• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Did Bret Hart ruin HBK's career?

JenksIX

Pre-Show Stalwart
So, everyone knows HBK and Vince screwed Bret Hart back in 1997. Bret was a loyal WWE guy, but Vince and HBK wanted him out in order to have full control of the company.

Anyway, the 97' Screwjob happened and I'm just wondering if it hadn't been for Bret Hart, would Shawn Michaels have been the best wrestler of all time?

I'm not talking in-ring performers either. Everyone knows Shawn Michaels was the best in-ring performer of all-time and he proved it late 90s, early 00s. But all around wrestler of all-time? I think Shawn Michaels is leagues beyond Hulk Hogan and Austin and I have no problem saying he's the best wrestler of all time.

I just wonder if the Hart situation hurt him any with most fans. As far as WWE is concerned, Shawn Michael is Mr. Hall of Fame (tm.) I just feel that midcarder Bret Hart has to much to say in Shawn's legacy and alot of this site subscribe to this idea that Bret was better, Bret was cleaner, and Shawn had to cheat to get ahead as well as take years off and a number of under handed ideas.

Anyway, I fell Shawn Michael is the best ever and I tuned in everynight during the Attitude Era just to see him! Hogan, Austin, Rock, Hart, Warrior, Goldberg etc ... none of them mean the same to me as the Heatbreak Kid! No one had the pretty look like him or the body.

HBK was one of a kind and he'll never be duplicated which is why he's #1 forever and for always. His matches with Undertaker were the best I ever seen and better then any Dean Malenko 97' match I ever saw. HBK is #1, Taker is #2, Triple H is #3 and everyone else can fight for their spots. No one has meant nearly as much as those 3.

If you ain't down with that...

Wow!! Calling him a douche really made your point, freaking idiot!! Hbk is the greatest of all time and nothing will change that.. The screwjob did what it had to do, get the belt off of bret hart.. Hell bret harts name is only relevant today cause of the screwjob..

Yeah ok there, "freaking idiot".

I mean, my point was that I found him, or at least his past self, to be a douche. So I said so in no uncertain terms. I think I really did make my point.

HBK was an asshole in the 90's. But he didn't ruin Bret's career (although he tried) and Bret far from ruined HBK's.

I'm curious because I can't remember: did HBK lose his smile because he was being a whiny bitch and didn't want to drop the strap to Hart at Wrestlemania, or was it because he got his ass stomped out by some Marines in Syracuse?

Yeah he did get jumped by some Marines.. You should try to get jumped by Marines and still continue to work at the same level..

Agreed, the serious biznezz forums are up higher. We can call HBK a douche all we want here. I also think the reformed Christian act is all bullshit too. If he was so born again you think he would have helped put some people over during his second run, instead, him and his buddy HHH shit stomped an entire tag division twice, severely stunting careers in the process that are just now recovering.

Wow!! Calling him a douche really made your point, freaking idiot!! Hbk is the greatest of all time and nothing will change that.. The screwjob did what it had to do, get the belt off of bret hart.. Hell bret harts name is only relevant today cause of the screwjob..

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Yeah the Marines incident had nothing to do with the smile/Wrestlemania scenario. He simply didnt want to do the job. And to me, his legacy will always suffer because of it.

Hahaha, this comment is coming from the same stupid asshole who calls Hulk Hogan a piece of shit! Just because HBK is one of wrestling's greatest figures ever...yes I'll admit to this myself considering I'm a fan that doesn't necessarily equate to him being a wholesome and great man despite how WWE loves to bludgeon us with HBK's born again Christian stuff (which for all we know could be a well played work in and of itself)

Bottom line is this if professional wrestling was built on the personal conduct and character of its performers, the industry as we know it would cease to exist.

Nice try dxparza but you sound like a stupid little bitch ass cunt which never changes because your posts typically speak for themselves you stupid asshole.

But getting back on point, no Bret Hart did not ruin HBK's career, things worked out the way they were supposed to (I'm still convinced Montreal was a work, you're going to have REALLY prove to me that it wasn't considering that we are talking about professional wrestling). In my opinion it's just what it was, Bret went on to leave WWF and got a seriously good deal with WCW (granted they did not use him as well they should have but I am sure the money was good enough for the Hitman) and HBK had a consistent career outside a four year break.

All's well that ended well as far I am concerned considering that both are Hall OF Famers in WWE these days.

Bottom Line - People like dxparza are eternal dumbfucks.

Shawn Micheal`s career has never been ruined, he had a glittering career. Ups and downs.

I think the wrestlers whos careers has been ruined are the ones that get caught taking steriods, drugs etc.

Like Jeff Hardy, Matt Hardy and the Road Dogg just as examples.

I don`t think Shawn ever got caught taking drugs even though he took them on the road along with the rest of the kliq.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back