Detail's On Quentin Tarantino's Next Film

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
Quentin Tarantino on for a Hell Ride
He's presenting a new film by a bike pic legend
13 Mar 2007 5:25pm

Grindhouse is proof - if proof be needed - that Quentin Tarantino is obsessed with all things cinematically scuzzy. He also enjoys bringing other filmmakers to our attention under the cover of his Quentin Tarantino Presents label.

The latest to be anointed by the magic marker of QT is Larry Bishop, a man who has made a career out of starring in B-movie biker adventures such as The Savage Seven and Hot Leather. Now he’s adding writing and directing to his skills as he's dreamed up Hell Ride, the tale of a biker gang who avenge the death of one of their own.

Dimension Films has unsurprisingly decided to stump up the dosh to make the movie, and Bishop is busy counting his good fortune that he helped inspire the young Tarantino. And now he’s seeing the benefits - such as private screenings of his old films at Quentin’s house... "I got there, he's got a 60-seat theatre, and a lobby, and there are posters of my movies all over the place," Bishop told Variety. "The movie ends and he says, let's make the greatest motorcycle movie ever. And so I spent five years writing it. When I got on the phone with Bob Weinstein, I was ready with 10 folders with budget breakdowns, all kinds of stuff. The first thing Bob says is, he gives me a budget and says, if you can make it for that budget, I am greenlighting this, right now."

So here we are: Bishop will start shooting this year...

Damnit Jake, your thread title is almost as deceiving as QT's recent tactics.

I've vowed never to watch a "Quentin Tarantino presents" movie ever again unless the movie is really interesting (like Hero). It just pisses me off. I like how he's bringing up directors who aren't very well known but it's still annoying that the only reason these movies are making money are because of Quentin.

Seriously though I thought this thread was going to be about Inglorious Bastards! I wonder when that one's going to come out. heard Michael Keaton's going to be in it.

Never. That film's been in the pipeline for age's. I think he's just got a cool name but nor real film to go with it. It's the same with The Vega Brother's, that's probably never going toi happen either.

Maybe he's sick of making movies?

Oh well, he'll be in the shadows doing what he's doing for the next like 5 years and then he'll come out with another great film, I guess that's how it works with him.

I think the expectation is too much for him. Everyone make's a big scene whenever a new film of his come's out. Maybe he's scared of making a bad film. His worst film has to be Four Room's. Which is shit but he made it with three other filmaker's. So maybe in his eye's that share's the blame a bit. Also Grindhouse is a double feature so if it suck's he'll only get half the blame.

Or he's biding his time and Inglorious Bastard's will be the greatest war film of all time.

What did you think of Kill Bill?

I personally loved it, and I liked volume 2 the most. I find that a lot of people were expecting another japanese fighting type of movie coming into volume 2, and not a spaghetti western, and that's why people didn't like it, but I just loved how he completely changed styles from one movie to another.

I liked how different from each other they were. I'm really into old school warrior film's. And Sonny Chiba is one of my personal favorite's. Some of my mate's said it was too slow in some part's. But I dont mind because I like a slow build up. I find action is always better if you have to wait for it.

Agreed. I find it really cool how he has a style but all his movies are different styles at the same time.

Reservoir Dogs - Heist Movie.
Pulp Fiction - Gangster movie
Jackie Brown - Blacksploitation
Kill Bill I - Japanese fighting movie
kill Bill II - Spaghetti Western.

Yet they're all so incredibly Tarantino. people seem to associate him with the gangster movie though, which I find kinda funny.

I think Jackie Brown is really underated. It's like the forgotten Tarantino film. I prefer it to Pulp Fiction. It's still a good film but it's dated terribly. When you watch it now you can just tell that it was filmed in the early 90's. Reservoir Dog's look's as fres today as it did when it was released.

I think Jackie Brown is really underated. It's like the forgotten Tarantino film. I prefer it to Pulp Fiction. It's still a good film but it's dated terribly. When you watch it now you can just tell that it was filmed in the early 90's. Reservoir Dog's look's as fres today as it did when it was released.

To be fair they remastered Reservoir Dogs, lol.

Pulp Fiction was a cult hit, and I absolutely loved it the first time i saw it when I was younger, but these days I can't bring myself to watch it again, it's not something you want to watch over and over again.

I don't know why...

But Jackie Brown is my favorite Tarantino Film and on my top 5-10 of all time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back