• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Daniel Bryan - The Definition of What NXT Should Have Been

ringjobber1

Losing matches to Cena since 2002
With the exception of making him lose every match on NXT and the fact he didn't win Daniel Bryan is the biggest example of what Nxt should of been. You win NXT with a title shot of your choice at any ppv you can challenge the world champion but lose because obviously your a rookie or go for a midcard title and win then one or two years tops you win the big one an your in the main event. But DB is kinda a beat odds type face who lost on NXT got kicked out of nexus and still won the WHC. But you understand what im getting at.
My question is would NXT have gotten better if it was like that?
And would there be a NXT redemption AKA another wwe superstars?
DAMN WWE:banghead:

NXT is a lost concept in itself. There's really nothing happening on the damn show. What week are we on? 55 weeks? The writers only focused on Season 1 and after that, it's been a downward spiral, you can tell because it went from being on TV to becoming a webshow like Superstars.

NXT, in my opinion, was a concept that was only going to work successfully (i.e. like season one) for about 3 or 4 seasons, but thanks to Creative's affinity for fucking everything up, it really only worked until season 2. Once they had the all diva's season (especially considering the state that women's wrestling is in WWE today) and lost that big Amazonian girl as a big attraction, I knew it was over. Honestly, NXT should have followed the blueprint of Season 1 for the most part. I honestly thought season 2 wasn't half bad, but then they bitched out Kaval, which basically devalued the title of NXT winner. Had they avoided the all diva season and kept Kaval relevant, NXT would still be afloat on TV, maybe.

Barrett winning, the Nexus angle and subsequent Cena/Orton feuds were great and something new at the time. Barrett didn't have to win the title match. If they made him go after the United States Championship during the Nexus angle it would have ruined the momentum of the stable. Barrett jumping straight to the WWE Championship match made more sense at the time. However, if Bryan had won (Nexus could still have formed) and used his NXT win to get his United States Championship shot against Miz, there would have been nothing wrong with that.

With that being said, the first two seasons of NXT got it right. The winner received a title match on PPV. What ruined it is not NXT Redemption. What ruined it was a combination of two things. They did a divas only season. How can they seriously expect anyone to remain interested in that for longer than two weeks? By the fourth season no one cared anymore. Secondly, the winners of seasons 3 or 4 never got their title shots. Heck, the fourth NXT winner barely even got a push, let alone his tag team title shot with R-Truth. WWE should not make promises they cannot keep. One could even argue that they blew it with Kaval too. He received no angles beyond his PPV match.

So, yes, guys like Daniel Bryan are who should come out of NXT as strong names to give title shots and potential pushes to. That's what NXT should have been. Not a divas only "experiment" that no one cared about, or having a winner never receive their title shot. I won't even start on NXT Redemption. That show has absolutely nothing to justify its existence. It is a waste of time for everyone involved. If they had just stuck with the original format of NXT and given the winners their pushes then the show would still be around with people watching it, rather than NXT Redemption online that even the 4 people who watch it likely dislike.

After the first two seasons of NXT, the concept died out and became a show for green talent to remain there for quite possibly years. Season 1 was obviously the best one with a stellar match between Daniel Bryan and Chris Jericho to kick off the series. It also provided one helluva promo delivered by Daniel Bryan and that hooked me. Wade Barrett won the season and that was that. Then season 2 came along and Kaval showed what he could do against fellow WWE competitors and rookies alike. Honestly, I loved Kaval's showing because I was a longtime fan of his since his ROH days. The same goes for DB. I couldn't give a crap about the rest of the competitors though. None of them stood out. I liked Husky Harris and the matches he put on with Kaval, but that was it. After that was over, season 3 came along and I skipped out on it. In fact, I skipped out on all other subsequent seasons (how many are there anyway? 4?). I caught a glimpse of Naomi though and I have to say I'm GREATLY attracted to this beauty. Other than that, meh. Oh, and I think I did watch a few episodes involving Matt Striker. The guy actually returned to in-ring action (as short-lived as that was). Too bad he couldn't get a win over Darren Young of all people though. I don't understand why they made Darren Young into this nearly-invincible dude when he wasn't shit on the main roster. Titus needs to beat him more. Anyway, I agree that Daniel Bryan should've been the definition of what NXT should be like. It's a shame there never will be any quality matches of that degree in NXT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back