Destination X: Sting vs Kurt Angle - TNA World Heavyweight Championship

Rusty

Is hanging up the boots
TNA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH
Kurt Angle vs. Champion "The Icon" Sting​

I'm highly interested in this match. This new feud between Sting and Angle seems very fresh considering it happened just over a year ago. Their chemistry this time around seems a lot better. Let's face it, this is TNA's biggest match possible, and nobody else is worthy to challenge Sting for the Title since Rhino and the Dudleys have had their turns. And Samoa Joe and AJ Styles are busy attempting to kill Scott Steiner and Booker T respectively. And if you think I'm overexaggerating with the "kill" part, you thought wrong. But that's for another thread.

I seriously have no idea who will win this match. It should be a great and brutal match despite no weapons being allowed. If Angle and Sting hated each other so much, why not make it a No Disqualification? Then I just remembered, Lockdown is next month. You know, the shitty pay per view where every match takes place inside a steel cage?

Anyway, this match should be great and long in duration. Rusty hears a certain rumor that Mick Foley is wrestling at Lockdown next month, and if that is true, then Sting is obviously the favourite to win here. Putting the belt back on Angle won't serve much purpose as we have seen Angle beat Styles, Samoa Joe, Jeff Jarrett and every other TNA main eventer. So for reasons that I've mentioned above, I hope Sting pins Angle cleanly here to retain his TNA World Title.

Im actually looking forward to this match at Destination X. But i dont think they should have a nodq match for there first single match in a year. Why because it might overshadow the Ultimate X match. But what i think will happen is there going to have a single match no gmmicks and have Mick foley turn on sting with the ref down and have Kurt angle win the title back with foley doing the 3 count. Think about it foley owns part of the company storyline wise. And Foley could join the mafia after screwing sting and being the replacement that the mafia needs. Then when they built up for the lockdown ppv they well have a story and that story will mean that sting cost foley the title and he wants revange and he will only be satisfied in a steel cage i no i went way off topic but i think thats whats going to happen

It's the biggest and best main event TNA can produce right now. Which is why we'll likely see it again at this year's Bound For Glory. It's all well and good manking the match, but I'm not sure where they're going to go next. I'll assume that Angle will win and Sting will then take a couple of months off. Who exactly is Angle going to face? It's not like TNA has made any new stars since the beginning of the Frontline/MEM feud. If anything they have less.

I'm excited for the match but I'm not excited about the timing. As Jake said, they haven't built up any stars since this storyline started so if either wins, where are they going to go from here. The buildup has been nice and I wonder if Booker, Scott, and Nash will play a part of the outcome. I see Sting winning this match and feuding with Samoa Joe after Joe gets done with Steiner.

Im also looking forward to Kurt Angle vs. Sting at Destination X & also belive that they have more chemistry this time around then they did at Bound For Glory 2007.

I think Mick Foley will turn on Sting therefore costing him the Championship & making Kurt Angle the new World Heavyweight Champion. Mick Foley will join the MEM & Sting will join the Frontline.

Then at Lockdown it will be -
Mick Foley vs. Sting

Also at Lockdown it will be -
Kurt Angle,Booker T,Scott Steiner & Kevin Nash vs. Jeff Jarrett, AJ Styles, Rhino & Samoa Joe.

While im at it my dream card fro Bound For Glory 2009 woul be the following -

TNA World Heavyweight Championship
Samoa Joe vs. AJ Styles

TNA Legends Championship
Sting vs. Ultimate Warrior

TNA World Tag Team Championship
Harlem Heat (Booker T & Stevie Ray) vs. Steiner Brothers (Rick & Scott) vs. The Outsiders (Kevin Nash & Scott Hall)

TNA X Division Championship
Homicide vs. Christopher Daniels

Hernandez vs. Kurt Angle

BarbWire Massacare
Mick Foley vs. Abyss

Ultimate X
MCMG vs. Briscoe Brothers

Monsters Ball
Brother Ray vs. Brother Devon vs. Jeff Jarrett vs. Rhino vs. James Storm vs. Robert Roode

I agree with Rusty. This feud and match has been done before but it actually seems fresh, new, and dare I say exciting. Sting has really stepped up his game it seems.

I see Sting losing due to being stabbed in the back by the rest of the mafia. While Sting has done a good job in the group, even when he was suppose to be heel the fans still cheered him. I think it would make sence for him to turn total face and leave MEM.

As for the match, it should be good. Both aren't at their peak anymore, but both can still put on a match. Both have a great connection with the audience which also helps. I think Angle winning makes sence right now and make him more hated. While he doesn't have alot of options of who to face him he could possibly re-feud with Jarrett if it's done right, and with Somoa Joe becoming more edgier and unpredictable another Joe/Angle feud could work as well.

While I could be wrong, I just honesty think and have thought this from Day One of this whole Sting/Angle feud.. Angle isn't staying in M.E.M., Sting isn't being kicked out.

I firmly believe the swerve waiting to happen, is Sting turning full heel.. especially since M.E.M. is meant to be the "Legends", and in all seriousness.. Angle, while arguably better than any of the rest of M.E.M.. is NOT on the same level, because he hasn't been in the Company nearly as long.

I firmly believe Sting will accept help from Nash, Booker T. and Scott Steiner. This will kick Angle out of the group, yet T.N.A. (and Jeff Jarrett) won't accept Angle, either. So he'll become a bit of a tweener. Meanwhile, Sting will then turn heel fully and likely turn to focus on facing guys like Mick Foley & Jeff Jarrett.

Either way, this is their answer to WrestleMania.. and it's arguably a great answer, because it's the best one they have. I'm definately looking forward to this match, but I'll be extremely upset if nothing happens at all in the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back