Daniel Bryan = Rocky Balboa

CCIV

Every Bryan vs Orton match I feel like I'm watching the final fight in Rocky IV. They are becoming Classics!!

After Bryan wins gold could you see The E booking his character like Rocky Balboa?

Right now we would be in the Rocky I phase. He continues to take people and himself to the limit.

Next step is Rocky II where he finally wins the big one instead of just making it to the final bell.

III: After he wins gold he becomes cocky and doesn't need to try as hard. It becomes too easy for him. HBK could be his Mick, trying to shield and protect him from the disease and vultures that latch on once an individual becomes popular.

Bryan loses the gold and HBK in the process hitting rockbottom so he has to rebuild his confidence and determination.

IV: The rebirth. The little "has been" versus the machine. David vs Goliath. Can he recapture what he lost and fought so hard to get in the first place.

Rocky I and II, sure. Not the rest.
That said, Rocky didn't exactly invent the "underdog" storyline. It's pretty much used in EVERY sports movie.

Whilst your analysis is a good one, you have made one mistake. In Rocky IV, he doesn't win the title back. The match with Drago was a non-title match.

Other than that, I can definitely see this being the case

"Whilst your analysis is a good one, you have made one mistake. In Rocky IV, he doesn't win the title back. The match with Drago was a non-title match.

Other than that, I can definitely see this being the case"

Believe me I know how Rocky IV went. My IV in my OP was Bryans part IV.

I can see the comparison in some ways. Both Rocky Balboa & Daniel Bryan are scrappy, hard working, likeable underdogs with tons of heart. The old saying, "Everyone loves a good underdog story" is pretty close to a universal truth. People like the notion of someone that, for whatever reason, is told by others or is made to feel that he/she doesn't have what it takes to accomplish something to prove the doubters wrong. The 23rd of this month marks the 4th anniversary of the first episode of NXT, which was also Bryan's WWE TV debut, and he's been cast in the role of the scrappy, fearless underdog from the very beginning.

As I said in another thread,

For Daniel Bryan to remain at the top, he has to remain the underdog, whether he be Champion or not.

That being said, I can see Bryan's career going the way of his mentor, HBK. Someone who will eventually not need the Championship or Main Event to remain near the top, whilst always being a darling of the Hardcore fans.

Lol yes, Bryan is an underdog and that's why he hasn't won the strap. I like that idea for after he wins. It's always hard to figure out what to do once the underdog wins. Usually the steam dies off.

Daniel Bryan should be like Ryu, the asian Karate guy in Street Fighter 2 the videogame, let him go allover the world and take on various champions in different organizations. that would be so bad

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back