Dear Creative Team.. Book your Diva's better!

TJWWE

Pre-Show Stalwart
I'm new to all of this & I don't know if this thread has been done before but anyway i'll just pace on with it.

Now i am a huge fan of both men & women's wrestling but it's the women wrestlers that catch my eye (yes abit due to how HOT! they look).

Since the 'Golden Era' had ended, the DD in my opinion started to go down hill & into a whole. The problem with the WWE is that they went from divas who could actually wrestle to divas that were picked from a magazine & asked if they wanted to make a lot of money.. & didn't mind taking a bump.

Since modelling girls started to come in, my respect for the creative team has gone down alot b'cos the WWE might think that if they can get hot chicks to wrestle, then the crowd might start to pay attention again.. but that is sadly mistaken. With departs such as Mickie & Maria who were popular left & with Beth & Melina out due to injury, yet again, the division is starting to crumble. I feel that the creative team have just gave up on the DD & just throw anything out there & hope for the best but seriously, about 50% of the divas actually can wrestle fantasically.

I feel in order for the DD to pick up again, the WWE need to get rid of the 'PG' stuff & try & take some tips from the 'golden era' where you had diva's in hardcore matches, a steel cage match. but seriously, i couldn't really imagine kelly vs maryse in a steel cage match :/

Sorry for blabing on so i'll get to the point..
My question to you lot is, how would you book the DD. from brands to championships to stables to even their characters.

This is how i would do it (if you want to read then do, if not then it's up to you)
This is how i would have the divas on the brands & weather they are face or heel:
RAW: Women's Championship
Melina (c) - Heel
Gail - Face
Natalya - Face
Eve - Face
Nikki Bella - Heel
Michelle - Heel
Tamina - Heel
Serena - Face
Michelle - Hel

SMACKDOWN: Diva's Championship
Alicia (c) - Heel
Beth - Face
Brie Bella - Face
Kelly - Face
Layla - Heel
Tiffany - Face
Jillian - Heel
Rosa - Heel
Maryse - Heel

Also, i would like to hear your opinions on how you would book the current crop of the "sexy, smark & powerful" divas.

They need to give the divas back storys like they do with the male talent and also give them good fueds layla has a good gimmick but it brings the prestige of the title down to have co champs they should have gave her the title alone and have her fued with mccool bcuz of jelousy that would make a good diva fued and maybe they could turn layla face in place of kelly kelly who I don't like to muchin the ring on the mic or even to look @ she's hot but meh. On raw I would book alicia fox a little stronger but have her fued with maryse for the title and give teddy the us title so they can hold both titles breifly and have a back and forth with the two of them and ?aybe a dd gail kim cuz she can put on great matches

They do need to be booked better. So much unused talent. Most the girls can now do what the guys can. Look at that one Uso lady, sorry i do not know her name and for time i will not be looking it up. Her and Natalya are very talented. Not many Divas are so comfortable diving off the ropes like she is. And Natalya is very technical good all around. Storys stopped with Beth really. Interesting ones stop awhile ago. The Divas arent as intense as ones like Lita and Trish. Candice had something special but no other Diva has since. Melina sorta has it but you couldnt think of a story line at this point. Unless she was with Morrison them could face off against Dibiase/Maryse.

Dear TJWWE, this isn't the booking section. However, I will still discuss why this is pretty illogical at this time.

RAW is completely buzzing with the entire Nexus angle and the amount of talent they have taking up the spotlight to draw some viewers, which they have been doing as of late. It's hard to find the time to dedicate some quality Diva segments on RAW and for people to pay attention during this. So, creative just keeps booking as simple as possible for Diva matches so they at least can get some exposure and showcase the championship. From a booking standpoint, it's the least they can do and it has always worked. They put the good Diva's at the forefront of the division (like Eve) and keep the relevant girls (like Maryse and Natalya) with the male stars, forming pairings/groups that add a little something to the mix. The RAW girls are going just fine... go watch some Superstars if you want some better Diva action as they've been featuring some diamonds in the rough lately.

SmackDown! is doing quite well for a roster that has four active girls. They have kept the Team Lay-Cool angle going quite strong and are booking Kelly/Tiffany to feud with them in a way that's got people interested. Serena hasn't got any business wrestling yet due to her obligations in the Straight-Edge Society and Rosa needs training before involving herself as an active wrestler. SD have got little to work with here and the booking team are excelling at it. No need to change the system of booking... all they need is some new Diva's entered into the fray, if anything.

The Diva's are solid right now. Why complain about them?

I would agree with Falkon, you have the Nexus angle which is one of the drawing points of the show.Then they have the WWE Championship picture and there really isn't that much time on the card for the Diva's.They get a match each week on Raw or something like that, they get a spot on Superstars and I do think that the better Diva's are on Smackdown.They have the Lay-Cool thing going which I like, it is cool to see Layla and Michelle make fun of Kelly and I even liked the stuff they did with Mickie.It is real heel type actions, and for some parts it was kind of funny.So the Diva's division is decent at the moment but there is always room for improvement, maybe after the Nexus angle settles down they might get another match on each show, which would help them as it would give them more chances to show their talents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back