Daytime Television

Slyfox696

Excellence of Execution
With it being Christmas/Holiday/Winter break (depending upon your religious beliefs) for schools, I need something on the television while I play Minecraft. What's on TV during the day?

Some notes:

1) No soap operas
2) No repetitive programs like Sportscenter
3) No court shows.

A&E

Lots of mindless "reality television" programming, as well as plenty of reruns such as CSI or Criminal Minds. You know, the sort of shows which are on in the background and you don't really need to pay too much attention while you are doing something else.

With it being Christmas/Holiday/Winter break (depending upon your religious beliefs) for schools, I need something on the television while I play Minecraft. What's on TV during the day?

Some notes:

1) No soap operas
2) No repetitive programs like Sportscenter
3) No court shows.

Of course, there's always the IIHF World Junior Championships. Although now that I think about it, you're American, so you probably don't have too much interest in hockey.

A&E

Lots of mindless "reality television" programming, as well as plenty of reruns such as CSI or Criminal Minds. You know, the sort of shows which are on in the background and you don't really need to pay too much attention while you are doing something else.

If I've never seen a show, I don't want it on in the background. I'm kind of weird like that.

I found Tom and Jerry. Can't beat that for anything.

Not much. TV during the day time is terrible. Usually a lot of repeats and marathons. NCIS, Law and Order SVU, Pawn Stars etc etc. Why don't you put some music on instead, or is the TV better background noise for you?

I lied...well, actually I didn't, the guide on the cable lied. It's not Tom and Jerry at all.
Not much. TV during the day time is terrible. Usually a lot of repeats and marathons. NCIS, Law and Order SVU, Pawn Stars etc etc. Why don't you put some music on instead, or is the TV better background noise for you?

Because listening to music while playing a game annoys me. No idea when that started, because I used to do it all the time.

TBS would be a good go to. They generally show sitcom reruns throughout the day. I used to miss a lot of school in high school and we didn't have expanded cable, so TBS was what took me through the day. I'm sure the schedule has changed, but when I watched it was Fresh Prince in the very early mornings, two hours of Home Improvement, and hour of Yes Dear, and then Everybody Loves Raymond.

I just looked up their midday lineup. Fresh Prince at noon, two episodes of American Dad, four episodes of Everybody Loves Raymond, and episode of Seinfeld, and then Friends until 6 PM, at which point you can probably start finding a variety of programming.

If you're into even older television shows, I'd imagine TV Land has some decent programming during the day.

What JGlass posted is good too. TBS isn't that bad during the day, unless you've watched the episode airing 99 times.

Yeah, I can't play a game and listen to music either. I get to distracted to what I am listening to. That means, I die over and over again! It doesn't help I'm terrible at video games though.

I too have that problem. I just can't listen to music and play a game. Even sports games when I play the franchise/dynasty/association mode. I can be doing something as mindless as signing a 3rd string QB or filling the end of my bench and I still can't do it.

Typically during the day when I'm doing something on the computer I will watch ESPN for about a half hour or so and then just watch cartoons. Outside of My Little Pony, American Dad, and Futurama I don't pay much attention though. Occasionally I will find a channel like History or A&E running a marathon of a show that looks interesting and watch that, but usually the TV is just background noise.

You can't go wrong with anything on ID or Bio. Not sure if you're into true crime or not, but that's what I love watching when I'm home during the day.

I must be the only idiot who watched Maury Povich and Jerry Springer on my days off. For some reason, I just can't seem to turn away from those car crashes.

I must be the only idiot who watched Maury Povich and Jerry Springer on my days off. For some reason, I just can't seem to turn away from those car crashes.

I used to watch that kind of thing years ago, but it's even more redundant than pro wrestling at this point. Springer used to have some very sensitive shows, in addition to the typical "I slept with your man and am carrying his baby" shows they do, but they just don't do that type of thing anymore.

I used to watch that kind of thing years ago, but it's even more redundant than pro wrestling at this point. Springer used to have some very sensitive shows, in addition to the typical "I slept with your man and am carrying his baby" shows they do, but they just don't do that type of thing anymore.

It's funny... I find myself watching it at times and saying to myself, "This is the same shit, over and over again." But then I STILL don't turn it off.

Springer's still on the air? I knew Maury was because those fucking Baby Daddy shows will keep it alive as long as there's people without cable, but I thought Springer bounced a while ago.

I usually just watch sports shit or catch up on my DVR. I don't really play video games though so I'm kind of out of the loop here.

If I had satellite, I could leave the Game Show Network on 24/7 practically. It's a great blend of entertainment and stupidity. Plus I love trivia. However, I would need to turn off some of the awful ones like the Newlywed Game and stuff like that.

Springer's still on the air? I knew Maury was because those fucking Baby Daddy shows will keep it alive as long as there's people without cable, but I thought Springer bounced a while ago.

I usually just watch sports shit or catch up on my DVR. I don't really play video games though so I'm kind of out of the loop here.

I watch Springer every night at 11:30 so it still comes on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back