• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dependent Adult Abuse

Mrs Sexy

Occasional Pre-Show
This is a big issue where I work. I work in a nursing home so it bugs me a lot. The reason I bring this up is because my grandfather is a resident where I work and he's in a wheel chair due to him falling and breaking his hip. Well yesterday morning, he had to use the restroom and he didn't have time to wheel himself to his room to go. Therefore he asked for one of the CNA's to wheel him down there so he could go. Well she hollered at him, saying, "you wheel yourself to your room all the time." He replies with, "I'll pee right here on the floor then." She ended up taking him to his room, but on her way back up the hall I hear her say "men are just so lazy."

I'm sorry, but that really pissed me off. It would have pissed me off if it was someone other than my grandfather too. I did report her to the head nurse too. It's the CNA's that are lazy and don't want to take the time to help the resident's. I've seen too much of this going on at my job and I report it all the time and I feel NOTHING gets done about it.

So what are everyone's thoughts on a situation like this or dependent adult abuse in general?

I definitely don't think it's right, and people that do, should probably get their heads checked. This reminds me of a story I read in the newspaper a few months, maybe a year back, about 4 girls that were interns at a nursing home, and sexually abused the patients(?), as well as physcially abused them, and embarrassed them in public situations. They thought it was funny, and took pictures and everything.

There's never a situation where this would be right. They're in the assisted living facility because they need help, and can no longer (for the sake of a better term) live a "normal" life. It's shameful, really...

I definitely don't think it's right, and people that do, should probably get their heads checked. This reminds me of a story I read in the newspaper a few months, maybe a year back, about 4 girls that were interns at a nursing home, and sexually abused the patients(?), as well as physcially abused them, and embarrassed them in public situations. They thought it was funny, and took pictures and everything.

There's never a situation where this would be right. They're in the assisted living facility because they need help, and can no longer (for the sake of a better term) live a "normal" life. It's shameful, really...

Yeah I believe I remember that story. People like that are disgusting. The people I work with are just plain lazy and don't care. They are only there for the money. I mean people need to have some dignity too. If the supervisors don't start fixing the problems, I'm going to start reporting to the State Inspectors.

Well obviously, no one is going to be in favor of abuse of the elderly or anything, but I will say this. I honestly don't see how people have the patience to work in nursing homes, and I have a TON of respect for people that do. I did some volunteer work with the elderly once and just found it exasperating at times. It's obviously not their fault or anything but it can be a very trying experience if you don't have a heart for it.

Yeah...my grandfather had Parkinson's Disease and Dementia, and was placed in a nursing home. If anyone had done such a thing with my grandfather, I would have raised hell until they were fired. Those people are there to help my grandfather not shit on himself and whatnot, they aren't paid to smart off and not help him.

I think a bit of this could be the nurses getting jaded with their jobs. You can only feed and clean so many people before it starts getting to you, I'm sure. However, when it gets to that point, the person needs to quit. These old people are on their final stretches of life, and having to fight with a nurse over help to piss isn't how they should be spent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back