Dave's Completely Partisan Break-Down Of ROTY!

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
You all wanted it, don't act like you didn't.

Via Armbar – Armbar came in on a wave of glory, almost like Bill Lesnar. He was funny and a good poster in his niche environment. MMA is his strength but I have seen posts from him that really stand out in other areas too. 4 months ago, he was the absolute favourite for this award but he disappeared for a while and has struggled to find that support since.

Ferbian – Great guy and definitely deserves this award. Whether he will win it or not remains to be seen but I seriously doubt it. Let's face it, this award is a popularity contest and Ferbian is a guy who doesn't get a lot of the credit that he is due. Great mod that basically runs the wrestling sections by himself a lot of the time. A champion for sure, but not in this one.

Nickb03 – Completely under-rated. I love the guy! There has never been one of his posts that I have not liked. He clearly puts in a lot of time and effort into his posts but I don't think that he will win the award. The problem is, this award is not for great posters. This award is a popularity contest and Nick is one of the guys that will be passed over. Quiet but a great poster.

Blue Cardinal – One of the favourites in my eyes. Since day one, he has come here with a goal and that was to make the Sports Stadium a great forum. I could not comment on his success at that because I don't go in there all that often. However, the effort is clearly there and he is a tremendously popular guy. Not to mention that he is a nice fella... He's got a real chance.

DirtyJosé - I would say this is the man to beat. My fondest memories of him come in WZCW, where he has quickly made a name for himself. Great poster that never has a bad word to say about anyone else. He's going to be there about, come the end of voting an rightly so.

Joe’s Gonna Kill You – Like Nick is, Joe is completely under-rated. For me, he is a fucking solid poster and one that I expect great things of every time he posts. Needless to say, he rarely lets me down. He should post in the WWE section more but he is definitely worth a mention at least.

Buffalo Dave – GREAT poster when he wants to be. I remember seeing some of his stuff in the MMA section and thinking “Wow! This guy is a freaking machine”. That being said, I doubt he has the fan support to carry him through with the win.

ScreaminNormanSmiley – I don't see what everyone else seems to see in this guy but it is only because I don't pay that much attention to The Cage any more. Maybe he is good and maybe he isn't. An unknown quantity for sure.

Super Hans – Is Scottish and thus, will not win. Funny dude though. He has a lot of support.

LitasRevenge79 - The state-obligated woman poster gets a nod. That being said, she has been pretty active and whilst she may not have the support to win, she does post some solid stuff in the WWE section that has impressed me. So, kudos!

The People’s Peep
– I like the guy! He competed in the ill-fated Wingman competition which gets him some mighty support from me. I doubt he is a candidate but he definitely deserved to make the cut here.

Crock – Probably one of the guys I am friendliest with on here. He has quality posts when he wants to pull them out and has been great in WZCW since joining. I honestly think that he is the unknown quantity here and one of my candidates for my vote. You may call him a troll but I know that the guy can post.

Angel – Not a bad poster, at all. However, I feel he has too many enemies to pull out the win here.

Noah - :disappointed:

Bill Lesnar – The popular vote for people who think they are edgy. Might do well here.

Lots of good choices this year in nick and Jose especially. This is a best posters award, and nick and Jose are probably the top two on the list.

Most deserve it though.

I am tempted to vote for Nick because I know that he deserves it. Then again, so do a lot of the other guys.

It's a tough one. Way tougher than last year when I just voted for myself.

As you say with being scottish, i should just be happy i have qualified for something, im going to phone The Paisley Daily Express, with this snow and with it being a shit paper, i think i can get them to run a story on this for me, X-Factor style.

<3 to Dave.... geez...makes me feel all happy...he's the sweetest poster I've probably seen round these parts in a while. :)

;)

You guys all deserve your nomination though.

BTW! I plan on doing one of these for best Wrestling poster and best overall poster (if that still exists).

Via Armbar &#8211; Armbar came in on a wave of glory, almost like Bill Lesnar. He was funny and a good poster in his niche environment. MMA is his strength but I have seen posts from him that really stand out in other areas too. 4 months ago, he was the absolute favourite for this award but he disappeared for a while and has struggled to find that support since.

Really good, but never around.

Ferbian &#8211; Great guy and definitely deserves this award. Whether he will win it or not remains to be seen but I seriously doubt it. Let's face it, this award is a popularity contest and Ferbian is a guy who doesn't get a lot of the credit that he is due. Great mod that basically runs the wrestling sections by himself a lot of the time. A champion for sure, but not in this one.

A true work-horse. A really nice guy, and with English being his 2nd language he's had a decent amount to overcome.

Nickb03 &#8211; Completely under-rated. I love the guy! There has never been one of his posts that I have not liked. He clearly puts in a lot of time and effort into his posts but I don't think that he will win the award. The problem is, this award is not for great posters. This award is a popularity contest and Nick is one of the guys that will be passed over. Quiet but a great poster.

Yeah, I'm not very popular around here. Most people don't know who I am. I'm not really concerned seeing I didn't come to this forum to socialize. I came to talk about wrestling and I've had a lot of fun doing so. Would have been nice if someone had created a campaign thread for me though :shrug:

Blue Cardinal &#8211; One of the favourites in my eyes. Since day one, he has come here with a goal and that was to make the Sports Stadium a great forum. I could not comment on his success at that because I don't go in there all that often. However, the effort is clearly there and he is a tremendously popular guy. Not to mention that he is a nice fella... He's got a real chance.

Good guy, and quite popular around here. He's done very well in the sports section, and knows his fair share about wrestling. If this were a general Sports forum, he'd get my vote.

DirtyJosé - I would say this is the man to beat. My fondest memories of him come in WZCW, where he has quickly made a name for himself. Great poster that never has a bad word to say about anyone else. He's going to be there about, come the end of voting an rightly so.

Great poster. Knows his shit, and I'm having a blast debating him in the Debater's League.

Dave....you really are the kindest...I'm going out on a limb to say...and pardon the cliche...its an honor just to be nominated for the first time...win or not, I'm just happy to have found some people to shoot the breeze with that are as rowdy and voracious with opinions with as many subjects as I can be. You all are pretty damn cool in my book too. :thumbsup:

Something on my Mizzou homie ScreaminNormanSmiley, he can be one hell of a poster when it comes to our Missouri Tigers, guy could definately give me more than just a run for my money in a dabate on our team and college athletics in general. I know that's not worth much to everyone else around here, but it's worth mentioning.

The Jose I know has a lot of bad things to say about people. You'd be surprised.

Yeah, I'm not very popular around here. Most people don't know who I am. I'm not really concerned seeing I didn't come to this forum to socialize. I came to talk about wrestling and I've had a lot of fun doing so. Would have been nice if someone had created a campaign thread for me though :shrug:

I voted for you, Nick. Only because you are the shit!

Dave....you really are the kindest...I'm going out on a limb to say...and pardon the cliche...its an honor just to be nominated for the first time...win or not, I'm just happy to have found some people to shoot the breeze with that are as rowdy and voracious with opinions with as many subjects as I can be. You all are pretty damn cool in my book too. :thumbsup:

Please! I am just doing my job... Kinda.

You really are too kind.

The [OFFICIAL] ScreaminNormanSmiley;2642741 said:
I have never been as touched as I am right now. You're beautiful recollection of my past accomplishments has truly brought a tear to my eye.

;)

Something on my Mizzou homie ScreaminNormanSmiley, he can be one hell of a poster when it comes to our Missouri Tigers, guy could definately give me more than just a run for my money in a dabate on our team and college athletics in general. I know that's not worth much to everyone else around here, but it's worth mentioning.

Oh! He is in sports a lot? Another section I don't go to often. Maybe it is my ignorance but I honestly don't know enough about the guy.

I would have prefered this emoticon: :banghead: over this one: :disappointed:

Tough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back