• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Daniel Bryan's "Feel Good" Moment

Aeon Mathix

Has Ascended
You might have noticed the apostrophes? Let me explain. At TLC in 2011, Daniel Bryan cashed in Money In The Bank to become World Heavyweight Champion. That reign lasted until Wrestlemania 28 where it was ended in the infamous 18 second match that arguably, launched Bryan to new heights as far as popularity. Fast forward to Summerslam 2013, Bryan becomes one of the few people who have ever pinned John Cena clean and won the WWE Championship in doing so, only to lose it about 3 minutes later to Randy Orton who ironically cashed his Money In The Bank in on Bryan after Triple H turned Heel.

Bryan would regain the title about a month later at Night Of Champions only to be stripped of it the next night on Raw. Now, you might be wondering why the history lesson, but it pertains to the question coming up. The point of all of this is pointing out that Daniel Bryan is already a 3 time World Champion. Yes 2 very short reigns and the first reign where he wasn't even close to the star he is now. Which brings me to the question:

Does Daniel Bryan already being a 3 time World Champion take away from the feel good moment he is sure to have this sunday after becoming WWE World Heavyweight Champion?

Reason I brought this up is because there have been instances where we the people were begging to see someone get the strap put on them. Take CM Punk for example in the "Summer of Punk" in 2011. He won the WWE Championship at Money In The Bank in what was a huge moment no doubt, but it took away a little because he was already a 3 time World Champion before that.

I believe it was KB who brought up last year's Wrestlemania when John Cena won the title and I am misquoting him I'm sure but he basically said "so what? Cena has already won the title numerous times". Granted Cena has about 11 more reigns than Bryan, but the point of this thread is me asking you all if Bryan being a former champion already takes away from his feel good moment he is sure to have at Mania.

I don't think it really matters. All three reigns ended in a way where the fans could feel sorry for Bryan. At WM28, he lost in 18 seconds and the fans started chanting his name throughout the night. At Summerslam he beat John Cena clean but then lost the belt within minutes. His third title reign after Night of Champions lasted less than a day.

It might not be as perfect as Rey, Hardy, Eddie, Van Dam or Benoit but it will still be a huge moment because he is an underdog champion. Two of his World title reigns were part of this storyline and have given him the taste of being champ. That is what makes it brilliant.

The way these reigns have ended adds to the anticipation. This could/will be his moment. The moment where Daniel Bryan defeats Triple H, Batista and Randy Orton in the main-event of Wrestlemania and becomes only the second WWE WHC of all time. He was barely WWE Champion and his World Heavyweight title run was short. This will be big no matter what.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back