Deaths come in three

Mr. TM

Throwing a tantrum
Three of the most influential musical artists of the second half of the sixties almost literally died with the sixties. Within a year, these three were dead at 27.

Jim Morrison, July 3, 1971
Jimi Hendrix, September 18, 1970
Janis Joplin, October 4, 1970

Now I wonder, whose death was the death who effected the world more? Jim Morrison had changed music with his poetic, bluesy rock music. He will always be remembered as an artist in the full meaning of the word. His career was cut short due to an alleged instance of inhaling heroin fatally. His band "The Doors" is often placed high on the list of greatest rock bands of the era.

Jimi Hendrix is cited as the greatest rock guitarist of all time. He was the first death of the three under disputed circumstances. After participating in one of the well known music festivals of all time, Woodstock, his band the Jimi Hendrix Experience would flurish, until of course, his early death. He revolutionized the use of the guitar, using it as a master tool of music.

The last of the three was the first lady of the counter culture. Janis Joplin, the lead singer of Big Brother, as well as her incredible but short solo career. She is given credit as one of the strong women of early rock music. She died of a heroin overdose, a drug she had used heavily for the past few years.

So which of these three deaths effected the world the most? I have made a case for all three, but I am leaning towards Jimi Hendrix, as I would argue that he had the best future. Another death along with the three was Brian Jones of the Rolling Stones, who had died a year earlier.

Definitely Hendrix. His short, yet amazing time as a performer affected the course of rock, in my opinion. It's a huge shame that he died so young. He could have done so much more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back