• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Darkside

TheOneBigWill

[This Space for Rent]
Okay, so I randomly was looking at Wrestling DVDs that I can receive.. and stumbled across the following 4. (6 counting the post I'll make after this one)

I've bad mouthed the Indy Federation enough, and since I now have the option to check out 4 of what I assume are its best DVDs, I'm going to attempt giving them a chance. I shall be doing in-depth reviews of each DVDs. These reviews will be found in the section for them, in the wrestling related areas.

The four DVDs are...

Greatest Rivalries
1881057.jpg

REVIEW: (by Justin Harris "You Stay Classy!" from Fairytopia, South Dakota)

1. CM Punk vs. Raven (Dog Collar March- Elizabeth, NJ, 7/19/03) - the best match of the feud that really brought ROH to the next level. Great choice for a first match.

2. Samoa Joe vs. Homicide (ROH World Title Match- Wauwatosa, WI, 7/23/04) - great match, but I so would have put their match from FYF: Finale on here instead.

3. AJ Styles with Mick Foley vs. Jimmy Rave (Styles Clash vs. Rave Clash Match- Lake Grove, NY, 9/17/05) - one of 2005's best feuds, it's hard to believe how over Rave was as a heel during this time

4. Jay & Mark Briscoe vs. Austin Aries & Roderick Strong (ROH World Tag Team Title Match - Liverpool, UK, 8/12/06) - THE best tag match of 2006.

5. BJ Whitmer vs. Jimmy Jacobs (Steel Cage Match- Detroit, MI, 3/31/07) - like my title says, this match ALONE is worth the price of the DVD. This isn't a wrestling match as much as it is legalized murder. I just hope they don't edit any of this match.

6. Bryan Danielson vs. Austin Aries (3rd Match In The Best of Three Series- Philadelphia, PA 11/2/07) - INCREDIBLE match from the best mini-series I've seen in years.

7. Adam Pearce, Ace Steel, Colt Cabana, & BJ Whitmer vs. Claudio Castagnoli, Super Dragon, Necro Butcher, & Spyder Nate Webb (Team ROH vs. Team CZW Anything Goes Match - Dayton, OH, 4/28/06) - sick match from another of ROH's best feuds.

8. Roderick Strong vs. Erick Stevens (FIP World Heavyweight Title Match- New York, NY 12/30/07) - see the first shot of 2008's best feud right here. Awesome pick for the DVD.

Best in the World
1881058.jpg

REVIEW:

1.Samoa Joe vs. Kenta Kobashi- New York, NY 10/01/05 - what else is there to say? Easily one of the most brutal, hard hitting matches to ever grace the United States.

2. AJ Styles & Matt Sydal vs. Dragon Kid & Genki Horiguchi- Detroit, MI, 3/30/06 - incredible fast paced match. This is how you do a spotfest and make it not seem like one.

3. KENTA vs. Austin Aries- Chicago Ridge, IL, 6/24/06 - one of KENTA's best in ROH to date.

4. Samoa Joe vs. Kikutaro with Mick Foley- Elizabeth, NJ, 2/19/05 - well, it is one of the funniest matches I've ever seen, I'll give 'em that.

5. Bryan Danielson vs. Lance Storm (ROH World Title Match Chicago Ridge, IL, 4/01/06) - the crowd says it all at the end to Storm: "You've still got it!" This is the definition of a technical clinic.

6. CM Punk vs. Terry Funk- Philadelphia, PA, 9/20/03 - yeah... not really sure why this made the DVD.

7. Jay & Mark Briscoe vs. Naruki Doi & Shingo (ROH World Tag Team Title Match- Liverpool, UK, 3/03/07) - one of 2007's best tag matches.

8. Claudio Castagnoli vs. El Generico (Race to the Top Tournament Finals- Edison, NJ, 7/28/07) - CRIMINALLY underrated match that will hopefully get wider exposure now.

9. Takeshi Morishima vs. Nigel McGuinness (ROH World Title Match- Edison, NJ, 4/14/07) - BRUTAL. This kicked off one of the hardest hitting feuds of the decade.

Stars of Honor
starsofhonor.JPG

REVIEW: (reviewed by unknown source)

Ring of Honor is a promotion I knew very little about. I read about Dave Meltzer's five star matches and Samoa Joe vs Kenta Kobashi. I ordered the DVD and I was hooked. WWE/WWF has only 4 five star matches in its entire existence. Ring of Honor already has 3. This promotion to be honest with you, does not have the production values of a TNA or WWE. But the in ring product, the actual wrestling, is heavenly. It is some of the best wrestling I have seen in a long time. Don't expect over the top story lines or 30 minute in ring interviews. Just expect great wrestling. The booker for ROH is a guy who was trained by Paul Heyman and it shows. The guy is absolutely brilliant in what he does. I own all of Ring of Honor's PPV's and would heavily suggest any of them. There is alot of great matches not on this dvd. I hope ring of honor will put them on a best of dvd in the future.

1. Samoa Joe vs. CM Punk -12/4/04 (features new commentary)
2. Homicide vs. Antonio "MVP" Banks- 2/19/05 (features new commentary)
3. James (Noble) Gibson vs. Roderick Strong- 4/2/05 (features new commentary)
4. Bryan Danielson vs. Brian "Spanky" Kendrick- 4/2/05 (features new commentary)
5. Matt Hardy vs. Homicide- 8/12/05
6. Matt Hardy vs. Roderick Strong- 8/13/05
7. Christopher Daniels vs. Christian Cage- 7/29/06
8. Samoa Joe & Jay Lethal vs. Low Ki & Homicide - 8/13/05

Bonus material:
9. The History of Samoa Joe vs. CM Punk
10. Larry Sweeney confronts Bruno Sammartino
11. Mick Foley and CM Punk promo

Bloodstained Honor
bloodstainedhonor.JPG

Taken from ROH website
"Blood Stained Honor" will feature the violent side of ROH with some of the most crimson covered contests in ROH history. The match listing has:

-Samoa Joe vs. Jay Briscoe in a Steel Cage - 3/13/04 (features new commentary)
-The Second City Saints (CM Punk and Ace Steel) vs. the Prophecy (Dan Maff
and BJ Whitmer) in a Chicago Street Fight - 7/24/04 (features new commentary)
-CM Punk vs. Jimmy Rave in a Dog Collar match - 5/07/05
-Generation Next (Austin Aries, Roderick Strong, Jack Evans, and Matt Sydal)
vs. The Embassy (Jimmy Rave, Alex Shelley, Abyss, and Prince Nana) in Steel
Cage Warfare - 12/3/05
-Colt Cabana vs. Homicide in a Ghetto Street Fight - 2/25/06
-Team ROH (Samoa Joe, Adam Pearce, and BJ Whitmer) vs. Team CZW (Chris Hero,
Super Dragon, and Necro Butcher) - 4/22/06
-Colt Cabana vs. Jimmy Jacobs in a Windy City Death Match - 2/24/07
-Kevin Steen and El Generico vs. Jay and Mark Briscoe in a Boston Street Fight - 8/10/07

ROH vs CZW is worth the DVD Alone
Briscoes vs Steen and Generico never Disappoints
Punk vs Rave is good as well
Joe vs Jay Briscoe was Awesome the first Time I saw it..been awhile since I watched it though

FINAL THOUGHTS: Justin.. you're from South Dakota and you're also an Indy lover. Would you happen to be.. staying classy? ROFL

I'm also going to be doing an in-depth review of Mr. Punk's life. It's 3 hours, from beginning to whenever they stopped production of this DVD and its suppose to capture everything about him.

I'm assuming it's only 3 hours because his life is boring and sucks. We shall see.

Before the were Wrestling Stars: C.M. Punk
51sfIBe0lIL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

REVIEW: (unknown source)

Its the same matches as the ones on Best of CM Punk in FIP

Scene Index

Before They Were Wrestling Stars: CM Punk
3. CM Punk Vs. Vordell Walker [18:50]
4. Highlights: AJ Styles Vs. Homicide [3:08]
5. Homicide Vs. Joshua Masters w/ CM Punk [3:01]
6. CM Punk Vs. Justin Credible [13:44]
7. Cm Punk Vs. Rainman [18:36]
8. CM Punk Vs. Homicide [14:02]
9. Highlights: Azrieal w/ CM Punk Vs. Rainman [3:11]
10. CM Punk Vs. Dan Maff [15:55]
11. Homicide Vs. CM Punk (Title Match) [12:50]
12. Highlights: The Florida Rumble [3:07]
13. CM Punk Vs. James Gibson [12:24]

E.C.W. Cyberslam 1999
coop_ecw_cyberslam.jpg

Personally I thought this event was missing something, up until the main event there was only 4 tables used, 2 in one match. The Wrestling makes up for the lack of extreme and the main event just takes it past the EXTREME!
1. Jerry Lynn vs. Yoshihiro Tajiri (Debut). Tajiri, hit with Grey and Blue design short tights, with matching kneepads and blue boots, is a rookie in his debut match in ECW, barring a shaved face. Still the ruthless Japenese Buzzsaw that we all grew to love, though! Great methodical match with tremendous Counters and holds in this match. (4.5/5)

2. Nova and Chris Chetti vs. Rod Price and Skull Von Krush. The match starts off really boring in a one on one match with Nova (Same costume and stupid movements without the face paint) vs. Rod Price. Boring start but then Skull Von Krush comes out and starts the beating on Nova until Chris Chetti comes out and makes the save and the match ends about two minutes later. (1/5)

- Lance Storm/Tommy Dreamer Altercation. Everyone made it sound like it's a huge altercation, it's not. He takes Lance Storm's urine sample and pours it on Lance.

3. Super Crazy vs. Mosco de la Merced (Extreme Lucha Libre). Awesome match, very lucha but involved alot more high flying then I expected. Both of these men are excellent Cruisers and would love to see them in NWA: TNA (Where they care about the talent) or WWE (Where JR Tells You To TONE IT DOWN!). Super Crazy was extra special in this match and it's going down as a great Extreme Lucha Libre match, just like Juventud Guererra vs. Rey Misterio Jr. did! (5/5)

4. TAKA Michinoku vs. Papi Chulo. Named Essa Rios in the WWE, Papi Chulo and TAKA Michinoku show why they were the most under-utilized cruiserweights in the WWE! This match is awesome and TAKA just continue's to impress me and Papi Chulo takes my image of Essa Rios and takes it to the Extreme. (4.5/5 - Too Short!)

5. Rob Van Dam (c) vs. 2 Cold Scorpio (ECW Television Championship). Both men set out to impress but comes out short. My expectations of 2 Cold Scorpio were never high (not a fan) but this match disappointed me and I though It could have been better. Rob Van Dam and 2 Cold Scorpio, despite both being high-flyers, did not gel too well together. IMO it seemed they held back a little, and Triple H wasn't even in ECW! Despite being praised by alot of people, 2 Cold Scorpio has never raised my eyebrow for any match. But he did hit a nice variation arabian moonsault. Sabu makes an impact as the first table of the event was utilized in this match!(4/5)

6. Taz (c) vs. Chris Candino w/. Tammy Lynn Sytch (ECW World Heavyweight Championship). They kind of wasted what was to be an excellent match with a stupid ending but another table was used! Chris Candino impressed me in this match, more than he has ever and I am not the biggest Candino fan. (4/5 - Bad Ending!)

7. "The Franchise" Shane Douglas w/. Francine vs. Justin Credible w/. Jason and Unknown Woman (Jazz). Good match but got boring in parts. A total of 4 tables all together on this pay per view so far, as two tables were used in this match. Nice sequence of the Signapore Cane at the ending mark of the match.

8. The Dudley Boys and Mr. Mustafa vs. Balls Mahoney, Axl Rotten, and "The Gangsta" New Jack (Steel Cage Match). One of the most brutal cage matches I have witnessed (Besides the Hardcore History cage match)! Match starts without New Jack as "He left the building" 30 to 45 minutes before this match. D-Von Dudley vs. Axl Rotten to start the match off. Soon after Buh Buh Ray Dudley is brought into the mix, then Axl and finally Mustafa. New Jack appears as the countdown ends seconds earlier. The Six man tag is brutal, violent and took this pay per view to the extreme. Good aftermath as well. (4.5/5)

All in all, I recommend this DVD over almost all other Pay Per View DVD's. Won't be disappointed!

I made a post earlier saying it was the longest bar room post ever. You just had to outdo me didn't you Will? :glare:

I used my Netflix to rent two ROH DVD's. I feel so gay now.

:glare: How'd you know what I was using? :lmao:

I found all of these on there. Anyone who has Netflix, don't be taking them before me and not returning them. I'm paying a solid monthly fee to watch a ton of movies. So the way I see it, these are "free" and I damn sure don't wanna pay $20.00 a piece for them at F.Y.E. or Best Buy.

Becca: I didn't know you made a long bar room post. But if it helps any, just because you post a ton of pictures in a row.. it doesn't make it a long post. :p

:lmao: And then it got onto a conversation on peoples longest post. I was just hoping you didn't see the thread lol.

:glare: How'd you know what I was using? :lmao:

I didn't know. I just got ROH-curious one day and put a couple in my que. I recently got and "saved" them for viewing later on. lol

I still feel gay for renting them in the first place. Of course I had to get The Rock and Triple H to make up for the gayness.

I didn't know. I just got ROH-curious one day and put a couple in my que. I recently got and "saved" them for viewing later on. lol

I still feel gay for renting them in the first place. Of course I had to get The Rock and Triple H to make up for the gayness.

I just buy any (or almost any) W.W.E. DVD. I'm "renting" (if you can call it that) the R.O.H. DVDs. I'll buy them if I feel they're good enough though.

I just buy any (or almost any) W.W.E. DVD. I'm "renting" (if you can call it that) the R.O.H. DVDs. I'll buy them if I feel they're good enough though.

I'm sorry, we haven't been formally introduced. I'm the pirate who who makes it so that they keep raising the prices on every damned thing. lol jk

I'm sorry, we haven't been formally introduced. I'm the pirate who who makes it so that they keep raising the prices on every damned thing. lol jk

Ironic isn't it? People don't buy DVD's because they are too expensive, so they raise the prices to stop piracy???

Ironic isn't it? People don't buy DVD's because they are too expensive, so they raise the prices to stop piracy???

Is that really the case? I'm paying more money to buy a c.d./movie.. because some other jackass likely rented it and still copied it?!

Dagnabit! I really need to figure out how to burn/copy shit. :lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back