA to Tues., yes, it may do some damage to ECW. If they move it to Fri., it could maybe, MAYBE compete with Smackdown, because from what I've heard, a big portion of both SD and Impacts viewers are Hispanic(hence why Mysterio and LAX are huge draws to their perspective shows). But Dixie Carter has stated that thier goal is to compete with RAW. Now, WWE proved with the 15th anniversary show, when they advertise and put on a show that people are truly interested to see, they can pull in big numbers still. TNA, on the other hand, no matter how hard they try, can't get past that 1.1 number. Personally, I would love to see TNA succeed. But I don't think that they can with the direction they're going in. Had TNA stayed the course, pushing AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, and Chris Daniels, I think they would have gotten noticed. But more and more, they are beginning to look like WCW2.0, and to be honest, I was never a fan of WCW. I was raised watching WWE as a kid, and that's how it stayed. And they are alot of people out there who have the same mentality. However, I am open to alternatives. But TNA is no longer trying to be an alternative, even if they trying to keep advertising themselves as such. When I first caught on to TNA on Fox Sports, I would watch it whenever I could. Now that TNA is a low-calorie WWE, however, I couldn't care less.
The Thanksgiving edition was the first time in a while that I've caught Impact since the spring. I was playing a poker game with some friends who weren't fans of wrestling, but it was on and we had it in the background. Now, I hadn't caught the spoilers, so I didn't know what was gonna happen. I was happy to see that AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, and Chris Sabin were in the main event. It was already partway through the match, but I could tell they were having a grood match. And my friends actuall got interested. My friends, who didn't like wrestling, were impressed with the match. Joe pinned Styles. And then we found out the stipulation for losing- AJ styles was going to wear a turkey suit. They then cut to Kurt Angle dressed as a pilgrim and Thanksgiving dinner in the back. And at that moment, my friends completely forgot what they had just saw. They rolled there eyes made a few wrestling jokes, and went back to poker. And in that moment, for the first time ever, I felt embarrassed to be a wrestling fan. And a single tear rolled down my cheek, one single tear, for I was mourning the loss of the old TNA. Not once have I ever felt ashamed while watching WWECW, or SD, or RAW. Sure, they have some bad creative ideas going on there sometimes. But how TNA plans on competing at WWE's level with THAT, I don't know. My only hope is that great guys like Joe, Styles, and the MCMG will get a good offer from WWE and they take it. Cuz they are not gonna get the exposure thay deserve on WCW2.0.

P.S.-- Very good thread IMO, DJ. I'd rep ya, but I don't have any rep power. But it's the thought that counts.

I'm one of the people who doesn't find it to be very significant that TNA 'thrashed' ECW. I mean, true, ECW's rating dropped. But that was expected. It's expected for a tv to drop in ratings when it is shown on a night that it is not usually shown on. It's the reason Arrested Development didn't survive. Fox kept moving it around, keeping the show from gaining a regular audience. TNA, on the other hand, should have been expecting bigger numbers that week. But, and I may be wrong here, TNA got the same 1.1 rating that it has had every week since it started up on Spike. That to me is not very impressive. Because I know that almost every person who watches TNA is a big fan and makes sure that they tune in every week. At best, TNA proved that it is capable alternative to WWE, and I applaud them for that. But I think it also proved that it is not ready to compete with WWE. If they moved TNA to Tues., yes, it may do some damage to ECW. If they move it to Fri., it could maybe, MAYBE compete with Smackdown, because from what I've heard, a big portion of both SD and Impacts viewers are Hispanic(hence why Mysterio and LAX are huge draws to their perspective shows). But Dixie Carter has stated that thier goal is to compete with RAW. Now, WWE proved with the 15th anniversary show, when they advertise and put on a show that people are truly interested to see, they can pull in big numbers still. TNA, on the other hand, no matter how hard they try, can't get past that 1.1 number. Personally, I would love to see TNA succeed. But I don't think that they can with the direction they're going in. Had TNA stayed the course, pushing AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, and Chris Daniels, I think they would have gotten noticed. But more and more, they are beginning to look like WCW2.0, and to be honest, I was never a fan of WCW. I was raised watching WWE as a kid, and that's how it stayed. And they are alot of people out there who have the same mentality. However, I am open to alternatives. But TNA is no longer trying to be an alternative, even if they trying to keep advertising themselves as such. When I first caught on to TNA on Fox Sports, I would watch it whenever I could. Now that TNA is a low-calorie WWE, however, I couldn't care less.
The Thanksgiving edition was the first time in a while that I've caught Impact since the spring. I was playing a poker game with some friends who weren't fans of wrestling, but it was on and we had it in the background. Now, I hadn't caught the spoilers, so I didn't know what was gonna happen. I was happy to see that AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, and Chris Sabin were in the main event. It was already partway through the match, but I could tell they were having a grood match. And my friends actuall got interested. My friends, who didn't like wrestling, were impressed with the match. Joe pinned Styles. And then we found out the stipulation for losing- AJ styles was going to wear a turkey suit. They then cut to Kurt Angle dressed as a pilgrim and Thanksgiving dinner in the back. And at that moment, my friends completely forgot what they had just saw. They rolled there eyes made a few wrestling jokes, and went back to poker. And in that moment, for the first time ever, I felt embarrassed to be a wrestling fan. And a single tear rolled down my cheek, one single tear, for I was mourning the loss of the old TNA. Not once have I ever felt ashamed while watching WWECW, or SD, or RAW. Sure, they have some bad creative ideas going on there sometimes. But how TNA plans on competing at WWE's level with THAT, I don't know. My only hope is that great guys like Joe, Styles, and the MCMG will get a good offer from WWE and they take it. Cuz they are not gonna get the exposure thay deserve on WCW2.0.

P.S.-- Very good thread IMO, DJ. I'd rep ya, but I don't have any rep power. But it's the thought that counts.

Thats what this thread is all about getting an opinion and EDGE FAN i agree so strongly with that opinion, you made a bold statement and it was the same statement that i wanted to make is that tna did nothing for themselves as a show, i yearn for the days of daniels vs aj, for joe vs aj, for the time where aj was a main eventer not an idiot dressed in a turkey suit, if you tna enthusiasts want to state otherwise please come to the thread i want to hear more opinions about this, the simple fact is tna drew the same numbers and ecw didnt due to the time slot shift now anyone that can prove different please tell me

Okay, it is very obvious that you people don't read my post before you respond. I said that the fact that TNA still pulled in the same rating, even the WWE product was broadcast on the same night. It showed that TNA has a hardcore fans base that aren't just average fans who only watch the product because they don't have competition on that night. I stated that a good EXPERIMENT would be to run a Smackdown against Impact to see how the fans react. TNA is NOT ready to go head to head with RAW, by any means. But if you want to see how much crap TNA is, then look at this week's Impact rating, which finally gained a tiny bit of ground and may mean that TNA is slowly but surely on the rise.

A small problem here is this: TNA impact needs to be live. Say anything you want but there is a fan base out there that reads the spoilers the day there out. And TNA has spoilers what 1-2+ weeks in advance. All I know is tapped shows can't help in the effort to gain ratings in any way shape or form. Sure its good for the wrestlers I bet.

Very true.If I didn't know what was gonna happen, I might be more likely to watch the show and see what happens. Because I'm not a fan of the majority of TNA's content, I read the spoilers first, and then decide if there's a match I'd like to see. There very rarely is, though.
Where is LAX? Where is Chris Daniels? Where is Rhyno? Why are there two face announcers saying the same exact things? Why is AJ Styles wearing a turkey outfit and a reindeer costume and playing jester to Angle, Cage, and Tomko? Although hearing about him scream Tomko IS a very funny way to end the show. If they let AJ Styles out of Angle and Christian's shadow, I would have no problem with having AJ Styles be a comic heel. But he's a clown for other stars' amusement, and he does not deserve that.

A small problem here is this: TNA impact needs to be live. Say anything you want but there is a fan base out there that reads the spoilers the day there out. And TNA has spoilers what 1-2+ weeks in advance. All I know is tapped shows can't help in the effort to gain ratings in any way shape or form. Sure its good for the wrestlers I bet.

Sorry to say this, but the whole issue with the fact that tna is live is alod of crap, this is due to the fact that tna keeps chashing a holy grail, they keep looking for that one thing that will put them over the edge well im sorry to say they kept asking and asking and chasing that so called holy graill they keep getting it and it does not make any difference, they said they needed two hours, did it make a difference? they said they needed more top stars, they achieved that but did it add to there buy rate?

the answer to all this is no, they needto work with what they have and just keep bringing a product that brings an alternative to the wwe like they used to AND THEN SEE THE RATINGS RISE

You will never get over the top by just doing this or just doing that. It takes time. It took the UFC over 10+ years to get where its at. And even WWE is only about half as good as it ever was for Monday Night Raw. Say TNA is doing crap here and crap there, TNA has gained a fan base for 3+ years now and hasn't lost any of it. WWE had almost 6 million viewers watching Raw every week, now there very lucky to ever get over 4 million.

So one point is to get viewers, another point is to keep the viewers you get, and WWE has so far failed at that, not just in the last 10 years, but in the last 20+ years. TNA has so far only gained viewers and they haven't lost any since.

You will never get over the top by just doing this or just doing that. It takes time. It took the UFC over 10+ years to get where its at. And even WWE is only about half as good as it ever was for Monday Night Raw. Say TNA is doing crap here and crap there, TNA has gained a fan base for 3+ years now and hasn't lost any of it. WWE had almost 6 million viewers watching Raw every week, now there very lucky to ever get over 4 million.

So one point is to get viewers, another point is to keep the viewers you get, and WWE has so far failed at that, not just in the last 10 years, but in the last 20+ years. TNA has so far only gained viewers and they haven't lost any since.

but dont you think that coz your more of a tna loyalist you say that, your not saying that because you hate the wwe, its more coz you think tna is better, im a wrestling enthusiast i loved wrestling since the wccw days, i really see tna as a wcw copy and trying to duplicate the wwes formulae i hope it succeeds but the truth is they are doing something that they shouldnt copying someone elses formulae and it wont work for them

but dont you think that coz your more of a tna loyalist you say that, your not saying that because you hate the wwe, its more coz you think tna is better, im a wrestling enthusiast i loved wrestling since the wccw days, i really see tna as a wcw copy and trying to duplicate the wwes formulae i hope it succeeds but the truth is they are doing something that they shouldnt copying someone elses formulae and it wont work for them

No I'm not a TNA loyalist. In fact up to early this year I thought TNA sucked. And I have been a fan of WWE since I started watching wrestling 18+ years ago. But I thought WWE went over the deep end with the Vince Mcmahon crap this year (death angle). Thats when I turned to TNA, and since then I think TNA has been better. Thats my 2 cents though. But don't call me a loyalist, thats reserved for someone thats been a fan since the company started.

I tune in to see good wrestling, that WWE lacks. I just don't give a shit about watching a soap opera. Least TNA is a little soft on soap opera garbage. WWE anymore just relies on it way to much.

I agree with some of you and disagree with some of you Yes TNA has a fan base over 3years but they have to stop releasing wrestlers such as Senshi and Ron Killings! Get new stars and I mean new stars to fill TNAs 2 hour slot coz so far this past TNA was not that good! There is a problem with releasing the spoliers of their taped shows and I lll decided if its worth watching when I can be out on a Saturday night! WWE has honestly lost viewers and many are unhappy wrestlers so Carlito is an idioto for staying in WWE when he could ve become a TNA champion and his name would be recognized far more since TNA does business with AAA in Mexico same goes for Jerkiko who I said to many WWE Marks he will lose and he will job and he did just that they gave him a pointless feud with the Ted Dibiase wannabee(JBL) yawwwwwwn
if thats a wrestlemania match building up I won t bother! Plus WWE is repeating the same old pattern with thier main events so again will see Batista vs HHH yawwwwwn and who will Randy Orton go up against Jeff Hardy? he is no main eventer
The only thing I want to see TNA do is get Ted Turner and have him buy TNA coz thats the only way TNA will survive and WCW will be resurected once again I was a huge WCW fan and their product was 10 times better than this garbage we watch on WWE since McMoron hogs the show constantly
where are the bouts? all we see is stupidity and talks! Where are the bouts?
like I said Jerkiko should get his highlight reel show back on and stay away from wrestling coz he needs to greatly improve and this what I had to say so
like me or dislike me I can take it as well as I can dish it out. C'MON!!

I agree with some of you and disagree with some of you Yes TNA has a fan base over 3years but they have to stop releasing wrestlers such as Senshi and Ron Killings! Get new stars and I mean new stars to fill TNAs 2 hour slot coz so far this past TNA was not that good! There is a problem with releasing the spoliers of their taped shows and I lll decided if its worth watching when I can be out on a Saturday night! WWE has honestly lost viewers and many are unhappy wrestlers so Carlito is an idioto for staying in WWE when he could ve become a TNA champion and his name would be recognized far more since TNA does business with AAA in Mexico same goes for Jerkiko who I said to many WWE Marks he will lose and he will job and he did just that they gave him a pointless feud with the Ted Dibiase wannabee(JBL) yawwwwwwn
if thats a wrestlemania match building up I won t bother! Plus WWE is repeating the same old pattern with thier main events so again will see Batista vs HHH yawwwwwn and who will Randy Orton go up against Jeff Hardy? he is no main eventer
The only thing I want to see TNA do is get Ted Turner and have him buy TNA coz thats the only way TNA will survive and WCW will be resurected once again I was a huge WCW fan and their product was 10 times better than this garbage we watch on WWE since McMoron hogs the show constantly
where are the bouts? all we see is stupidity and talks! Where are the bouts?
like I said Jerkiko should get his highlight reel show back on and stay away from wrestling coz he needs to greatly improve and this what I had to say so
like me or dislike me I can take it as well as I can dish it out. C'MON!!

Senshi and Killings asked for thier releases.
Why would you say that TNA needs new stars, and then in the very next sentence say that Carlito should have gone to TNA and become a TNA Champion. You're also always ranting about how Jericho should have gone to TNA. I also recall you name dropping The Rock, Hogan, DDP, Trish, Lita, Melina, Mickie James, Candice, and Melina as people TNA should pick up. So, which is it, build new stars or sign the big names? Quit flip-flopping.
Why would Ted Turner buy TNA? After his experience with WCW, he has no interest in wrestling. And that's CLEARLY not the only thing you want to aee TNA do because you are always, repeat, ALWAYS dropping the names of people that you are so sure TNA needs to sign to "beat" WWE, something they won't be able to do while AJ Styles is dressing up in a costume for every major holiday. 50 bucks says AJ Styles goes blackface for Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
That last line sounds familiar. I think I've read it somewhere before...
And now for my favorite part...

1. It's spelled spoilers, not spoliers.
2."and I lll decided if its worth watching when I can be out on a Saturday night!". I'll assume you know why that's a stupid statement and move on.
3.Whether that was supposed to be English or Spanish, it's still wrong both ways.
4.It's could've, not could ve. We aren't in Transylvania.
5.It's wannabe. Even spell check knows it.
6."thats" should have an apostrophe.
7.Instead of just will it should be "we'll" or "we will".
8.Missed the apostrophe in "that's" again.
9."WCW will be resurected once again." Well, firstly, it's spelled resurrected. And WCW can't be resurrected once again because WCW was never resurrected a first time, unless you're counting the Invasion storyline.
10."and this what I had to say". ACTUALLY, you had to say this:
"and this is(or was, it's your choice) what I had to say.
A perfect ten, although I gave you free pass on the missed capitals and coz's. I'm in the giving, Christmas spirit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back