Destination X and Victory Road Switch: X Division Reboot?

ABMorales787

Lord And Master
Staff member
Administrator
Source: PwInsider.com

TNA has moved Destination X to July and will be used as a platform for the X-Division.

TNA hopes to bring in more talent for the division, and that may include ROH talents El Generico and TJ Perkins.

TNA loved their tryout matches that they had a few weeks ago.
If you look around PPV calendars, TNA's signature July PPV, Victory Road will now follow the upcoming Against All Odd's PPV instead of it's regular slot. The reason, as stated above, is to place Destination X on July and hopefully have a new influx of talent to showcase the X Division. As noted by TNA President Dixie Carter and Executive... something Eric Bischoff, plans to reboot the X Division are en route as seen on Impact with a series of 3 Way matches. Not only that but as also stated above, TNA is interested in signing some talent from ROH. Whether it be via exchange deals like the current case with Christopher Daniels or via full fledged contracts. Not only that, but working relationships with AAA last year have led to the signings of guys like El Zorro and such. With these guys, TNA's already established high flyers like Kaz, Shannon Moore, Jay Lethal and Amazing Red. As well as technical masterminds like former Champion Doug Williams, Magnus and even possibly Desmond Wolfe, it may be safe to say that TNA's X Division may be the hottest thing this summer.

I'm all for it, provided the talents they acquire aren't dead-end doorknob personalities like Amazing Red, simply because they can do a flip-style power bomb (with the cooperation of their opponent, that is).

New talent is always fun to watch, especially high-flying talent like Bischoff was known for bringing in from Japan and Mexico in WCW, frankly if time is what they need to restructure the division, then time is what they will get (from me).

Anything that keeps the X Division Championship away from dullards like Robbie E and Jay Lethal is A-OK with me.

Hell, a revamped division could also serve as a springboard to bringing back old talents, too — hello Petey Williams!

this is a great thing for TNA. the x division is what put them on the map. if they can bring back daniels, petey williams,sonjay dutt maybe even jerry lynn, along with el generico, and some other ROH talents, then that would really help elevate TNA to where they used to be.

OMG Maple Leaf Muscle! I forgot he exists...

But yeah it looks like an X-Division revamp that was well overdue, they need AJ to be the face of the X-Division if they aren't even contemplating using him in the main event (¬.¬).

Also some reports are saying they want Suicide back in the form of Christopher Daniels(?) and not Kazarian *obviously because Kaz is a heel and in a faction and they would want Suicide face... I think*. This would be good but I can't really see ROH letting Daniels do it. They also need Samoa Joe in the X-Division along with Douglas Williams as the... "grounders(?)" lol.

Another point where in the blue hell is "Sonjay Dutt" gone...

I totally agree with the "get X-Divison wrestlers with personality" comment by the way...

OMG Maple Leaf Muscle! I forgot he exists...

But yeah it looks like an X-Division revamp that was well overdue, they need AJ to be the face of the X-Division if they aren't even contemplating using him in the main event (¬.¬).

Also some reports are saying they want Suicide back in the form of Christopher Daniels(?) and not Kazarian *obviously because Kaz is a heel and in a faction and they would want Suicide face... I think*. This would be good but I can't really see ROH letting Daniels do it. They also need Samoa Joe in the X-Division along with Douglas Williams as the... "grounders(?)" lol.

Another point where in the blue hell is "Sonjay Dutt" gone...

I totally agree with the "get X-Divison wrestlers with personality" comment by the way...

Christopher Daniels is already back. He wrestled yesterday at the Xplosion and Impact tapping on Xplosion. ROH wants him under a mask because he is still under contract with ROH so he will now be Suicide.

I think now is a great time to bring back the X-Division. They have spent the last few years trying to turn the TNA wrestlers into real characters, and they did succesfully. A few years back AJ styles was "prince AJ"... come on. Kazarian used to be just a generic wrestler with a yellow jacket, matt morgan was jim cornette's body guard etc. All these guys mean something now, look at abyss.. he freakin talks now. He used to fued with rellik, black reign and now he is a real legit character. Unfortunately this pissed off a lot of die-hard TNA fans, so they stopped watching. If they bring back the X-division, not only do you have new fans who want to see anderson, the hardy's etc. but you also get those old TNA fans back.
Also, having x-division guys on a ppv automatically makes the matches better, because if they have those amazing matches in the beginning, then they will out-shine the main event, so it forces those guys to step up.

Hell, a revamped division could also serve as a springboard to bringing back old talents, too — hello Petey Williams!

That is absolutely possible because read Dixie Carter's tweet about wanting beef up the X Division...
TNADixie Not sure where you've heard the X Division is going away but it's not true at all. I'm working to beef it up with both familiar & new faces.

I would love to see both TJ Perkins and El Generico in the X Division, because they can do some amazing innovative this in the ring, especially El Generico. If you haven't seen El Generico wrestle, youtube him NOW! He is perfect for the X Division. I also see some old faces returning for the X Division...Petey Williams? Daniels?

I am all for this, although I have never seen TJ Perkins wrestle before. I would like to see some more wrestlers from Japan and Mexico come in and do the X-Cup again as that was awesome. I have been watching that Prince Devitt guy lately and he is amazing. Perhaps even bring in Jack Evans and Teddy Hart as they have both great in ring skill and good mic skills.

I think now is a great time to bring back the X-Division. They have spent the last few years trying to turn the TNA wrestlers into real characters, and they did succesfully. A few years back AJ styles was "prince AJ"... come on. Kazarian used to be just a generic wrestler with a yellow jacket, matt morgan was jim cornette's body guard etc. All these guys mean something now, look at abyss.. he freakin talks now. He used to fued with rellik, black reign and now he is a real legit character. Unfortunately this pissed off a lot of die-hard TNA fans, so they stopped watching. If they bring back the X-division, not only do you have new fans who want to see anderson, the hardy's etc. but you also get those old TNA fans back.
Also, having x-division guys on a ppv automatically makes the matches better, because if they have those amazing matches in the beginning, then they will out-shine the main event, so it forces those guys to step up.

You said it best here. They have developed those they want to be their main event players having put time behind them. The guys in Fourtune have been busting their asses in TNA for years with the exception that Kazarian did leave for a little while. These are TNA's homegrown stars and along with the Hardy's, Anderson, Angle, Jarrett, Pope, Samoa Joe, Morgan, Abyss, and so on you have your main roster which is sellable out there. Now if they could reintroduce the X-Division and at least get it to near levels it was say 4 or 5 years ago they would have that aspect to set them apart from the WWE. I haven't seen the guys from ROH that have been mentioned but I'm always for new stars. And if Petey Williams could somehow be brought back i would mark out like crazy. The tools are in place with the possible split of the machineguns, Red, Lethal, Daniels back as Suicide and so on. I for one am hoping to see those great opening matches the X-Division use to offer us fans

I'm definitely going to have to take the wait and see approach with this whole idea. I'm not one of those "TNA is trying to kill it's XDiv" guys but after Doug Williams left, the entire division has just felt completely useless. Robbie is a harbinger of bad wrestling (he isn't good, he sells like hornswoggle) and for months it was just him and Lethal having mediocre matches that looked about as dull as staring at a wall.

If, and that's a big if given TNA's current track record, they bring in new talent that is actually useful and then I'll eat my words, but at this moment, three, three-way matches for a four-way at a PPV that has no build at all just seems like complete filler, not any actual attempt to make the division appear good again. For christ sakes a Buck won a match, how good can this four-way actually be?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back