• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dave Mirra Passes Away

BringThePain834

Getting Noticed By Management
Legendary BMX biker Dave Mirra, who next to Tony Hawk, was the most decorated athlete in X Games history, was found dead Thursday of an apparent suicide. He was 41.

Officers in Greenville, N.C. found Mirra in a parked truck, killed by what appeared to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound, according to a statement released by the Greenville Police Department.

Mirra was a beloved figure in the world of extreme sports, and his name headlined several BMX video games such as "Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX" and "Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2"

He is survived by his wife Lauren and two children.

This is incredibly sad and came completely out of left field. He was the Tony Hawk of BMX. And besides Tony Hawk, Mirra was the biggest star in the X Games when he competed, having won a total of 24 medals, 14 of which are gold, and it is a record that still stands today. He has been posting lots of positive stuff on Instagram for the past couple days, thanking people in his life and reminiscing about the past. It now turns out that it was all led up to him taking his life today.

If you are feeling depressed, please talk to someone. There is help out there. Talk to a friend, family, a stranger or a professional. But please, please reach out. Killing yourself when you have kids is not an acceptable choice. I won't say I can imagine how low someone must feel to make the decision to kill themselves, but as the father of two children myself there is no way I can condone his actions. When you have children you owe it to them to keep fighting, even if you're miserable, you owe it to them to be miserable and keep trying. As badly as I feel for him, I feel 100 times worse for his kids because of him. That's a bad last look.

I'm watching old wrestling on ESPN classics and I saw this on the ticker they have on the bottom of their channels.

I'm not an avid BMX fan like some but even I know who Dave Mira is. On the occasions I would watch the X games and be amazed at what this man could do.

He will be missed that's for damn sure.

While Pastrana ruled FMX Mirra was definitely the face of the BMX side. I didn't think he was that old. Even though his name was synonymous with BMX did he have any wealth when he died?

While Pastrana ruled FMX Mirra was definitely the face of the BMX side. I didn't think he was that old. Even though his name was synonymous with BMX did he have any wealth when he died?
He was worth 15 million (after a quick search). You don't become synonymous with your sport without accumulating a ton of sponsors who will throw money at you, he also put his names on a few video games which probably netted him a few million.

Hopefully his family donates his brain for CTE research. In a sport like BMX, you take a lot of spills and Mirra likely suffered from his fair share of concussions. He may have very well had some form of CTE or other brain damage that lead to this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back