Dark side of the ring: owen hart

Psykohurricane55

Staff member
With all the promotion that martha has done for that episode and the fact that she pretty much decided to put the family feud she have with the hart's back in the spotlight. I thought it would good to have a thread to discuss the show itself and what we thing about this feud that seem to have lasted for as long as it did.

The one thing that i would love is at some point we get somebody that was there during the whole lawsuit proceeding but isn't related to either the hart or martha and we get the truth about this subject once and for all.

Right now, we have on one side martha who seem to still be to hold a grudge against everybody that wasn't on her side at the time and is using the spotlight that the show as given her to reopen old wounds and attack the people she hates and on the other side you have Bret hart and the rest of the family who seem to have been able to move on and are pretty much keeping this whole situation private knowing it make no sense to attack her at this time because it will play right into her game.

I get the she loss her husband because of a stupid accident, but Bret and the rest of the family lost a brother. Stu and helen lost a kid and were as much affected as she was and probably even more she is harder for the parents to lose their kid. Yet, she decided to make his death all about her which is sad because that feud cost any chance for owen's kids to get to know their grandparents and uncle and aunts. They miss so much good time getting to know owen's family and for what, really a feud over the fact they didn't side with her on her lawsuit and the fact that they went with what they thought owen's wouldn't wanted.

I would agree with her on is that the event should have been cancelled after the accident as it was a crime scene and to a lesser extent a dangerous workplace for the talent given the dip in the boards.

I feel for JR having to be the man that was seemingly left with having to break the news.

Having no representations from WWE or Hart Family just shows that it's very much still a tender, difficult and complicated issue for everyone involved.

Owen was the man. WWE management said they were ramping up for a push for Owen to be World Champ. Basically an Owen vs. Vince thing where Vince screwed his brother and Owen would be the new Bret.

Owen was one of the best in ring performers and technical wrestlers of all time. It’s a shame that WWE did not utilize him correctly and gave him weird gimmicks to work with. The only thing that might have held him back was his size, but as a wrestler he was one of the best in the world.

It’s a shame that Owen doesn’t get the proper respect that he deserves. Had he lived long enough he would be a main eventer and legend for sure.

Like Jericho said in Dark Side if the Ring...think of all the great matches Owen could have had with wrestlers in the early 2000’s.... Benoit, Angle, Guerrero, Jericho, Mysterio, Edge, Christian, etc. Owen was a legend

It was a hard episode for me to actually watch because it brought back some painful memories i had that day. I only was emotionally devastated by 2 wrestlers death in my entire live. One was the Ultimate warrior and the other was Owen. Owen in particular hit me hard because i'm canadian and he was like a canadian hero to me just like Bret was. So i remember not really processing this the day of the accident and WWE continuing the show help me in forgetting this for a while. But it did hit me hard the following day and i was a wreck for the rest of the week. It was like i lost a member of my family, so i understand how his family would feel at the time. The fact that i still hold on to my uncensored copy of the event kinda prove that i'm still not totally over it.

So after watching this, i felt why Martha and her kids fell that way, but at the same time i'm not going to condemn WWE and Vince for how it was handle. The fact is, Vince probably didn't know that they change the rigging for the stunt. If he knew about it he would have stop them because Vince as always been about safety for the big stunts over cutting corners. The fact that he didn't stop the event was rarely poorly covered i think because they didn't talk about the fact that Vince went to the entire roster and ask them if they wanted to stop the show or not and most of the guys said they should go on with the show. That part was done to make Vince look bad and that's sad they didn't try to get a Steve Austin or undertaker or even some of the guys that they had to go a little bit more in deep about that part of the story.

The whole thing was done to make Martha look like a strong women fighting against the evil empire that was the whole point instead of the episode instead of trying to tell the balance story. That's kinda why i'm not a huge fan of the series in general. It's a entertaining program and they know how to get people to react to these stories but at the same time, it's just as bad as some of the WWE documentaries because just as WWE is doing with their stuff, Dark side is editing their show to tell the story the way they want it to be presented which sometimes isn't presenting the whole story.

Some of the episodes could easily have went 1.5-2hrs. The L.O.D one appeared rushed towards the end of it.

i think the L.o.D. episode was unnecessary and was the worst episode of the season. You could have shelf that episode and do 2 episode on Owen Hart instead mostly because their was so much more you could have told on about this story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back