Dean Ambrose Gives Notice To WWE

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
The big news circulating about today is that Dean Ambrose has given his notice to WWE that he's leaving the company. Ambrose's current deal expires after WrestleMania and has informed WWE officials, including Vince in a one on one meeting with him he won't be signing the new one that was offered, which is said to have included a substantial raise in pay. Allegedly, Ambrose is and has been frustrated over the development and direction of his character and has reached the breaking point. Reports claim that Ambrose "hates hokey shit" and that constitutes a significant amount of his time in WWE.

On one hand, I get it when you consider some of the goofy antics, mannerisms and directions WWE has taken Ambrose's character at times; I mean, if you're unhappy and miserable, then money can't often make up for that, especially if you're someone who doesn't really need it as Ambrose has made good money. On the other hand, I can't feel too sorry for Ambrose considering the money he's made and the fact that he's consistently been one of the top stars in the company the entire time he's been there. He's feuded with other top stars, been in marquee matches and been a grand slam champion so it's not as if he's been suffering by any stretch of the imagination from my perspective.

Don't be surprised if he pops up in AEW sometime or, possibly, even back in WWE a little bit down the road. Vince doesn't really want to lose anyone right now, especially a name like Ambrose, and he's hiring every significant talent that he can from the indie scene to keep them from going other places. So, maybe Ambrose could use this as a means to negotiate a deal that gives him some creative control as with Daniel Bryan, John Cena, Randy Orton and maybe a few others; when it comes to established names in WWE who're seen as significant stars, who've been careful with their money and don't really have to worry about it, yet are frustrated creatively, an incentive to keep them around could be offering some creative control over their characters. I think that option becomes more realistic if AEW does become a legit, long term success.

That sucks. The promo he cut on HHH is probably the best one since his return. His delivery and direction should have been focused like that when he was brought back. Cut loose and serious. Now it makes sense that he wasn't full into the hokey crap and it wasn't really his idea. But I wonder if this still isn't a story-line to rebuild him. More power to him if he wants to turn down the money and move on to somewhere else where he can be more free.

Last edited:
The big news circulating about today is that Dean Ambrose has given his notice to WWE that he's leaving the company. Ambrose's current deal expires after WrestleMania and has informed WWE officials, including Vince in a one on one meeting with him he won't be signing the new one that was offered, which is said to have included a substantial raise in pay. Allegedly, Ambrose is and has been frustrated over the development and direction of his character and has reached the breaking point. Reports claim that Ambrose "hates hokey shit" and that constitutes a significant amount of his time in WWE.

On one hand, I get it when you consider some of the goofy antics, mannerisms and directions WWE has taken Ambrose's character at times; I mean, if you're unhappy and miserable, then money can't often make up for that, especially if you're someone who doesn't really need it as Ambrose has made good money. On the other hand, I can't feel too sorry for Ambrose considering the money he's made and the fact that he's consistently been one of the top stars in the company the entire time he's been there. He's feuded with other top stars, been in marquee matches and been a grand slam champion so it's not as if he's been suffering by any stretch of the imagination from my perspective.

Don't be surprised if he pops up in AEW sometime or, possibly, even back in WWE a little bit down the road. Vince doesn't really want to lose anyone right now, especially a name like Ambrose, and he's hiring every significant talent that he can from the indie scene to keep them from going other places. So, maybe Ambrose could use this as a means to negotiate a deal that gives him some creative control as with Daniel Bryan, John Cena, Randy Orton and maybe a few others; when it comes to established names in WWE who're seen as significant stars, who've been careful with their money and don't really have to worry about it, yet are frustrated creatively, an incentive to keep them around could be offering some creative control over their characters. I think that option becomes more realistic if AEW does become a legit, long term success.
Do we really want Dean Ambrose in AEW right away knowing he doesn't own the name Dean Ambrose? Imo AEW should shy away from talents that don't own the intellectual property to their characters. Only the true die hard indy fans remember his CZW days as Jon Moxkey. Work a few high profile indy promotions first build up stock in the Jon Moxley name and then approach AEW.

I feel like WWE will do everything in their power to convince him to stay. They have 2 months left before his contract his up and the way they played it with the statement they release yesterday can be played like if the would think was a work from the get go. Kinda like what happened with CM Punk a few years ago.

Ambrose need a refresh as he's been the same character for so long and has become the most forgettable member of the shield. While Rollins and Reigns always found a way to evolve and change their characters, Ambrose stayed the same old boring lunatic character, even is heel turn felt like he was doing the same character. For some reason he never step up when he was given the ball and that's sad because he had so much potential in the beginning.

Anyway, if he need to take a break from WWE or even wrestling to find himself, i say go for it as he deserve to get a break after everything he did in WWE for all theses years.

Dean Ambrose doesn't need the name Dean Ambrose. Hes a lunatic. He can come back with-multiple personality disorder and go by a new name now and a different character and it would work.

I’d be very surprised to find out this isn’t a work. I mean if he is leaving, more power to him. But, with as much as they’ve been using Ambrose since the news broke, I think it makes more sense that WWE is actually correctly doing a long term story line for once. Something they’ve struggled with since at least the Attitude Era. I bet they ride this out until a week or two after WrestleMania, Ambrose says his big farewell, he’s off TV for a couple weeks, and then something happens to Rollins or Reigns and he swoops in to help save the day. This would serve two purposes, payoff to a long storyline, restarting the most popular stable WWE has had in recent years.

He will probably go to AEW and if he doesnt own that name he will most likely be John Good. May be he will be gone for 2 or 3 years and then come back. I mean he is not leaving in bad terms at all

If I could quote Paul Heyman "This is not a prediction but a spoiler" - DEAN WILL NOT QUIT WWE. It is an angle. Period.

His resignation was embedded into the WWE Chronicle documentary. Why? It's a classic tease. His resignation was embedded into weekly RAW commentary. Why? It's a classic tease.

The last we see WWE superstars who teased resignation was Kevin Owens and CM Punk. Did they REALLY QUIT in the end? NO. If Vince is going to put it on a show, he is definitely getting the better end out of it. Otherwise - "it's called waste of air time" (in media sense)

Trust me on this, Dean will make his return in some forms and fashions as a "SURPRISE"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back