• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Deadpool

FlexAmerican Dynamite

WZCW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION
Anybody else seen it yet? I don't really think there's much in the way of spoilers but I thoroughly enjoyed it and it has a few aspects that are better than most actual Marvel Studios movies (such as the romantic interest and visual story telling)

There are a few faults mostly in the villain category and not every joke is going to land but surprisingly the funniest moments are actually not in the trailer nor does it cater specifically to inside jokes only hardcore fans would get.

The movie is on track to be a huge cash cow for Fox and with X-Men Apocalypse getting lost in the hype that is Dawn of Justice and Civil War I worry we'll see Deadpool being plastered on everything and anything after this success. Which is a problem as the character really only works in small doses (this movie goes by quick actually) but the sequel looks to be a buddy action flick featuring the long awaited Cable so hopefully less is more with Deadpool.

I personally hope he'll become an ensemble to an X-Force movie but I highly doubt it, what else does Reynolds have going on.

I saw it this morning, & even though I typically can't stand the Deadpool character most of the time, I liked the movie & had fun watching it It's nice seeing Reynolds finally in a comic book movie that doesn't suck.

The movie is on track to be a huge cash cow for Fox and with X-Men Apocalypse getting lost in the hype that is Dawn of Justice and Civil War I worry we'll see Deadpool being plastered on everything and anything after this success.

They've been plastering Deadpool on everything for months now, pretty much ever since the trailer was released, brace yourself it's going to get sooo much worse now, he's pretty much already taken over all of social media to the point it's just fucking annoying now.

I personally hope he'll become an ensemble to an X-Force movie but I highly doubt it, what else does Reynolds have going on.

There were rumors of an X-Force movie years ago, but I havn't really heard anything about it for awhile now, I assume it's in development Hell at the moment, though who knows, if Cable is received well in Deadpool 2 maybe we'll finally get it.

There were rumors of an X-Force movie years ago, but I havn't really heard anything about it for awhile now, I assume it's in development Hell at the moment, though who knows, if Cable is received well in Deadpool 2 maybe we'll finally get it.

With Psylocke and a proper Angel showing up now...I wouldn't be surprised if it get pushed along now. And I'd be happy.

Saw it loved it, loved the comedy, the action and romantic plot and the in jokes (ones about the budget especially)

Question though, is Negasonic Teenage Warhead a relatively new X-Men character. I like to think I know my X-Men lore pretty well but I don't remember reading about her

I liked it a lot. The after credits scene I'd like to call original, but for obvious reasons, it isn't. But it's definitely a change of pace from the usual.

I really enjoyed it as well. Though I imagine ComicCon's around the world are going to be a lot more annoying. If you've ever been to ComicCon, you know there's always a culture of Deadpools. Dozens of Deadpools trying to be the most Deadpooliest Deadpool that ever did Deadpool. I guarantee you, 100% there will be someone cosplaying Deadpool with

Hugh Jackman's face stapled on.

Anyway, I can't blame the film for that. Fun film, especially at a time where I'm growing disenchanted with the superhero film genre. A true-to-character Deadpool film is pretty fresh in the Disney dominated category.

FYI, Teenage Negasonic Warhead also has a somewhat significant presence in Joss Whedon's run in Astonishing X-Men. If you've never read that run (4 trades, titled; Gifted, Dangerous, Torn & Unstoppable), I advise you do.

Saw it with an American crowd (in IMAX) whilst on holiday at the girlfriend's request oddly enough. Thoroughly enjoyed by all, thought the laughs tailed off a bit toward the end, but they pulled it back with a solid if not fairly by the numbers climax (heh).

Enjoyed it, very fun romp. Made me laugh, made me wince, good times all around. Holiday montage was hilarious. Mostly I'm just glad I have something easy I can point to when I say that I like Deadpool, instead of having to say "I like Deadpool but only in the hands of the right writers and far too often both the audience and the people writing the comics forget that he's not just a meme machine and they go way too far in making him frat-boy-goofy when he's far more than that and not really that at all when you get down to it and-"

Enjoyed it, very fun romp. Made me laugh, made me wince, good times all around. Holiday montage was hilarious. Mostly I'm just glad I have something easy I can point to when I say that I like Deadpool, instead of having to say "I like Deadpool but only in the hands of the right writers and far too often both the audience and the people writing the comics forget that he's not just a meme machine and they go way too far in making him frat-boy-goofy when he's far more than that and not really that at all when you get down to it and-"

Aw. I wanted more.

Honestly I was not a fan. Too many of the jokes fell short for me, and the second half felt like a generic action movie with a few more one liners than usual. I suppose the humour just didn't match my tastes.

The line about the two Professor X actors had me laughing so hard. All around enjoyable flick. Really looking forward to a sequel and Cable is one character many fans have been waiting for. This movie did well to erase the crap memories that the Wolverine movie executed. 100% less eye beams were a plus & the reference about not sewing his mouth shut was great.

Highly recommend to fans & those who have a limited knowledge, because it is a pretty good time regardless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back